Chester on falsetto?

Trang

Not much...I think Mike actually sings falsetto more often with all the high backing vocal parts he does (first half of TLTGYA, Valentine's Day, SOTD, Points of Authority, No More Sorrow, Reanimation bridge of One Step Closer, etc.).

I know that the "ahhh" after the first chorus in Let Down is definitely falsetto, and a lot of the harmonies on the DBS album probably are too, but I'm drawing a blank on any LP falsetto parts that Chester sings.

Not much...I think Mike actually sings falsetto more often with all the high backing vocal parts he does (first half of TLTGYA, Valentine's Day, SOTD, Points of Authority, No More Sorrow, Reanimation bridge of One Step Closer, etc.).

I know that the "ahhh" after the first chorus in Let Down is definitely falsetto, and a lot of the harmonies on the DBS album probably are too, but I'm drawing a blank on any LP falsetto parts that Chester sings.

Yeah, didn't you say the chorus's in GMYN are falsetto, then at the last chorus he sings normaly? or visa-versa?

Yeah, didn't you say the chorus's in GMYN are falsetto, then at the last chorus he sings normaly? or visa-versa?

He does sing falsetto on GMYN, but he doesn't sing falsetto with Linkin Park.

I'd like to know on which song Mike sings the lowest and on which one the highest, dito with Chester.

He does sing falsetto on GMYN, but he doesn't sing falsetto with Linkin Park.

I'd like to know on which song Mike sings the lowest and on which one the highest, dito with Chester.

The highest note Chester hits full-voice that I'm aware of is a high B in the chorus of New Divide. I'm not sure, but I think the lowest he goes in an LP song is in the verses of Leave Out All the Rest. He sings lower than that on some Grey Daze material though.

That's what's so special about Chester. He does not even scream the insane highpitched scream in Given Up falsetto. He is using his full voice all the way. It's amazing, cause his speaking pitch isn't very high. Same as for Marilyn Manson.

The idea to post this thread came as I was listening to GMYN and I thought "wow, that's a falsetto" and it really surprised me since I never realized Chester sang on it ever before... So he really doesn't LP-wise huh?!?!

Would you explain me better this lowest and highest thing? I'm very newbie when it comes to singing.

And please don't tell me to Google it.

Edited by Trang

The Little Things Give You Away has Chester singing audibly in falsetto. But Mike has a lower tone. Mike goes on more falsetto.

High pitch means singing in soprano - for example: chorus in New Divide

Low pitch means singing in somewhere between tenor and alto - for example: verses of Crawling or a bit of LOATR

Thank you for the info...

According to wikipedia, soprano is usually used on falsetto by men. O.o

I really want to make some singing classes... It amuses me how detailed this thing is (not just singing in the shower, you know)... Too bad college sucks the life out of me.

Edited by Trang

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...