You can't really compare DBS and FM because of their differences but...

Anality

Fort Minor, no questions asked.

Dead By Sunrise is great don't get me wrong, but they kinda sold out to Warner whereas Mike made the entire album himself and had a REAL artist produce it. Nothing against Howard Benson personally, I love his work with MCR but he just didn't do DBS the justice I had expected.

Fort Minor, no questions asked.

Dead By Sunrise is great don't get me wrong, but they kinda sold out to Warner whereas Mike made the entire album himself and had a REAL artist produce it. Nothing against Howard Benson personally, I love his work with MCR but he just didn't do DBS the justice I had expected.

exactly!

FM hands down.

Because of the amount of stuff Mike did for FM eg the mixtape then he had the website all the promotion which is all something that DBS doesnt have it stands tall. If DBS did have all that then I still think FM would come out ontop because it seemed to get a better reaction.

Thoughts on both.

FM: On the two LP albums leading up to TRT, there was one song per album that was mostly rap (HV remix and Nobody's Listening). People wanted to see what hip-hop talents Mike could bring to the table and Mike was anxious to do so. So he put out TRT and the singles that followed got a lot of play and appreciation.

DBS: Everyone knows Chester and his vocal talents. The hype and demand came from Chester talking about all these songs he wrote in 2005. Once JK hit the scene and it was revealed that Chester's project isn't a solo act but a band collaboration, that built the hype up more. After the various Club Tattoo gigs that followed, the hype grew more and more. After everything that led up to the release of OOA and OOA finally dropped, it was met with a mixed reception and a job poorly done by the label and management. Because of all this, fans wrote off DBS and have now fixed their attention to LP #4.

Verdict: Both are great in their own ways, despite how OOA was putting Talinda on a pedestal.

Edited by LPPhan2005

• 2 weeks later...

I can see the reative side to Dead By Sunrise however to me it sounds overall very boring. I think the reason I like Fort Minor a lot more is because it manages to hold my interest a lot more then Dead By Sunrise.

The thing is, it's that same thing that makes me look at Hybrid Theory and Meteora as good efforts and Minutes to Midnight as a work of art.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...