Interview with Chester

sian18

CB: It’s going to be called Space Rocks. No, I’m just kidding [laughs]. It’s going to be called Old Metal [pauses] … No, actually, it is definitely going to be more difficult to place us in terms of genre. I think that in the beginning we were considered a metal band. Then we kind of became an alternative band. And now we’re kind of both and a hip-hop group. It’s becoming increasingly more difficult also to be in this band and write songs simply because we’ve written so much stuff, so much material that no one’s ever heard, that only us and our producers have heard.

Now Rick Rubin’s working on this record with us as well. If he thinks he hears anything he heard during the process of making Minutes to Midnight or ever before he’s like, “That’s done. That song is gone.” So we all kind of look at things like that now because we don’t want Rick to go, “That sounds like so-and-so from 10 years ago.

Source: Taipei Times

Thoughts?

Edited by AndOne
edited for newswire

I wonder what made LP change its mind on using Rick Rubin. He does seem like the perfect fit for them though. He's great at what he does and strives to stay new and original, just like the band.