Judging MTM Based On Guitar

Nope, disagree. If the album was missing those soft Guitar riffs which actually use a clean channel, then it would be a waist. Seriously if one band is going to stick to one guitar channel every single album its going to sound repeative. Personally as an guitarist, I love the clean smoothing guitar riffs over big chunky power chords.

Personaly, i think this is brad's most diverse/unquie album yet.

Standout tracks: Valentines day, In Pieces, TLTGYA

& Heavier doesn't always mean better. To be honest, its the heavy songs that are the weaskest tracks guitar wise (except GU's bridge & NMS' ebow part)

true some of the really soft songs like LOATR, HHH & In between that are a bit weak and missing better guitar work but overall its a good album that really relies mostly on the layering of the instrumentals and how each complements one another.

Tho IMO the HTEP still stands as benchmark of what brad can acchieve as a guitarist. A great mix of distorted and clean riffs with terrific effects and unquie chord proggressions and structures. In fact, apart from Technique each track one after the other is brads most creative work to date.

Tho IMO the HTEP still stands as benchmark of what brad can acchieve as a guitarist. A great mix of distorted and clean riffs with terrific effects and unquie chord proggressions and structures. In fact, apart from Technique each track one after the other is brads most creative work to date.

This. I think that Part of Me is one of the best LP songs from that era, guitar wise.

MTM has some of the best and worst guitar work on an LP album, IMO it's a mixed bag.

Songs like In Pieces and TLTGYA are amazing, while songs like HHH and LOATR are just down right lazy. They both are just the same part over and over and over again, he could at least change the parts up just a tiny bit.

Take In Pieces. It is definitely not a heavy song, but the guitar part is a much better display of skill than a heavy song like Given Up. I like the softer stuff better because in some cases it does let Brad show that he actually can play guitar.

I think brad should start to show his talent for a bit here...something that should stand out like TLTGYA or faint outro.

From my understanding, brad should start playing intros-outros-interludes in STUDIO ALBUMS, not live, so he cant be criticized as a "bad" or "n00b" player.

Guitar wise, for his type of playing, he should start using Schecter Guitars, a good example is this C-1 Custom:::

Posted Image

Why?

it has literally everything, Seymour Duncan JB Pick-ups, 24 frets and a Floyd rose..which brings me to another story here...

Why cant brad use more elements for his guitar like a tremolo? that would be epic!

Gah..im going off topic...long story short....MTM was sure the most revealing of brads talent, but lets wait on the new one.