The Catalyst, Physical CD Single

Nameless

Warner Music Switzerland's catalogue has been updated with the first info about "The Catalyst" single:

• Title: Catalyst, The (2 Tracks)
  • Supplier: Warner Music
  • Label: WB
  • Format: Single CD
  • Release: 08/27/2010
  • Promotion: ZG
  • Code: 1
Unfortunately, there's not a tracklisting yet.

Source: warnermusich.ch

But wait wowwtf? 27th August?!?!?!?!!?

It's just the physical single, the song will be released on iTunes on 2nd, radios all over the world will begin playing it on that day, too. : )

Who knows about the second song, though... It might be a live performance of any song from 2009, it might be an instrumental, but I doubt it, there should be an acapella, as well. It might be a random remix from M2M-era, it might be a b-side (it would be awesome, but I also doubt it)... Damn, it might be everything. xD We'll see...

Edited by dark_master

Uhh maybe then it will be the song + music video... dunno

I think that's very possible and makes a lot of sense unless LP decides to do an instrumental again which is always cool. But I'm sure the music+video will be up on itunes by at latest 2 weeks after the broadcast release.

I hope they release it on CD in the U.S. too, I hate digital-only releases.

unfortunately the majority of the time you HAVE to buy the physical copy online since a lot of singles are Import only. It doesnt bother me too much, as long as i know i can get a physical copy of the single along with a special edition copy of A Thousand Suns

maybe there'll be Radio Edit version of The Catalyst.. more then 5 and half minute song is too long for radioplay

Master of Puppets is 8 minutes long and is often played in full on the radio.

One is also in that neighborhood.

(These are Metallica songs for people who don't know.)

Yes but I think... LP is.. more mainstream band like Metallica.. but I could be wrong, of course

Haha, I was about to write this exact same thing. Linkin Park is played on your typical pop/top 40 radio stations as well as rock stations, but Metallica isn't.