'Heavy Is The Crown' Music Video and Single out now!

LPLStaff

On 9/25/2024 at 11:03 AM, Xelawie said:

To come out with something experimental such as ATS (my favorite album) or OML (my least favorite album) would have been career suicide. 

Also, Nu Metal is pretty big again and why would they leave the market to other bands that have been influenced by them when they are the OGs? 

Aren't Korn the OG's of Nu Metal? Their first album was 1994. They also may have been the first metal band who didn't dress like typical metal bands.

Edited by LPLC24

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, LPLC24 said:

Aren't Korn the OG's of Nu Metal? Their first album was 1994. They also may have been the first metal band who didn't dress like typical metal bands.

I was thinking about a specific kind of Nu metal, but you are right, Korn were arguably the first in that Genre.

16 hours ago, RYG4R said:

No. we need experimental again. LP does best when they experiment. I want them to try 80s sci-fi cyberpunk theme.

I want them to make similar album to Meteora. That would be the best experiment. Not creating popy shits.

HITC is the best song of 2024 so far. Personally I haven’t heard a scream this good since Kingslayer by Bring Me the Horizon. Insane. I feel like I need to jump around every time I listen to this song. Didn’t even expect anything to top Teacher Has a Gun by Badflower but Linkin Park did it. We are so back!

On 9/25/2024 at 7:28 AM, Hybrider said:

No we don't want them anymore. Enough of the experimental shit. I am glad LP are using heavy guitars again. And would be even better if they used heavy guitars through whole songs, not only on bridge part.

I dont have a problem with them experimenting on one or two songs per album, i liked some songs from that times, but i understand that you prefer the nu metal times (and its ok just in case).

I prefer this two new singles kind of music, but i dont have a problem with some experimental.

18 hours ago, LinkinMark said:

I’ll come through with the hot take and say this song is bland as hell. Has next to no replay value for me like The Emptiness Machine does. The synth lead sounds like something you’d hear in a Meteora demo and not one that would make the final album. Nice hearing what Emily brings to the table though. 

You sure u heard the right song? calling it bland is literally not even subjective lol

5 hours ago, ScottiePippo said:

The first rap verse could be better but the second one is stuck in my head and it's perfect to launch the chorus 

Yes this, for me first one is not bad but could be better, the second one is brutal, how his last word is "this" and mixes with Emily's start of the chorus.