GLXS Book Available

Poci

Mike's GLXS Art Book is now available for purchase here. The book is $35.00 USD and ships September 14th.

"Glorious Excess is a 128-page full-color book that documents the bodies of work Shinoda created for (Born) and (Dies), two conjunct shows held at the Japanese American National Museum."

"The book also includes five insightful chapters written by Shinoda. In these chapters, he explains how the idea for Glorious Excess was born, critiques celebrity culture, discusses his hip-hop influences, questions media’s intentions, and examines what his work means after the King of Pop’s death."

"Proceeds go to Music For Relief and the Michael K. Shinoda Endowed Scholarship at Art Center College Of Design, benefiting students based on financial need and artistic merit."

Does anyone know if he's planning on selling the skateboards online too?

I would like to answering to the question about the skate decks:

Mike said it here:

"All merchandise (that doesn't sell out on opening night) will be available here on mikeshinoda.com starting Monday, in the web store."

So i guess yes, if he doesnt sold out all skate decks then it will be available on the merchandise of mikeshinoda.com...

Edited by Poci

I think that too...i dont know how much time to sold it out. I hope it will be available in december, because now i save my money for computer upgrade. But in december I can buy it with the LPU 9.0 by the money of my scholarship ^^

Edited by Poci

Why do you feel that BandMerch is a bad company? When I ordered my "Icon" print it came wrinkled and they promptly sent me a new one free of charge. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. You know it was founded by Brad Delson and his father.

Mike said on his blog that any merch that didn't sellout on opening day would be up on the website today. I really want the print of "Neuphoria".

This is not what i think. I just started a new topic whit the information in "got news". Hahninator re-wrote the text.

I think LPLive should posting the news with the own name of the editors, but at the and left a "thanks to xy" message, because now everybody think that i have problem with Bandmerch, but its not true...its Hahninators opinion with my name LOL :D

Edited by Poci

17-19€ :P

was that much when i bought the HTEPon bandmerch

I remember last fall when everyone was like in shock at how hard it was to get the HTEP and LPU CD's. I'm lucky that I had a copy of HTEP since 2006 since I didn't have to wait like a year to get it after I ordered it. It's my baby, it was signed by LP the first time I met them. I should start sleeping with it at night to make sure nothing happens to it.

So the skateboards sold out then cause they wern't uploaded today?

That seems unlikely. The boards were $75 each and thats top of the range prices for a deck. They might just be slow uploading stuff. I can't see a total of 400 boards being sold over the short time the merch was on sale for. Let's just hope they have enough to be able to buy all 4 boards :D

*Side note* Did anyone here actually go to the show?!

I'd really love to read that book. The whole concept is very interesting and I'd love to get to know more about it. Unfortunately, it will cost me a shitload of money to get it. Not sure if I will buy it anytime soon but at some point I need to get my hands on it! He should officially release it here in Europe as well *laughs*

I have had nothing but good experiences with them. You know it was founded by Brad Delson and his father.

I've not had a bad experience with band merch, though just because it was started by Brad and his father does not automatically mean it will be the best company in the world...

I've not had a bad experience with band merch, though just because it was started by Brad and his father does not automatically mean it will be the best company in the world...

Lol, to some people all that matters is it was started by Brad's father.

Bandmerch is a very poor online retailer. Twice I've had them double my order and within an hour of catching their error, they would not stop shipment even though it was clearly not shipped within an hour of being ordered.( They are also very slow in shipping items) Instead I was left with (2) 20 dollar shipping costs that were un-refundable.

I've also had my art print sent that was creased down the left side. That's inexcusable for paying 30 dollars just for shipping.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

• 4 weeks later...

i posted this on the lpu a few minutes ago:

i got the book in the mail today. its really good and well written. the picture that mike took sorta had me believe that the book was hardcover but its not. its okay though no big deal. the writers in the book are typical writers so i had to keep re-reading each sentence to understand them (lol). mike's was easy to understand and to enjoy so i liked his stuff the best. overall good book! i like it more than MTM and FTI.

And for those of you who think this is a book for "Dies" like the one for "Born", its not. It's like a documentary on the whole concept of GLXS (Both Born and Dies). It's really good in my opinion. i do recommend it if you can afford it (i know shipping to other countries is ridiculous). It also has a page dedicated to each picture.

I bought one a while ago....still haven't received it yet.

EDIT: I just got mine in the mail today...it's pretty big compared to the last artbook and it's an awesome read. It's worth the money.

Edited by Geki