Linkin Park @ South American Tour 2010 ?

Biel

true... and yeah the metallica show in Guatemala that i attended had sound issues during the first two songs. The crowd nearly started a riot...

Guatemala is part of south american now ? :o

Don't know about it let me read more the last news :P

Edited by Biel

First.. try know better about the shows on south american region

to after say anything ;)

Astat does more research on a topic before posting than anyone I know, so don't tell him he needs to "try know better about the shows on south american region to after say anything".

I remember when this announcement was made in 2008:

Due to unforeseen technical issues, Nine Inch Nails' October 15 show at the Poliedro de Caracas in Caracas, Venezuela has been moved up a week to October 8. Tickets for the October 15 show will of course be honored at the new date.

The same issues have unfortunately forced the cancellation of the following shows:

Tue-Oct-07 Sao Paulo BR Via Funchal

Thu-Oct-09 Porto Alegre BR Pepsi on Stage

Sun-Oct-12 Bogota COL BIMA Mall

The promoters fucked Trent and lied to him about the NIN production. They couldn't accommodate the NIN show when they initially said they could. This also happened to NIN in like Taiwan or something last year, lol. Poor Trent.

South American promoters are known for being very sketchy and have been proven to lie to bands to get them to commit to shows when in actuality they can't accommodate them properly. I don't blame bands for not touring down there...it's a very weird situation.

Another story I can recall off the top of my head: When KISS toured Brazil for the first time in 1983, they were puzzled why so much of the venue's in-house equipment had "Earth, Wind, and Fire" logos all over it. Then after they flew back to the U.S. after the tour, they quickly found out why: Earth, Wind, and Fire had toured down there and never got any of their equipment back, the promoters stole all of it and used it for other shows they put on later. Every time an American band would play this promoter's shows down there, the promoter would never send their equipment back, and they'd just keep adding more and more to their stockpile of stolen music gear. KISS wound up having to sue and deal with almost 2 years worth of legal red tape just to get SOME of their stuff back - they never got all of it.

Also, this isn't a music-related story, but a similar situation: During the mid-90s, one of the Bigfoot monster trucks was shipped down to Brazil to be part of a big monster truck show there. The promoters lied about what kind of paperwork the owners of the truck had to fill out, and as a result, customs agents would not allow the truck to be shipped back to the U.S. after the show was over. To this day, that truck is still stuck in Brazil and unable to return to the country.

ps: Woodstock Festival I'm sure being confirmed, but without LP, unhappily

i think it too

and brazil really have some bad promoters but i doesn't means all promoters is bad guy and a lier

it's could be happen in anywhere in the world, incluiding brazil or any country in south america

i'm not trying defend them or explain why this bullshit happens

i want to say 'don't generalize'

i think it too

and brazil really have some bad promoters but i doesn't means all promoters is bad guy and a lier

it's could be happen in anywhere in the world, incluiding brazil or any country in south america

i'm not trying defend them or explain why this bullshit happens

i want to say 'don't generalize'

+1

was it that i try say in my last post.

Great post slim ;)

KISS wound up having to sue and deal with almost 2 years worth of legal red tape just to get SOME of their stuff back - they never got all of it.

What if LP came to Brazil and used KISS's stolen equipment? I imagine some KISS pyro is among the stockpile of stolen goods.

:lol:

Edited by LPPhan2005