Taipei Times Interview w/ Chester

hahninator

Rick Rubin albums don't really have a particular "sound"... the gist of what he does is that he tries to provide musicians with an environment where they can be as creative as they're willing to be. I doubt he ever sat down with the LP members and said "Right, on this album you should play this style of music, as opposed to what you were playing before". In fact, he's somewhat infamous for how hands-off he actually is at times. Put bluntly, if you don't like their output under him you can blame the band as much as Rick.

Edited by Dean

The thing I find interesting is bringing in Rubin so late in the game. I mean Shinoda has confirmed they have about half of the music done. It's odd to bring a producer in of Rubin's stature if you've already been working in the studio for 8-9 months so far. I was fully convinced it was Mike doing the record this time around.

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to have Mike alone to produce an LP album hopefully in the future.

Edited by Jack

I'm not sure if you all have seen this interview here that Chester did with the Taipei Times the other day, but there are some pretty cool things in it.

Hoobastank and The All-American Rejects will be opening for LP in Taipei; the old demo that Chester recorded vocals for to show the rest of LP was 'Forgotten'; Chester talks about Dead By Sunrise and more. Have a look.

Oh yeah, it's confirmed Rick Rubin is producing the next album for sure now. Thoughts?

the staff was a little bit slow, i asked them to post this in the front page..

these are BIG news guys! we know who the hell is the new producer.. the band trust in him, so do i!

I just hope Rick doesnt pull another Death Magnetic with the LP record

WTF? Death Magnetic was awesome.

The thing I find interesting is bringing in Rubin so late in the game.[...]

I think Rick has produced the record in the last few months, LP just didn't tell anyone.

the staff was a little bit slow, i asked them to post this in the front page..

these are BIG news guys! we know who the hell is the new producer.. the band trust in him, so do i!

We don't have to put every single interview on the front page. Nor do we have to do what every user tells us what to do. We aren't lptimes or LPA. Take that into account next time. Next time please dont do what you did before and flood other topics telling staff what to put on the front page. Thank you.

WTF? Death Magnetic was awesome.

Yes it was, but god Rick rubin fucked that sound up

Here look at *this* and you will see what i mean.

I don't get why people don't like MTM. It was one of the best written and composed albums I've ever heard; it's infact my favorite album.

that's right and is LP one of the best bands in all the world but always there is people who is very demanding and critic believes himself

I don't get why people don't like MTM. It was one of the best written and composed albums I've ever heard; it's infact my favorite album.

You need to broaden your musical horizons then. MTM was all over the place, some of it good, some of it bad and some of it great. It definitely wasn't lp's best album. IMO it's their worst.

You need to broaden your musical horizons then. MTM was all over the place, some of it good, some of it bad and some of it great. It definitely wasn't lp's best album. IMO it's their worst.

I agree with that i dont like MTM too I really like old LP Hybrid Theory and Meteora

We don't have to put every single interview on the front page. Nor do we have to do what every user tells us what to do. We aren't lptimes or LPA. Take that into account next time. Next time please dont do what you did before and flood other topics telling staff what to put on the front page. Thank you.

Yeah man you dont have to put everything

but this interview is very important, this is not a simple interview

this confirms the producer of the new album

atleast this are big news to me, and deserve a to be in the frontpage

thanks mark and hi to the mods.

To end this fight, I moved the thread into Newswire earlier here: http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1861

but it ended up a few pages back because it was already a few days old.

Yeah i saw that, thanks

And this is not a fight, we can discuss to make this a better site

@LPxDC you dont have to put up everything that we say, but what are you trying to say? that we dont have a voice to give our opinion to the site staff?

''Nor do we have to do what every user tells us what to do''

all of us made this site, thanks mark for this great community.