Mike's non-rap vocal abilities

Trang

Should we find it weird that Mike never actually sung In Between or No Roads Left live?

Fans were almost dying for the second one, and he didn't sing, not even to close the tour with honors.

I'm kind of concerned about it. Opinions?

In Between was played a total of 12 times live from January 2008 to March 2008 on the North American Winter Tour, so I'm not sure where you're getting your information that it was "never actually sung by Mike live".

No Roads Left was rehearsed multiple times. Mike feels like he can't perform the song and then perform others after it live, which is understandable. I think we'll see it someday live, though. I really thought it could've been done this summer after Bleed It Out. Example:

Bleed It Out

No Roads Left

-

DEAD BY SUNRISE - 3 SONGS (Select shows)

-

New Divide

Faint

One Step Closer

He only does harmony/backing vocals on New Divide...he has a 3-5 minute break before that after NRL. I guess they didn't want to play it, so oh well. I think one day he'll add it to the setlist but I have no idea when that'll be, lol.

In Between was played a total of 12 times live from January 2008 to March 2008 on the North American Winter Tour, so I'm not sure where you're getting your information that it was "never actually sung by Mike live".

No Roads Left was rehearsed multiple times. Mike feels like he can't perform the song and then perform others after it live, which is understandable. I think we'll see it someday live, though.

He only does harmony/backing vocals on New Divide...he has a 3-5 minute break before that after NRL. I guess they didn't want to play it, so oh well. I think one day he'll add it to the setlist but I have no idea when that'll be, lol.

Maybe we'll be suprised. We thought we'd never hear Dedicated live, and he rapped it over POA. IDK, maybe they'll reherse it more, and decide to play it. I was so hoping they'd do it at Epicenter, but i think the Tool fans would've killed them. Look at their reaction to DBS and New Divide!

I wish they would've played In Between more. Its one of my favs off the album. Mike's voice is so powerful in that song

Maybe we'll be suprised. We thought we'd never hear Dedicated live, and he rapped it over POA. IDK, maybe they'll reherse it more, and decide to play it. I was so hoping they'd do it at Epicenter, but i think the Tool fans would've killed them. Look at their reaction to DBS and New Divide!

I wish they would've played In Between more. Its one of my favs off the album. Mike's voice is so powerful in that song

I was epicenter..... fucking tool fans <_<

anyways, back on topic.....

I would love to hear NRL live. But i think when he did "In Between" it wasn't that great.

Oh sorry, I didn't know that. I don't usually pay attention to setlists, and I said that because the song is not included on z.weirz Best of World Tour 08... I thought he would include all songs on it.

Thanks for the info.

I hope to hear NRL someday.

I guess he has the vocals to do it but it's strange he never did.

May you tell me in what show did he rap Dedicated into PoA?

What do u guys mean In Between wasn't good live? I saw it live at MSG and it was great!! It sounded almost exactly like the studio! The only difference was that Mike was alot more nervous singing solo. But otherwise it was pretty much the same, Mike doesn't use vocal pitch correctors or "popper stoppers" like Chester, at least not nearly as much.

• 2 weeks later...

NRL the 2010 exclusive haha, hopefully for a few promo shows before touring for the new record begins. Chester is just fucked. He does sing to much. Too often. More days in between shows would help! Start of 07 awsome, end of 08 shit. Back on - In Between is the worst Linkin Park song. I didnt like how it was played live. In Pieces would have been so much better, sucks how they dropped that!

NRL the 2010 exclusive haha, hopefully for a few promo shows before touring for the new record begins. Chester is just fucked. He does sing to much. Too often. More days in between shows would help! Start of 07 awsome, end of 08 shit. Back on - In Between is the worst Linkin Park song. I didnt like how it was played live. In Pieces would have been so much better, sucks how they dropped that!

It's funny you say that because In Pieces is Chester's worst live song. I think the fact that they put a live version on a single (same thing could be said about In Between and Valentine's Day) was kind of a way of them saying "goodbye to these songs [for now]".