NME Interview

LESTAT

I'm not just speaking of LP ^^ It's like every band says that of their new albums: "Oh, it'll be something really different but amazing and you'll still know that it's typical XXXX".

Imo MTM didn't sound anything like typical Linkin Park. Now e heard it we say yeah that's LP-style but if you just look at the three albums it isn't.

That's why I never trust those statements regarding anything about the music before I heard the new music. Of course Mike says it will be different or do you think he'd ever say: "oh hm yeah, we're probably gonna write a MTM 2."

They didn't say that about Meteora as well so I think it's really hard to get anything reliable out of the statements....

saying they are trying to basically sound like a new genre of music, and make something that isn't out there currently is something LP has never said before. So, i'm curious as to what their sound will be

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Linkin Park is very good in live perfomances but i think that Muse is number one in the world!!!!

But let's see what LP is going to do this year live!!!

Yeah I agree that Muse is the best live band in the world right now. (Don't get me wrong, LP is my favorite band of all time, I just think in the "live" sense, Muse!) I saw them perform when I was front row of the pit during the KROQ almost acoustic christmas in 2007. witnessing them produce that much sound and energy for them being a 3 man band is amazing. Then I bought and saw HAARP and that confirmed my point.

Don't blame Rick Rubin, he isn't so bad... Ok, MTM was fail with him, but look, he produced LOTS of great albums... For example best (first two) SOAD's albums, best Slayer albums and Death Magnetic by Metallica, which is really great album...

Edited by And One LTU

Guys, there is an interview online about DBS with rock sound, and in that article it states Rick Rubin is the producer. Could two articles have it wrong ? I doubt it

You'd be surprised at how horrible internet journalism can be.

I read the article you are referring to, and JUST LIKE this article, there is no direct quote from Chester, or anyone, saying Rick Rubin is the producer.

It would not surprise me in the least if they read the NME article and just copied what they saw.