The Third Encore Sessions

1996_LP

Hi guys, I remember seeing a lot of these performances ages ago before MTM hit, and loved how awesome they sounded.

I have "Given Up" and "No More Sorrow" - which I got from the Bleed it out & Shadow of the Day singles,

Can anyone give me a list of all the 3ES tracks or more preferably a list of the tracks recorded/mixed that where released on some format like the ones on the singles (I'm pretty sure "What i've done" "faint" and "breaking the habit" exist somewhere)

Download links to some of the songs would also be appreciated :)

Thanks

The only ones released on CD were Given Up and two different No More Sorrow performances. The others that were released were digital bonuses that are DRM protected.

I believe What I've Done, No More Sorrow and Given Up from AOL Sessions were Best Buy bonuses, What I've Done is an album-only iTunes bonus and No More Sorrow had its own promo CD that came with MTM on its release at several retailers. Breaking the Habit & What I've Done were the Walmart bonuses from the Walmart soundcheck.

Given Up and No More Sorrow from the BIO and SOTD singles were from the "Third Encore Sessions", though I believe all of them were performed at Third Encore (their rehearsal studio).

EDIT: Here is a list of all of them:

Given Up (Third Encore Session) [bleed It Out CD single/MTM Tour Edition]

No More Sorrow (Third Encore Session) [shadow of the Day CD single]

What I've Done (AOL Session) [iTunes/Best Buy digital bonus]

No More Sorrow (AOL Session) [best Buy digital bonus/Promo CD]

Given Up (AOL Session) [best Buy digital bonus]

Breaking the Habit (Walmart Session) [Walmart digital bonus]

What I've Done (Walmart Session) [Walmart digital bonus]

Edited by Aiman

Thanks guys, I'll try and hunt them down. Though I could swear there was a "Faint" performance in there somewhere...

*edit* just realized, it wasn't released on CD/digi bonus was it? I remmber the videos of all the performances where streamed online (the AOL ones I think)

Edited by Bennington_Hahn

Thanks guys, I'll try and hunt them down. Though I could swear there was a "Faint" performance in there somewhere...

*edit* just realized, it wasn't released on CD/digi bonus was it? I remmber the videos of all the performances where streamed online (the AOL ones I think)

Faint was from AOL Sessions.

Technically, Sessions@AOL, Stripped, Walmart Soundcheck, etc. were all part of the "Third Encore Sessions." LP just had the various film crews come in and film some of their rehearsals at Third Encore, it was just the ones they recorded themselves that were released as "Third Encore Session" songs on singles/the MTM MVI disc. All of those performances were probably within a few days of each other in mid-March of '07.

LoL, so what's the point?

Why do they release them with the singles and stuff?

Even though they're (heavily) edited, they still sound more "raw" then the studio versions.

On a side note, censoring Given Up was one of the most pointless things they have ever done, seeing as how it was released on a single to an explicit song and an explicit album. It would've been so much better if No More Sorrow was on the Bleed It Out single and a live version of Hands Held High was on the Shadow of the Day single. [/rant]

• 8 months later...

Even though they're (heavily) edited, they still sound more "raw" then the studio versions.

On a side note, censoring Given Up was one of the most pointless things they have ever done, seeing as how it was released on a single to an explicit song and an explicit album. It would've been so much better if No More Sorrow was on the Bleed It Out single and a live version of Hands Held High was on the Shadow of the Day single. [/rant]

I LOL'd at the censoring. Typical Warner. Whats the point aye hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

You mean typical american?

O_- Nationality bias? There's a lot of it on the down low here. Its a shame considering this is an American forum for an American band. I'd rather look at at like we are all people, and all people have the ability to suck. Branding millions of people on stereotypes is short sighted either way. Sorry if I'm out of line.

The Third Encore tracks are rather boring I thought. Although I think What I've Done from AOL Sessions was decent, lol.

Someone should make an uncensored Given Up from AOL or any of these performances. Preferably the third encore one on the BIO single since it's the highest quality. I know GU from popworld is uncensored, maybe try to edit that in?