Best Of...MTM Cycle

hahninator

What are the top tracks of the ENTIRE Minutes To Midnight touring cycle? Out of all the live shows, what do you guys like the most? I'd like to put a compilation together and upload it. I'll throw some out that I can think of now:

-No More Sorrow (first performance live), Berlin 07 AUD

-Hands Held High (first performance live), Mountain View 07 SBD

-TLTGYA, Pinkpop 07 AUD (Chaz talks about New Orleans)

-TLTGYA, Atlanta 07 SBD (Mike talks about New Orleans and asks who's from the city...song is played perfectly)

-WID, Atlanta 07 SBD (Said by many to be the best performance of the song without an intro; Chester is on 100%)

-Breaking The Habit, Camden 07 SBD (Just because it's the first time EVER with no intro live)

-Bleed It Out, Seattle 07 SBD (First time live with it extended so much...absolutely epic show)

-In Pieces, San Bernardino 07 SBD ("That was for every...fucking...ex-asshole...lover...in the world." Sam shoutout ftw!)

-Hunger Strike, Woodlands 08 SDB

A Place For My Head Hannover?

My December KROQ 07?

Hands Held High KROQ 07?

Faint Berlin, Faint Rock am Ring?

ONE STEP FUCKING CLOSER, ROCK AM RING!? (best performance of it since Mountain View 2004!?)

APFMH / OSC Edgefest 08? Lights go out right at "GO AWAY" on APFMH, perfect timing; come back on right at "SHUT UP" in OSC...awesome

BTH / PMA / HHH / WID Edgefest 08? First time ever BTH piano?

Crawling w/HHH+Cornell on PR08?

Anything with the POA outros or intros? A Bourdon drum solo? What are the best ones?

Lets hear what you think.

What do you all think? Throw out some exceptional performances.

Just from the top of my head, here are some of my favorites that I can think of:

Valentine's Day - Manchester, NH 2008 (I was there + first time ever with new intro)

Given Up - Selma, TX 2007 or Columbus, OH 2008 (Both featured the full 18 second scream)

Edited by Geki

Hmmm tough choice.

Hands Held High (KRQQ's Almost Acoustic X'Mas 2007)

In Between (Live at Madison Sq. Garden)

Numb / Encore (Live at Madison Sq. Garden)

Jigga What / Faint (Live at Madison Sq. Garden)

Bleed It Out (Live at Madison Sq. Garden)

Points of Authority / High Voltage (Toronto PR07)

We Made It (Live in Holmdel, PNC Bank Arts Center, NJ PR08)

Pushing Me Away (Rock In Rio 2008)

Pushing Me Away (Piano Version) (Sheffield Arena 08)

Qwerty (Mountain View PR07)

No More Sorrow (Mountain View PR07)

From the Inside (Live in Lisbon 07)

TLTGYA (Toronto PR07)

People on the LPU are saying HHH acapella from Milton Keynes. I don't really see how it's the best. HHH over WID intro at Edgefest was much better IMO. I just hate the Milton Keynes show with a passion for some reason.

because they didnt played RME :D

Edited by Geki

People on the LPU are saying HHH acapella from Milton Keynes. I don't really see how it's the best. HHH over WID intro at Edgefest was much better IMO. I just hate the Milton Keynes show with a passion for some reason.

That and because they didn't even play that well IMO. Fuck Milton Keynes. Everyone that went to that show acts like it's the best thing to grace the Earth when in reality it's just like every other LP show. It wasn't cool when Jay-Z came out because it wasn't a surprise like MSG was. Where's the fun in that?

You are being jealous lol

That and because they didn't even play that well IMO. Fuck Milton Keynes. Everyone that went to that show acts like it's the best thing to grace the Earth when in reality it's just like every other LP show. It wasn't cool when Jay-Z came out because it wasn't a surprise like MSG was. Where's the fun in that?

You are being jealous lol

Edited by Geki

i agree with Geki.... Edgefest was good because of how unique the setlist was.

HHH/WID FTW!

and plus wow who didnt predict Jay z wasnt going to come out...

too me this show was just like MSG but a weaker setlist.

MSG was a decent setlist.

MK < MSG

i agree with Geki.... Edgefest was good because of how unique the setlist was.

HHH/WID FTW!

and plus wow who didnt predict Jay z wasnt going to come out...

too me this show was just like MSG but a weaker setlist.

MSG was a decent setlist.

MK < MSG

Edited by Geki

basically MK was just one huge stage in a very huge field with LP JZ and others.

with a very boring setlist.

all that hype for nuttin... but then again we cant say anything if we werent there but mehhh

right. worst LP show since Live 8. they hardly ever have bad shows, but the setlist was absolutely terrible. you dropped Reading My Eyes! Pushing piano instead of RME! swapping FTI and LFY, what on earth, and HHH acapella. Wow. Then you do CC songs live for the first and probably/possibly the only time out of the USA, and you do the exact same 2 you did at MSG.

lol ORIGINAL.

Imagine how nice this set would've been:

01. No More Sorrow

02. Somewhere I Belong

03. From The Inside

04. Papercut

05. Wake 2.0

06. Given Up

07. Reading My Eyes

08. In Pieces

09. Shadow Of The Day

10. Valentine's Day

11. Pushing Me Away

12. Breaking The Habit

13. Crawling

14. A Place For My Head

------------------------------

15. Cure For The Itch

16. What I've Done (w/long intro)

17. Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You

18. Big Pimpin'/Papercut

19. Jigga What/Faint

20. Numb/Encore

21. Izzo/In The End

22. Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer

...and then release it on a DVD :)

right. worst LP show since Live 8. they hardly ever have bad shows, but the setlist was absolutely terrible. you dropped Reading My Eyes! Pushing piano instead of RME! swapping FTI and LFY, what on earth, and HHH acapella. Wow. Then you do CC songs live for the first and probably/possibly the only time out of the USA, and you do the exact same 2 you did at MSG.

lol ORIGINAL.

Imagine how nice this set would've been:

01. No More Sorrow

02. Somewhere I Belong

03. From The Inside

04. Papercut

05. Wake 2.0

06. Given Up

07. Reading My Eyes

08. Points Of Authority

09. Hands Held High (FULL)

10. Shadow Of The Day

11. Pushing Me Away(STUDIO)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. Crawling

14. A Place For My Head

15. Cure For The Itch

16. What I've Done (w/long intro)

17. Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From YouNew LFY Intro ;)

18. Big Pimpin'/Papercut

19. Jigga What/Faint

20. Numb/Encore

21. Izzo/In The End

22. Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer

...and then release it on a DVD :)

fixed it ;)

I agree w/ the last part and the not playing RME thing, but it was a great show. There were def some memorable parts of the show. However, yea it was much cooler in new york when Jay-Z came out for a surprise, the crowd went mad.

1. OSC Intro was played perfectly

2. Leave Out All The Rest was played really well I think

3. The Bravery played the show (im jealous that i dont live in the UK)

4. Jay-Z got to do his own full set which included 99 Problems!.

5. First summer tour recording of TLTGYA which is one of my fav songs off the album!!!!!!!

I just wish that Bert cudve come out on Jigga What / Faint. That wud've been epic to listen to.

on another note...

MSG was good...

i wish during the MTM winter tour claudio came out for guitar with brad and added a nasty solo

yea coheed's vocals arent the best

but you cant deny they arent good instrumentally.

another good performance would have to be WMI from boston

busta was goin mad crazy with his vocals

compare bostons SBD to others you can tell he was full energy that night.

Hannover show was excellent too. especially the epic return of APFMH and OSC closing {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

but i think london 02 APFMH was good chaz and mike gettin the crowd pumped up

and POA at Montreal

all the crowd yelling/pumped up and first time doin TTG over POA outro

I agree w/ the last part and the not playing RME thing, but it was a great show. There were def some memorable parts of the show. However, yea it was much cooler in new york when Jay-Z came out for a surprise, the crowd went mad.

1. OSC Intro was played perfectly

2. Leave Out All The Rest was played really well I think

3. The Bravery played the show (im jealous that i dont live in the UK)

4. Jay-Z got to do his own full set which included 99 Problems!.

5. First summer tour recording of TLTGYA which is one of my fav songs off the album!!!!!!!

1. OSC intro was played perfectly at Skive, Brno, Athens and almost perfectly in Vilnius too. So there is anything special for MK.

2. I don't think that LOATR was played very well, I think that best shows of LOATR was Auburn 2007 and Clarkston 2007.

5. Not first. TLTGYA played at Brno and Brno recording was first. If you talking about SBDs only - yes, then MK is first show of summer with TLTGYA.

I think that Milton Keynes was worst show of 2008. There was really big crowd, but Linkin Park didn't done ANYTHING special. Changing FTI with LFY - awfull and HHH acapella is shitty, much better could be singed over WID intro. Songs Jay-Z was the same as MSG... And the SBD mixing was shitty. Crowd was really big, but in the SBD it sounds like only ~5.000 people are here. What the hell?

Milton Keynes Show info (by me) could be:

01. One Step Closer (w / extended intro and outro)

02. Lying From You (w / extended intro and no samples during second verse, like Madrid)

03. Somewhere I Belong (album version, interlude + a lot of thankies after)

04. No More Sorrow (w / long intro. End of song blends into...)

05. From The Inside (short interlude after)

06. Reading My Eyes (long talking before)

07. Wake 2.0

08. Given Up (w / extended outro which blends into...)

09. Points Of Authority (Second 2 None over intro, riff outro with TTG)

10. No Roads Left (world premiere live, interlude after)

11. Leave Out All The Rest

12. Shadow Of The Day

13. Valentine's Day (w / Brad intro, Mike announcing that this show of summer time when VD playing live)

14. Crawling (w / Reanimation intro)

15. In The End

16. Bleed It Out (w / drums intro, long bridge, singalong, speedup outro)

--------------------------

17. Pushing Me Away (starting PMA piano, but after piano intro piano blends into studio, making fun for crowd)

18. What I've Done (w / long piano intro with HHH acapella)

19. Breaking The Habit (with all extenders [special for that show])

--------------------------

20. Big Pimpin' / Papercut (featuring Jay-Z)

21. Numb / Encore (featuring Jay-Z, full version)

22. Jigga What / Faint (featuring Jay-Z, with outro, which played very like RAR'07)

Show Notes:

- 'Second To None' was over 'Points Of Authority'. 'There They Go' was over the outro.

- Jay-Z joined the band for 'Big Pimpin'/Papercut', 'Numb/Encore' and 'Jigga What/Faint'.

- 'Reading My Eyes' was played for this show. Songs after 'No More Sorrow' was switched slightly.

- 'Numb/Encore' was played in full. It wasn't same as Madison Square Garden in New York. Cool!

- Mike did the first verse of 'Hands Held High' over 'What I've Done' piano intro.

- 'No Roads Left' first time ever played at the show. Mike sang entire song with Chester. Phoenix joined singing on choruses.

- 'Valentine's Day' played instead 'The Little Things Give You Away' for time reasons. Mike announced that this is last show of Summer when LP playing it. Chester sang entire song without mess ups.

- After first encore Mike came on stage and started playing piano of 'Pushing Me Away', after piano intro Joe started studio sample and crowd went very loud.

- 'Breaking The Habit' first and only time on tour had all extenders (including piano intro and extended outro)

- After second encore Mike again came on stage with Numb blending intro on piano, but when he finnished, Jay-Z came on stage and both LP and JZ played three songs.

- First time ever 'Jigga What / Faint' closed the show. Chester was very "harcrore" during 'Faint' outro. 'Faint' outro sounded as 'Rock Am Ring 2007'.

- During 'Jigga What / Faint' outro members of all bands came on stage...

- Chester went into crowd during 'Points Of Authority', 'In The End' and 'What I've Done'.

- Mike went into crowd for entire song during 'In The End'.

- Entire band, escpecially Chester played show very well (maybe best show of 2008?).

AMEN.

Milton Keynes is the worst show LP has done in many many years. That was terrible. No surprise, setlist sucked, crowd sucked, LP was bad.

Edgefest is GODLY. How can HHH MK even compare to HHH Edgefest? Edgefest was damn epic.