A couple of Mike's Interviews about 8BR

Nameless

Mike was on KROQ on Monday to talk about 8-Bit Rebellion, listen to the podcast HERE.

He also dropped a video interview for MTV, watch it HERE

A little exerpt of the written interview on MTV.com:

"[...] But the bonus comes at the end when players who beat the game gain access to a new LP song called "Blackbirds." Shinoda assured fans that the song is not a leftover or a B-side: The track was recorded exclusively for "8-Bit Rebellion!" and won't appear on any upcoming albums."

I guess we know what to ask in the next Mike's chat at LPU.

"We're definitely hoping to continue to add to the game," Shinoda said. "That's one thing that's nice about the way the Apple app store is set up that you can, whether for an extra charge or for free, you can upload new content for your game. It's really easy — we intend to keep it moving."

Thoughts?

Thanks to Jas over LPTimes

Mike was on KROQ on Monday to talk about 8-Bit Rebellion, listen to the podcast HERE.

He also dropped a video interview for MTV, watch it HERE

A little exerpt of the written interview on MTV.com:

"[...] But the bonus comes at the end when players who beat the game gain access to a new LP song called "Blackbirds." Shinoda assured fans that the song is not a leftover or a B-side: The track was recorded exclusively for "8-Bit Rebellion!" and won't appear on any upcoming albums."

I guess we know what to ask in the next Mike's chat at LPU.

"We're definitely hoping to continue to add to the game," Shinoda said. "That's one thing that's nice about the way the Apple app store is set up that you can, whether for an extra charge or for free, you can upload new content for your game. It's really easy — we intend to keep it moving."

Thoughts?

Thanks to Jas over LPTimes

What are you going to ask?

I agree with Mike about the updates, great way to keep your game up to date and to continue to add new content to the games but I really hope that with 8BR they don't take forever with the updates that are only minor. I've waited for a game to get an update for maybe over a month (it was a month ago when they said a new update was coming) and they only fix up a few bugs I never even saw.

What he means is that, like Not Alone, it was an unfinished demo, and they went back to finished it for the game. You know how interviewers always write stuff without actually asking the right questions. No need to call Mike a liar, he was just misunderstood . Also no need to waste time asking him that in a chat.

What are you going to ask?

I agree with Mike about the updates, great way to keep your game up to date and to continue to add new content to the games but I really hope that with 8BR they don't take forever with the updates that are only minor. I've waited for a game to get an update for maybe over a month (it was a month ago when they said a new update was coming) and they only fix up a few bugs I never even saw.

the game is too short, they need put more missions, more vilains to kill, and achievements offline

and on 'lpu store' they confused mike with phoenix statue

the game is too short, they need put more missions, more vilains to kill, and achievements offline

maybe also more goodies for completing those extra missions :P like another unreleased/new song...

mike saying bb won't be on any albums means for me that the following is possible:

-bb does not fit into the new album in lp's opinion, which means that the new album might be heavier again

-bb might be played live as neither said they want to or do not want to play it (ask him! ;) )

-same about atl

-they will charge money for new game content (1. they always go for more money, except for mike who put up the vma scores etc for free. 2. micropayments are evil!)

-don't expect any updates too soon. at least not before the next album.

maybe also more goodies for completing those extra missions :P like another unreleased/new song...

mike saying bb won't be on any albums means for me that the following is possible:

-bb does not fit into the new album in lp's opinion, which means that the new album might be heavier again

It was never meant for the new album because it was a MTM bside. This song is is no way any indication of what the new album will or wont be.

How are people still not seeing that Blackbirds is the 6SS? XD Unless you thought they were going to use an old album b-side for a new album, which I guess they always could. Now that I think about it, didn't Mike mention something about maybe doing that?

Edited by Xero21

It's kind of annoying that Mike says Blackbirds isn't from the MTM demos. Obviously it is, does he think we are fucking stupid?

You really need to check your facts 77

He never said it was from the MTM era, he said it was FINISHED!!!!!!!!! FOR THE GAME.

He never said they wrote it after minutes to midnight. we all know it is from it. so stupid trying act like a smartass and stop complaining about every little thing Mike says in a interview.

Honestly though, does Mike saying it isn't a MTM demo make any difference?

Don't say yes because its a liar or whatever because you knowing its a MTM doesn't make a difference.

Edited by Joseph

Don't say yes because its a liar or whatever because you knowing its a MTM doesn't make a difference.

Agree, people are just trying to find reasons to complain

I'm pretty sure we're all aware that it doesn't make a difference when the song was made.

Is no one allowed to post about how weird it is that Mike says it wasn't a b-side when it clearly was? I don't think anyone is complaining about it, it's just a weird fact to point out and discuss.

I think we can determine that the reason he says it is not a b-side is because Linkin Park considers anything never heard before "new" (which I also agree with), and he might not even remember that the clip of Blackbirds is in the MtM DVD. He also has taken a step back and instead of saying it is a "brand new" song, he is saying it is a song that was "finished exclusively for the game," which is 100% accurate.

It doesn't make sense to say that they finished Blackbirds exclusively for the game. Obviously if Blackbirds had live strings recorded for it then it must have been somewhat finished. I mean the clip in the DVD sounds exactly the same as the end of Blackbirds now. I don't understand at all. Maybe Mike just says it's brand new so more people that aren't hardcore LP fans will buy the game. If he said it was a MTM b-side then a lot of people probably wouldn't be as interested.

Me leaving my Xbox 360 to download Halo: Reach Beta all day while I was at school and then coming home to find out I had been signed out because I left it for too long and now having to continue to download while the minutes tick away until bed time is holding up the new album.

wrongforumfail...

It doesn't make sense to say that they finished Blackbirds exclusively for the game. Obviously if Blackbirds had live strings recorded for it then it must have been somewhat finished. I mean the clip in the DVD sounds exactly the same as the end of Blackbirds now. I don't understand at all. Maybe Mike just says it's brand new so more people that aren't hardcore LP fans will buy the game. If he said it was a MTM b-side then a lot of people probably wouldn't be as interested.

OMG!! the last 3 three seconds are exactly the same??? (SARCASM)......

That they have strings in the song doesnt mean it's finished.

Edited by Fran07Chile