8-Bit Rebellion Testing: Hong Kong and Berlin

vyonizr

Well, when they said there would be exclusive beta testing for LPUers, I wrongly assumed that they were gonna just put it on the LPU site somehow (which wouldn't really make much sense).

So, I'm obviously disappointed at not being able to play it as an LPUer, but it's my own fault for making assumptions, haha.

ha, germany ftw as always.

but they were so kind to do it in europe/asia..thanks

But congrats to you non-U.S. LPU members for getting the opportunity as well.

Well, when they said there would be exclusive beta testing for LPUers, I wrongly assumed that they were gonna just put it on the LPU site somehow (which wouldn't really make much sense).

So, I'm obviously disappointed at not being able to play it as an LPUer, but it's my own fault for making assumptions, haha.

I guess but I mean hell, I thought the shit was heavily fucking implied it was for the entire LPU. When you say LPU, I don't think you are referring to 30 in one city, 30 in another and 30 in another. Uhh, what? That's not the LPU. That's like 1/100000th of the LPU or even smaller. Weird. I assumed the same as you but I was like 110% sure that was a totally SAFE assumption.

You can't ever tell with any wording by anything released by LP management. The wording is ridiculously loose and can mean almost anything. "NEW UNRELEASED SONG" could mean anything. A song just written, a song written before and just now released, a song written before and edited recently and just now released, etc. "LPU BETA TEST" I guess could mean entire LPU, 1 LPU'er, 100 LPU'ers or 10 LPU'ers.

It's a cool exclusive event for the LPUers but it was pretty obvious that it wouldn't be like everyone can just download a demo online. All the app stuff just doesn't work like that.

A few people can go, if they are lucky enough, that's fine with me. We are not missing much. Playing the demo doesn't get you to the new song anyway, so what.

Berlin would be an option for me too but I just don't bother with all the costs traveling there for an 2 hour event just to play a demo of a game that I end up getting at some later point anyway.

The event also happens outside the US, what rarely happens for real LPU events.

You can't always make it up to everyone.

I guess but I mean hell, I thought the shit was heavily fucking implied it was for the entire LPU. When you say LPU, I don't think you are referring to 30 in one city, 30 in another and 30 in another. Uhh, what? That's not the LPU. That's like 1/100000th of the LPU or even smaller. Weird. I assumed the same as you but I was like 110% sure that was a totally SAFE assumption.

You can't ever tell with any wording by anything released by LP management. The wording is ridiculously loose and can mean almost anything. "NEW UNRELEASED SONG" could mean anything. A song just written, a song written before and just now released, a song written before and edited recently and just now released, etc. "LPU BETA TEST" I guess could mean entire LPU, 1 LPU'er, 100 LPU'ers or 10 LPU'ers.

"8-Bit Rebellion is on the way, but before it's released to the public, we want LPUers to test it out! Details coming SOON!"

That's not "heavily implying" anything. We want LPUers to test it. LPUers are going to test it. In no way can you take that and make it seem like a "heavy implication" that every single LPUer all over the world is going to be able to test the game. I've said it a million times, you guys read way too much into things. People were getting pissed when Mike said the album might now be out until later in the year because they swore his statements previously were saying with complete fact and certainty that the album would be dropping exactly at a certain time. Jesus, gives us a break. I try to keep you guys in the loop with everything we're working on and read your feedback and do everything I can to make your experience with LPU great, but it just seems like you guys are almost impossible to make and keep happy. We do way more than almost any other fan club and trust me, if we could make it so all of you could test the game, we would. Sorry you don't all live in LA or that we don't have offices in every city in the world so we can always make everyone happy all the time. It's not as easy as making a single phone call to every city with an LPUer in it and making shit happen. It doesn't work that way. The company making the game has offices in LA, Hong Kong and Berlin, so that's where people are testing the game.

By the way, we're also STILL trying to work something else out so more people can test the game. I'm sure that won't make everyone happy either, but at least we're doing the best we can.

/rant.

"8-Bit Rebellion is on the way, but before it's released to the public, we want LPUers to test it out! Details coming SOON!"

That's not "heavily implying" anything. We want LPUers to test it. LPUers are going to test it. In no way can you take that and make it seem like a "heavy implication" that every single LPUer all over the world is going to be able to test the game. I've said it a million times, you guys read way too much into things. People were getting pissed when Mike said the album might now be out until later in the year because they swore his statements previously were saying with complete fact and certainty that the album would be dropping exactly at a certain time. Jesus, gives us a break. I try to keep you guys in the loop with everything we're working on and read your feedback and do everything I can to make your experience with LPU great, but it just seems like you guys are almost impossible to make and keep happy. We do way more than almost any other fan club and trust me, if we could make it so all of you could test the game, we would. Sorry you don't all live in LA or that we don't have offices in every city in the world so we can always make everyone happy all the time. It's not as easy as making a single phone call to every city with an LPUer in it and making shit happen. It doesn't work that way. The company making the game has offices in LA, Hong Kong and Berlin, so that's where people are testing the game.

By the way, we're also STILL trying to work something else out so more people can test the game. I'm sure that won't make everyone happy either, but at least we're doing the best we can.

/rant.

With the way the music industry is taking a hit, you certainly don't want to piss your fans off -- unless they want to make bubblegum pop for the rest of their careers. LPHQ has turned into used car salesmen.

lol but u know how LP r perfectionist with everything they doo....Man I hate to see how the guys were like in school with essays and projects. I bet they were never turned in on time lol.

It's actually good business/software practice to make sure the stuff's released right the first time, without problems. Word of mouth will quickly help a product succeed, if good, or tank, if the product sucks.

No hard feelings on anything Adam since you know I know you do a damn good job with your work, so don't take any of this as an attack on you.

That's not "heavily implying" anything. We want LPUers to test it. LPUers are going to test it. In no way can you take that and make it seem like a "heavy implication" that every single LPUer all over the world is going to be able to test the game.

Then say "select LPU'ers" or "some LPU'ers" or something, not "LPU'ers", lol. LPU = lots of people. Select LPU'ers = a select number of them. When someone says "A new track for the LPU" I take that as a new song for the ENTIRE LPU, not 30 here, 30 there, etc, lol. Beta test the new game? Sure, I thought that meant the entire LPU. Why not? It meant the entire LPU for the new LP.com. You used the term LPU in several places to mean several different things. Sometimes it's meant as everyone, sometimes it is not - all I'm saying is you should clarify it.

I've said it a million times, you guys read way too much into things. People were getting pissed when Mike said the album might now be out until later in the year because they swore his statements previously were saying with complete fact and certainty that the album would be dropping exactly at a certain time. Jesus, gives us a break.

Don't say you're going to have something out and then don't come through with it in that time period. I learned that lesson with LPL 4.0. Don't say something is coming and then later say "oh nevermind, it's coming later". LP does that a lot. It just pisses people off. We don't read too much into things - when "the glue" of the band says it's hopefully dropping in 2009, then I believe it's dropping in 2009. If he's confident enough to say that then in most fans' opinions, it's likely to be true, lol. The new album has been pushed back over a year for some reason, and I have no idea why.

I try to keep you guys in the loop with everything we're working on and read your feedback and do everything I can to make your experience with LPU great, but it just seems like you guys are almost impossible to make and keep happy. We do way more than almost any other fan club and trust me, if we could make it so all of you could test the game, we would. Sorry you don't all live in LA or that we don't have offices in every city in the world so we can always make everyone happy all the time. It's not as easy as making a single phone call to every city with an LPUer in it and making shit happen. It doesn't work that way. The company making the game has offices in LA, Hong Kong and Berlin, so that's where people are testing the game.

Understood. You do great with keeping us in the loop and do great responding to our feedback. We're hardcore fans. These are THE number one LP fans and therefore THE hardest to please. The hardcore fans are the most supportive of the band but also the most critical. It's just how it is. We don't hate the LPU or you, it's just how things go I guess, lol.

I think the main "problem" about recording the album is that they are not under time pressure, thus they can move the expected date around all the time.

With no deadline set, I'd think it's very tough to estimate when an album will be done. Until they got to the point they finished enough songs.