The Catalyst, Physical CD Single

Nameless

So what we would hear on Agust 2nd would be a shorter version of the song. That kinda sucks, but it's what they always do.

No, the entire song would be released. If you were to listen to it on the radio, assuming there is going to be a radio edit, then it would be shorter. But I'm positive we'll be hearing the full length song on August 2nd.

maybe there'll be Radio Edit version of The Catalyst.. more then 5 and half minute song is too long for radioplay

Half of Tool's radio singles destroy the five minute mark.

NIN's done it too.

So have THE BEATLES for God's sake

But it is LP, after all...if something in the song feels too unorthodox or boring to keep in the radio edit they might cut it (like SotD)

I don't listen to the radio much but I've seen a lot of music videos and a lot of them are over the five minute mark. AND recently most music videos I have seen are extended and are longer than the actual songs they promote. Take Broken Bells - The Ghost Inside and Lady Gaga's Alejandro for example.

But it is LP, after all...if something in the song feels too unorthodox or boring to keep in the radio edit they might cut it (like SotD)

Radio edits are nothing new and not limited to LP tracks by any means. I've heard some truly awful edits to songs over the years... Not to mention the one local station would would play all tracks at a slightly faster rate than normal so that they could squeeze in an additional commercial per hour.

Radio edits are nothing new and not limited to LP tracks by any means. I've heard some truly awful edits to songs over the years... Not to mention the one local station would would play all tracks at a slightly faster rate than normal so that they could squeeze in an additional commercial per hour.

God damn the Airplanes version by B.O.B. they play on the radio is AWFUL. First of all, part 2 destroys the first one. But they play the first one, dunno why the label released that one as the single, but they speed it up slightly...it's so recognizable. Hate it.

One, Master Of Puppets, and The Day That Never Comes by Metallica, A Looking In View by Alice In Chains and several Tool songs...I've seen quite a few LONG songs on the radio. I doubt Catalyst will be edited in mainstream radio. It might have a radio edit but I bet they play the studio version very frequently. It's LP, lol.

On radio, I've heard a long Two Step by Dave Matthews Band, Susie Q by Creedence Clearwater Revival, I Will Possess Your Heart by Death Cab For Cutie, Hurt by Nine Inch Nails, etc. They play tons and tons of long songs.

lol @ Down With The Sickness. You kinda HAVE to edit that as the bridge is like pure cussing.