'Over Each Other' Out October 24

martinez

The new song Over Each Other will be released this Thursday a long with the music video directed by Joe. The scavenger hunt for the song just ended! The fans could discover the lyrics for the song and on the last clue a snippet of the music video.

The song was co-written by Jon Green and mixed by Neal Avron, who also mixed ATS and MTM. If you already heard the new song, let us know what you think about it. Remember to not post or ask for links to the song.

Buy or stream the song here: https://lprk.co/oeo

Credits:

Spoiler

Writen by Linkin Park, Jon Green, Matias Mora
Produced by Mike Shinoda
Co-Produced by Brad Delson, Colin Brittain
Additional Production by Matias Mora
Vocals by Mike Shinoda, Emily Armstrong
Recording Engineering by Mike Shinoda, Ethan Mates
Assistant Mixing by Scott Skrzynski
Guitar by Brad Delson
Programming by Joe Hahn
Drums by Colin Brittain
Bass by Phoenix
Mixed by Neal Avron
Mastered by Emerson Mancini

Lyrics:

Spoiler

This is the letter that I, I didn't write
Looking for color in the Black and white

Skyscrapers we created
On shaky ground
And I'm trying to find my patience

But you won't let me breathe
And I'm not ever right
All we are is talking
Over each other
There's nothing underneath
It's all a waste of time
All we are is talking
Over each other (Over each other)
Over each other

Reaching for satellites But all along
Under your breath you're saying
That I was wrong
Oh

The skyscrapers we created
Are coming down
And free falling to the pavement

'Cause you won't let me breathe
And I'm not ever right
All we are is talking
There's nothing underneath
It's all a waste of time
All we are is talking
Over each other

Oh
Are we over each other?
Oh
Are we over each other?
Oh

I can't go to sleep
I lie awake at night
I'm so tired of talking
So say what's underneath
I want to see your side
We don't have to be talking
Over each other
Over each other
Over each other
Over each other

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, this is going to be one of their new hits. I loved it on first Listen. Like i mentioned in live chat, Emily's melodies feel super Linkin Park, and we all have the ear for that when we hear it, and it's what makes us love an LP record. I think the mixing is great, very big sounding. The song reminds me of ''What are you worth'' in places, as others have also mentioned. It has a good blend of all there era's while delivering a new era to our ears (Emily's vocals). Overall, i can't decide what song i like the most out of the 3 so far. That's how i know this record is shaping up to be one of my favorites. 

The song gives me vibes of MTM and some Post Traumatic, and some kind of feeling of something like One Ok Rock. 

The Jon Green collab is really there in the voice melody. 

I like it, a beautiful begining and a high energy ending for a "ballad". 

Added link to music video.

Just for your information - since YouTube now allows to add a custom preview of the countdown with this new feature we can expect an extended intro for the song/video that will be happening on the last 3 minutes before the video premiere. Something like that happened before (Heavy Is The Crown).

This is the weakest song from album so far. I don't like that the guitars are dull and I hear more electronics than guitars. Whole album would sound better if guitars are louder. The only good parts are the bridges. Whole songs should have guitars like on bridges.

I'll wait this one out for the sake of the album experience, but I still really enjoy reading the reactions.

Song has been compared to so many different songs already in the chatbox, it's interesting to see how different people hear different things.

But what I can make up is that it'll be a more mellow tune, with a MTM twist to it instrumentally, and a very catchy chorus. That's cool. Kind of though they'd go for a more accessible tune on this one, before going berzerk on Casualty.

I listened it second time with headphones and I don't like the song. It sounds like Post Traumatic. Weak electronic. Someone on YouTube made AI Linkin Park demos and those ones sound much better than this one. Behind The Desire is the best AI Linkin Park demo he did. It sounds much better than anything in this new album.

Edited by Hybrider

56 minutes ago, Subs said:

Only listened to it twice, but i find it extremely, weak/generic.

Though I know you feel strongly about LP moving on without Chaz, it’s cool to see you around here. I feel like you haven’t frequented here for a while. Anyways! Everyone opinion is welcome 🙏🏻 

39 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

This is the weakest song from album so far. I don't like that the guitars are dull and I hear more electronics than guitars. Whole album would sound better if guitars are louder. The only good parts are the bridges. Whole songs should have guitars like on bridges.

Whole album when you listened to 3 songs, all played with distorted humbucker PRS lmao and the usual LP octaves. Next thing I know you will say OML and its poppy strats was louder.

Song is certainly different than the classic LP, which is a breath of fresh air as it combines LP elements with what Emily and Colin bring to the band. 

Its the one I like the least of the 3, but still a catchy fun one. We might be in for one of LPs best albums if it continues this way

52 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

Behind The Desire is the best AI Linkin Park demo he did. It sounds much better than anything in this new album.

By saying this out loud, you just pretty much ask everyone to not treat anything you say seriously.

Edited by Rockter

I don’t understand this choice. I mean I like it personally but given how divisive the fanbase is now, wouldn’t it be wiser to wait for everyone to be more comfortable with the lineup before releasing songs like this as singles?

I can totally see more hate coming but I hope I’m wrong.

7 minutes ago, Rockter said:

By saying this out loud, you just pretty much ask everyone to not treat anything you say seriously.

Sometimes I try to read comments without checking who wrote them, and every time I see one dissing LP for not sounding like they did on HT/Meteora, I just know it's that guy with the obvious nickname and his retrograde opinions.

1 hour ago, Hybrider said:

The guitars are pretty loud lol. I instantly heard the octaves and then the inverted chords later on

I quite like the song.

Yes it doesn't hit like TEM or HITC, but it does have that classic LP sound.

In contrary to what someone else said earlier, i would definitley hear that this is LP if i would hear it blank on the radio.

For me it sounds like a hybrid between MTM and Living Things.

6 minutes ago, ChaseChief said:

I don’t understand this choice. I mean I like it personally but given how divisive the fanbase is now, wouldn’t it be wiser to wait for everyone to be more comfortable with the lineup before releasing songs like this as singles?

I can totally see more hate coming but I hope I’m wrong.

i think the band has learn a long time ago that you can't please everyone.