Favorite Band Member

Geki

Favorite Band Member  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your Favorite Band Member of Linkin Park?

• Mike Shinoda
    • Chester Bennington
    • Joe Hahn
    • Brad Delson
    • Rob Bourdon
    • Dave "Phoenix" Farrell

Mike is the better songwriter and lyricist as well as being a more versatile instrumentalist. Just because Chester has a better voice, doesn't make him more talented.

C'mon guys, who cares who is better in something.. I wouldn't say such things and to compare each with other is stupid thing also..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix. I would say Mike, because without him this band wouldn't be anywhere, plus I love him as an artist, but Phoenix knows what he is doing. He always finds ways to make the band think twice about what they want to do. He also opened up two of the in-the-makings.

He wanted to continue making progressive music, and keep things intresting, while other members wanted to shit out songs (The Catalyst). Look how much better it turned out, from the demo we heard on the DVD. The whole "lift me up let me go" segment makes this song unique. Take that out, you have a normal song that steadily builds.

Edited by Mystery

I think both chester and mike do good job on studio. I voted mike, tough. I think he's really visionary in musical terms, I mean, he knows good stuff about the industry and different genres, Chester is more rock oriented, so Mike's influence adds a wider range of stuff. just my opinion

LMAO as if FM would be so much better lyric wise...

i dont think so. Except for a few maybe.... like kenji or The hard way...but i would not say they are BETTER...

Chester mostly writes about his own experience. Actually i like these kind of lyrics more.

Edited by dwarf

To be perfectly honest, I can easily say that Linkin Park would not be my favourite band without Chester fucking Bennington. I'm not a huge fan of rap, although I must say Mike has loads of talent, and Mike's vocals just aren't up to snuff IMO. That and he can't scream like a god.

Mike IS Linkin Park.

Though actually it was hearing Chester's voice for the first time that got me into the band...

Cmon Mike is NOT Linkin Park. All six together are.

Remember LP weren't successful at all til Chester came in.

LMAO as if FM would be so much better lyric wise... i dont think so. Except for a few maybe.... like kenji or The hard way...but i would not say they are BETTER... Chester mostly writes about his own experience. Actually i like these kind of lyrics more.

Well I guess I just am not a huge fan of whiny, my-life-sucks kind of lyrics. They are easily predictable and come off as childish and immature, oftentimes.

Cmon Mike is NOT Linkin Park. All six together are.

Remember LP weren't successful at all til Chester came in.

Well, they didn't exactly shoot to success as soon as he joined.

My point is that without Mike, there would be no Linkin Park- you could probably replace any other band member and the band could keep going, but without Mike they would be screwed.

Ok. I personally wouldnt like Linkin Park anymore if there would be another singer.

Mike is not the only important. Imagine there would be super lyrics, but a shitty singer. Would u still like the songs just because the lyrics are sooo great? Even if the vocals are crap? I dont think so.

Yeah, lyrics are important. But the most important part for me is how a song SOUNDS like.....(vocals, melodies...) even a song with shit lyrics can sound good.

BTW: if a record sucks (for example some ppl dont like ATS) it's all Mike to blame, right? Because he is the MAIN PART ......?? So if something is bad, it's Mike's fault.

Edited by dwarf

;)

Then how you guys know, if something is bad (and mike has taken the main part on it) , that the other guys of lp couldnt make it BETTER?

:D

Because they would have already released it and can't physically rewind time to unrelease it, re-work it some more, and then hope it fares better?...At least, I don't think they can :unsure:

No. :D

If Mike is the main part then maybe it's 80% HIS decision which songs make it on the album. Maybe the other guys have better ideas, but mike doesnt take them? Or they dont tell him :P Maybe...they leave it all up to Mike. Or they are just too lazy :D Who knows???