Linkin Park to play in Brazil?

felipeintheend

Most of you probably know about Linkin Park's epic performance from the last show of the Meteora World Tour on September 11th, 2004 which took place in the huge city of São Paulo, Brazil. 80,000 fans packed Morumbi Stadium in one of Linkin Park's biggest shows ever.

Well, some lucky Brazilian fans are about to have the same experience soon, after spending 5 years without going to South America, Linkin Park is coming back to Brazil this December, says the biggest Brazilian newspaper, 'A Folha de São Paulo'.

According to them, the producer 'Time For Fun' has booked dates in December at the Morumbi Stadudio (the same venue that the 2004 concert took place in) for other Linkin Park performances (Yes, plural... Well, at least the newspaper says so).

Source here.

Stay tuned for more information soon.

There have been promoters in South America saying they've booked Linkin Park shows almost every year since the show in '04. I wouldn't hold my breath.

+1. It's not going to happen. How many times have i seen Brazilians on the LPU posting ZOMG LP IS TO RETURN *insert date here*

It's not going to happen

Email from the Folha Online:

Hi Felipe,

Time For Fun has garanteed our column that the dates reserved are for Linkin Park in December in Morumbi. Of course there may be something they do not expect, there might be a date change or something, but at first place, the concert is confirmed

take care

like always....wouldn't count on that until LP itself confirms it!

+1

Agreed. The people of the venue can only confirm so much but its up to LP's management. I still refuse to believe it. Plus wtf? Why would they schedule more shows if they are supposedly writing a new record and chaz releasing his solo record? It doesn't make sense

There have been promoters in South America saying they've booked Linkin Park shows almost every year since the show in '04. I wouldn't hold my breath.

+1

i see at least 3 messages about "LP coming to BRAZIL" per year

it is what we have heard from the producer, nobody is confirming nothing!

Of course we must wait for some lp confirmation!

Email from the Folha Online:

Hi Felipe,

Time For Fun has garanteed our column that the dates reserved are for Linkin Park in December in Morumbi. Of course there may be something they do not expect, there might be a date change or something, but at first place, the concert is confirmed

take care

Yeah.... and another thing

Why is that email so poorly written? Lots of punctuation and spelling errors. Did you copy/paste that into an online translator? If that's the case I get it, if not I'm calling fake. Sorry that's just how i perceive things.

In the main post i'm confirming something?

it's a quote from the email that i've received, and it's portuguese! Do you prefer to read it in portuguese? ¬¬'

I just put what i've heard, and how its a Live Guide, where all we are allowed to post everything we heard about shows, etc...

Wait for the confirmation!

I don't believe it yet until LP.com confirms it. WAY too many fake Brazilian posts about LP coming. Like Astat said, every year there's bullshit posted about them going to Brazil. I'll wait and get official confirmation on this one.

In the main post i'm confirming something?

it's a quote from the email that i've received, and it's portuguese! Do you prefer to read it in portuguese? ¬¬'

I just put what i've heard, and how its a Live Guide, where all we are allow to post everything we heard about shows, etc...

Wait for the confirmation!

No, i bolded the word "confirmed" in the email. I'm just saying man, how many times has it been "reported" & "confirmed" that LP will go to Brazil? And like many others we would like an official confirmation from LP.com before everyone gets excited? Get me? :)

No, i bolded the word "confirmed" in the email. I'm just saying man, how many times has it been "reported" & "confirmed" that LP will go to Brazil? And like many others we would like an official confirmation from LP.com before everyone gets excited? Get me? :)

I understand, yes.

But it is just what the girl from the Folha told me. Of course we must get excited only after the lp's confirmation...

I hope for you guys...

but haha the name of that company is hilarious,sounds soo unprofessional

yeah, it sound that way, but they are a multinational company, they are present in a lot of south america countries

None of them had booked the stadium, but now yes.

The same producer, brought us Madonna and more... They are good!

yeah, they are good producers, but damn they put the tickets too damn expensive. anyway in the last rumor (wich was true but then the negotiations fell apart) they booked places in both argentina and chile, far as i'm concerned.

I don't believe it yet until LP.com confirms it. WAY too many fake Brazilian posts about LP coming. Like Astat said, every year there's bullshit posted about them going to Brazil. I'll wait and get official confirmation on this one.

maybe, but the one from last year, wasn't any near fake, just the negotiations didn't work fine just because lp's managers. i really hope they play some shows in south america even if they dont come to my country XD maybe i can go to any near country ^^

• 9 months later...