Dead by Sunrise confirmed for UK Sonisphere

BeardyWilderness

Alien Ant Farm and Saxon Confirmed, Dead By Sunrise to Perform with Linkin Park

Monday, July 13, 2009

One could be forgiven for thinking that with two weeks to go the line up for the debut Sonisphere festival at Knebworth was complete. However, we have still managed to confirm some great additions…

First up, it is a pleasure to confirm the first ever UK appearance of Chester Bennington’s side project Dead By Sunrise. Made up of members of Industrial Rockers Julien-K and led by the Linkin Park frontman, the band are set to release their debut album later this year. Fans at Knebworth will have the opportunity to hear songs for the first time in the UK as the band perform on the Apollo stage on Saturday night as part of Linkin Park’s encore.

Alternative rockers Alien Ant Farm will be flying in from Riverside, California to entertain the Sonisphere crowds with their fun filled anthems. The band came crashing into the UK in 2001 when their cover of Michael Jackson’s “Smooth Criminal” hit no 3 in the UK charts, following up with their next hit, “Movies”. The inevitable performance of “Smooth Criminal” will give attendees at Sonisphere a chance to pay homage to the King Of Pop while they rock out on the Apollo stage on the Saturday.

And last, but by no means least, home-grown Heavy Metal legends Saxon will be bringing the denim and leather out in full force. A veritable metal institution, Saxon have been causing heads to bang and horns to be raised for over 30 years, and show no sign of slowing down. Hits like “Never Surrender”, “Wheels Of Steel” and “Heavy Metal Thunder” were MADE for a venue like Knebworth.

Source

So, apparently DBS are going to be part of Linkin Park's encore! This is so amazing! What are your thoughts? Anyone besides myself attending?

"as part of Linkin Park’s encore" sounds a lot better than in the middle of the set. Can't wait for it.

DBS playing in LP's set is not perfect, but I don't want to complain like some others do. I'm happy to get the chance to see them in Europe.

Well, that's one hell of a promotion gig for a "newcomer" without an album out ... :P

I think it's great that the rest of the band is pulling DBS along. That's not something that can be taken for granted, and in my book speaks for the relationship between the bandmates.

LOL of course it will be an epic encore. I highly doubt they close the show with DBS. They always leave with a big bang. So DBS would be the first encore and whichever LP songs close the set will be in the 2nd encore.

and that machine head got pulled out is a disgrace imo :(

I'm not a fan, but them pulling out because Limp Bizkit are sharing the stage with them is utterly disgusting. What a kick in the face to ALL Machine Head fans alike, especially the hardcore ones. I bought a ticket JUST for Linkin Park, I'm sure there are people who did exactly the same for Machine Head. Will Machine Head refund? Hell the fuck no.

im going to this i think lp will have a full set cose headliners at sonis uk have 2 hours and a lp show is normaly 1 hour 40 mins so i think we will get full lp and about 4 dbs songs

im going to this i think lp will have a full set cose headliners at sonis uk have 2 hours and a lp show is normaly 1 hour 40 mins so i think we will get full lp and about 4 dbs songs

I thought LP shows were on average 1h20m. I could be wrong. But yeah, even if they extended to 2 hours including DBS, I don't think that would be too friendly on Chester.

You lucky person.

Encore? that means like.. no more than 3 songs to me

I wonder if Chester can handle this, I guess that he's going to play like 25 songs? 24?

That's not too many more than usual. I still think the set will be about 21 songs, I think DBS will replace some LP songs.

Which means they'll have to switch up the LP sets a bit to make sure that all the mainstay songs that are usually played in the first encore, are played before DBS goes on.

LP is also playing a Sonisphere festival show on July 25th in Finland. Is that the same line-up? Does all of this apply to that show as well?

finland has a difrent line up cose its only one day some bands the same but most arnt

plus lp will have to have a great stage show and set list if they wanna beat muse as a live band they play like 2 hours and the stage show is awsome

I thought LP shows were on average 1h20m. I could be wrong. But yeah, even if they extended to 2 hours including DBS, I don't think that would be too friendly on Chester.

Yup, since like 2004 the average is an about 80 minutes set, but a few times they did also slightly over 100 minutes, mostly due to songs like Little Things and BIO extended.

The tour schedule is not very tight, they only play 2 nights in a row four times, enough time for the band to rest after a maybe longer performance. After most of the shows they have a day off after.

If you look at 2008, they had 2 or 3 nights in a row very often. Or for example Milton Keynes was the third night in a row.

So they could easily do a lot more than 80 minutes, with a bit more talking here and there and 1 or 2 songs more.

We will know in a few days how it's gonna be.

I think the setlist(s) will be good. Every time they came to Europe in the last two years, they destroyed the previous performances. That's why I see something new this summer.