'Over Each Other' Out October 24

martinez

The music video is fucking awesome. Joe is really good and is a massive talent for the band to have. Just a good reminder of it.

The guitars seem quite a bit louder on the music video version, in a good way. Love the video.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The music video is fucking awesome. Joe is really good and is a massive talent for the band to have. Just a good reminder of it.

The guitars seem quite a bit louder on the music video version, in a good way. Love the video.

Indeed! the Apple Music versión I have heard has the guitars way louder than the leak! So I’m digging a lot into it, for it becomes such a wall of sound at the end! I love it. 

after two energetic songs of course the next one is a mellow song

I like this song but TEM is still better that both of these songs.

The MV is way better than any LP's music videos since 2011

and Mike saying "get your screaming pants on" at the end of this song just makes me more excited for "Casualty"

Edited by lpplus

6 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The leak does the mix and song no justice. A good reminder to not judge things on a leak. Shocked how different it sounds sonically with the official release.

Exactly this!! The official one is So Massive!

1 hour ago, Hybrider said:

Exactly. We want pure nu-metal and alternative metal Linkin Park. 🤘🏻

Then go listen to the albums by them that fit that description. Everyone in the band aside from Emily and Colin is pushing 50. If they aren’t inspired to make nu-metal and they try forcing it, it would be apparent in the finished product.

1 hour ago, crazygolfer said:

WTF was Mike thinking?

Right, because as we all know the band doesn’t make a move without Mike’s approval. The democratic process in the studio that the band has always talked about is just a lie to cover for the fact that Mike, and Mike alone, makes all creative decisions for the band and is not to be questioned by anyone.

back with my opinion on this one. it'd be a lot to wrap my head around what everyone else's point of views are about OEO, and i'm just going to be straightforward with my thoughts.

i can't turn it down, really. while i adore a linkin park song with strong verses from mike, i'm not afraid to say i'm still pleased with this one being led by emily. i think she carries it well, i mean she goes great with the overall sound of the band.

like others, i agree that it doesn't mark the spot quite like it has for me with TEM and HITC. either way, i like that it's a step down from the overall vibe of the first two singles, which are loud and heavy songs. personally i love the lyrics on this one as well.

it's definitely giving off a mix of multiple albums... but being that i am a huge fan of living things, i do love the "electronic" blend with the guitars. one of my favourite things about most linkin park songs are the layered sounds that they have - with this one, i don't think it has so much of that. however, i'm not opposed to that, i think that it just makes the song feel a little more simplistic in that way.

from first listen, i give it a 7/10. one other thing that stood out to me was the fast pace feeling of the song, OEO does move quick. i'd say it's short but sweet - before you know it, the song is over.

i would add that the fact that this one is a single does seem a bit odd to me, mainly because it's not as hooking as the first two. not that it needs to be, though, i really do like this song how it is. (mainly because i'm usually very chill with lp's experimental songs, sometimes i can't get myself to think about them with more of an intent look or attention to detail 😭) it doesn't seem like the most fitting song for a single, but i have yet to completely judge this until the album actually releases.

Added credits for the song to the first post. Also small correction on the lyrics.

27 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The leak does the mix and song no justice. A good reminder to not judge things on a leak. Shocked how different it sounds sonically with the official release.

Now I think we listened to the leak from two different sources. Compared the leak with 24 bit lossless, I don't hear the differences in the mix.

49 minutes ago, Soeffingnaive92 said:

but it's similar to stuff like Still alive by Demi Lovato 

Actually hoping this comparison is accurate. 

Seriously. Not always been a fan of Mike solo and produced stuff, but I loved this track a whole lot.

Edited by Qwerty18

1 hour ago, martinez said:

Added credits for the song to the first post. Also small correction on the lyrics.

Now I think we listened to the leak from two different sources. Compared the leak with 24 bit lossless, I don't hear the differences in the mix.

There is none and there is no difference w the MV audio either. Feels like ppl are imagining differences when it's really them just focusing on or hearing new things on subsequent listens. That, or there was a very poor source out there besides the one which was 100% high quality and reflective of what we got 

I liked the video. It was good gut twist at the end. Mr. Hahn did a great job, and so did Emily. 

The song's been growing on me since I heard it. It's catchy, just too short. It works nicely as a breather to recover from the heavy onslaught of TEM and HITC (and set up Casualty.) Still the weakest song we've gotten so far, but still pretty good.

TEM: 5/5

HITC: 7/5

OEO: 3.5/5

1 hour ago, juancpin said:

Looking for the reactions: here’s an interview with Mike. 

5:30 and on. 

Somethings for Linkinpedia:

-The song was written very early in the process, and at first it was a Mike only song singing wise.

-They went with different singers, but it stuck when Emily tried it and it just felt good.

-It's one of Mike's favorites from the whole album.

Edited by GreyFox-AFCA

4 hours ago, Hybrider said:

This song sounds like Miley Cyrus's pop shits. Heavy Is The Crown and The Emptiness Machine are good, but not excellent. But this one is probably the worst song on album.

I’d argue tem is excellent and super catchy. Hitc is driving and classic lp sound and a nod to the old style of lp. Just a solid song 

6 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

How is anybody saying this sounds like One More Light? It's more similar to something like Leave Out All the Rest or Final Masquerade than anything from OML. This is a classic Linkin Park ballad through and through.

It sounds like a *heavier* version of a OML track.

Super simple instrumental, effortless vocals, personal theme lyrics

It's like a mix of What Are You Worth, Heavy, Friendly Fire.

LOATR its a masterpiece.