4. Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP, 10,204,000 units sold

5. Eminem, The Eminem Show, 9,799,000 units sold

6. Usher, Confessions, 9,712,000 units sold

7. Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory, 9,663,000 units sold

8. Creed, Human Clay, 9,491,000 units sold

9. Britney Spears, Oops! ... I Did It Again, 9,185,000 units sold

10. Nelly, Country Grammar, 8,461,000 units sold

Source here.

Not surprised at all. I remember hearing a while back that Eminem was the highest selling artist of this decade and Linkin Park was in 2nd. And considering that LP came out in 2000 while the rest of the artists on this list had more years of exposure is saying a lot. And the fact that they're the only rock band in the top 10 says a lot too. They came into the scene at a very odd time for music. Pirating and music downloading programs really hurt record sales as the the decade progressed and LP established themselves early on so that as the decade continued they were liked and appreciate enough that people went out and bought their CD's. Not to mention that this decade was a dead age in rock in terms of of establishing new household bands. When you look back at previous decades you see the greatest of the greats. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Metallica, U2, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc... Each decade had its best, and when you look at the 2000 era I think Linkin Park's at the top of this list. No other band that came about in 2000 or later comes even close. Its things like these that lets the world know how much of an impact LP's had on the music industry. We've seen them grow creatively over this past decade and I think they're only going to get better, if they can cut back on the time they spend in the studio lol

it still blows my mind that the beatles have one BILLION. A tad overrated group in my mind

Well, you're looking at it as "sound" instead of them being one of many pioneers in the industry. The sounds they achieved were extremely complex, whereas now we can just purchase a program on the market that does all the work for us. People highly respect The Beatles and will for years to come. I know what you are saying but there is a reason for the high sales...it reflects their hard work that made them successful.

FYI for anybody wondering "wait, I thought Hybrid Theory had sold 10 million+ copies and got a Diamond award from the RIAA?" RIAA certifies albums based on copies shipped, not copies sold. Plus, not every copy of an album sold goes through the Nielsen Soundscan system (although most do), so the RIAA's number is always going to be higher than what's actually been sold, and the Soundscan number is always going to be slightly lower.

it still blows my mind that the beatles have one BILLION. A tad overrated group in my mind

waaay overrated, sure they are the most influential band ever but i cant stand their music. I think most people follow them blindly simply because everyone else loves them and because they were so influential, not because of the music.

HT is the best selling debut album of the new millennium and like the second/third best ever.

edit* here is worldwide:

1. 1 (The Beatles)= 30 Million

2. Come Away With Me (Nora Jones)= 25 Million

3. Hybrid Theory (Linking Park)= 24 Million

4. The Marshall Mathers LP (Eminem)= 21 Million

5. Confessions (Usher)= 19 Million

6. The Eminem Show (Eminem)= 19 Million

7. Oops!...I Did it Again(Britney Spears)= 18 Million

8. No Strings Attached (N'Sync)= 17 Million

9. Let Go (Avril Lavigne)= 17 Million

10. Fallen (Evanescence)= 15 Million

Edited by GraDoN

So I guess that I'm the only one on this board that actually likes the Beatles? wow...

I like a lot of their songs, and for their time, they were extremely ahead of the curve. Nowadays, people see the Beatles kinda as a fad or maybe even a clique. But, back on topic.....I'm glad my 2 copies went to good use....probably should go get another just for good measure before the new year/new decade comes around.

So I guess that I'm the only one on this board that actually likes the Beatles? wow...

I like their more experimental and/or heavier stuff from later in their career. I don't care for too much of their stuff prior to Revolver though.

waaay overrated, sure they are the most influential band ever but i cant stand their music. I think most people follow them blindly simply because everyone else loves them and because they were so influential, not because of the music.

HT is the best selling debut album of the new millennium and like the second/third best ever.

edit* here is worldwide:

fail

FYI for anybody wondering "wait, I thought Hybrid Theory had sold 10 million+ copies and got a Diamond award from the RIAA?" RIAA certifies albums based on copies shipped, not copies sold. Plus, not every copy of an album sold goes through the Nielsen Soundscan system (although most do), so the RIAA's number is always going to be higher than what's actually been sold, and the Soundscan number is always going to be slightly lower.

You read my mind. Thanks for the info.

edit* here is worldwide:

Can you mention your source?