Feedback

Would be cool to have a forum and site wider.

Or make the width of those depending on the monitor resolution.

Having the forum only on half of the screen in width on my 1680x1050px resolution is quite a waste of space.

I'm not sure how this thing is done based on the screen resolution, but I suppose that it can be done somehow.

Gotta look into it on my own too.

Having the forum only on half of the screen in width on my 1680x1050px resolution is quite a waste of space.

I'm not sure how this thing is done based on the screen resolution, but I suppose that it can be done somehow.

Hey SergSlim.

Can be accomplished completely with CSS my friend. Look into it. If you need any help, lemme know.

-Seth

Posted Image

Some of the new post/old post icons are hard to read.

Meteora -> The gold tint is barely noticeable.

Out Of Ashes -> That little red dot can be easily passed.

LP 2.0 -> This one isn't that big of a problem. Maybe make the grey one a lighter grey. Would be easier on the eyes to figure out a new and old post.

post-74-1276955859.png

post-74-1276955870.png

post-74-1276955876.png

Some of the new post/old post icons are hard to read.

Meteora -> The gold tint is barely noticeable.

Out Of Ashes -> That little red dot can be easily passed.

LP 2.0 -> This one isn't that big of a problem. Maybe make the grey one a lighter grey. Would be easier on the eyes to figure out a new and old post.

Will work on...

Ahh, thanks man. Some type of notifications when people reply to your posts (like Facebook) would be cool too.

I know it's not really what you meant, but we do have this, which is close:

Posted Image

Edited by SouthernGirlAM
Resized pic

You should totally work on web 2.0 integrations. Like, connect the site with Facebook and Twitter apps in order to make it easier for users to directly share posts or like news posts. It would also help LP Live to become more popular, also in terms of SEO.

Edited by immortalsoul

Posted Image

I don' think it is.

Day after day people are getting wider and wider screens, so this problem is only becoming more urgent as the days pass by, IMO.

Sooner or later we should do this anyway.

I don' think it is.

Day after day people are getting wider and wider screens, so this problem is only becoming more urgent as the days pass by, IMO.

Sooner or later we should do this anyway.

Urgent? I've got a different screen resolution both here at work and at home and find the site and forums easy to use as they are.

Unless you happen to be using an IMAX screen to browse the internet.

I do think the forums should be wider.

Then bam! Perfect.

This! Still very small...half of the screen is empty.

Maybe you should make the width variable. 90 % of the screen width is the forum width for example.

But I think this is impossible because the design would be full of bugs on some screens.

I do agree with Legend. Meteora theme makes it kinda hard to see where there's a new post.

Urgent? I've got a different screen resolution both here at work and at home and find the site and forums easy to use as they are.

Unless you happen to be using an IMAX screen to browse the internet.

This. I have a 19 inch monitor and am using 1024x768 and the forums look great. Learn to use zoom on your browser. And if your name is SergSlim, stop complaining. There is no urgent issue, the forums look fine.

Just an interesting thing I noticed:

I had 2 pages of LPL opened:

1 for the page that I stopped comparing with 2.0 on, and

1 for reading news on main LPL page.

First link is from that time when we still were testing 4.0 only and it has www in it.

Second was opened recently and does not have www in it.

They have different themes. First one has DBS theme, that I set up when i was working on 4.0,

and second has Meteora that I set up after final site launch.

I tried refreshing 1st one, even with CTRL+SHIFT+R in Firefox - still DBS theme.

Quite interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

It would nice to see a twitter integration. A tweet on a new newspost or something like that.

I would put the record of the week on a extra box or something like that. After 3 days and some newspost noone is going to see it anymore, unless you're watching the last 3 pages or something like that.

I had some more ideas the last few days but I forgot them. I'll post again or edit my post when I remember xD

i mean to be fair, anything BIG : tour dates, album updates, etc we do post on facebook which is in sync with twitter. I have my phone link to my twitter & i get updates from the LPL twitter.

i mean to be fair, anything BIG : tour dates, album updates, etc we do post on facebook which is in sync with twitter. I have my phone link to my twitter & i get updates from the LPL twitter.

Yes, but they need to be integrated into the actual LPL site more :P

Yes, but they need to be integrated into the actual LPL site more :P

Why, exactly? Isn't most of what's posted there going to be redundant to what we post in the newswire and on the forums?