'Heavy Is The Crown' Music Video and Single out now!

LPLStaff

On 9/25/2024 at 11:03 AM, Xelawie said:

To come out with something experimental such as ATS (my favorite album) or OML (my least favorite album) would have been career suicide. 

Also, Nu Metal is pretty big again and why would they leave the market to other bands that have been influenced by them when they are the OGs? 

Aren't Korn the OG's of Nu Metal? Their first album was 1994. They also may have been the first metal band who didn't dress like typical metal bands.

Edited by LPLC24

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, LPLC24 said:

Aren't Korn the OG's of Nu Metal? Their first album was 1994. They also may have been the first metal band who didn't dress like typical metal bands.

I was thinking about a specific kind of Nu metal, but you are right, Korn were arguably the first in that Genre.

HITC is the best song of 2024 so far. Personally I haven’t heard a scream this good since Kingslayer by Bring Me the Horizon. Insane. I feel like I need to jump around every time I listen to this song. Didn’t even expect anything to top Teacher Has a Gun by Badflower but Linkin Park did it. We are so back!

On 9/25/2024 at 7:28 AM, Hybrider said:

No we don't want them anymore. Enough of the experimental shit. I am glad LP are using heavy guitars again. And would be even better if they used heavy guitars through whole songs, not only on bridge part.

I dont have a problem with them experimenting on one or two songs per album, i liked some songs from that times, but i understand that you prefer the nu metal times (and its ok just in case).

I prefer this two new singles kind of music, but i dont have a problem with some experimental.

18 hours ago, LinkinMark said:

I’ll come through with the hot take and say this song is bland as hell. Has next to no replay value for me like The Emptiness Machine does. The synth lead sounds like something you’d hear in a Meteora demo and not one that would make the final album. Nice hearing what Emily brings to the table though. 

You sure u heard the right song? calling it bland is literally not even subjective lol

5 hours ago, ScottiePippo said:

The first rap verse could be better but the second one is stuck in my head and it's perfect to launch the chorus 

Yes this, for me first one is not bad but could be better, the second one is brutal, how his last word is "this" and mixes with Emily's start of the chorus.

On 9/24/2024 at 2:21 PM, vinifeijo said:

Lots of dislikes on the video (more than i expected). 

What were LOL fans expecting? Why don't they like it

Because they are 12y old gamers 🤣

But the hate is more about the video not the song

As I read, they where expecting something more related to the asian pro gamers that won the league last year.

Edited by XESTAH

Yeah, i don't think this collab will get as big as the other ones did (like the Imagine Dragons one). LOLers will boycott.

It's a vanity dispute. This anthem is supposed to be 100% LOL-centric, the band playing it is secondary and should be no more than a slight feature.

But LP's comeback is just as big and important, and it wouldn't make sense to not promote the band itself with the song too. 

Weird choice of collab considering this.

On 9/25/2024 at 6:35 PM, LinkinMark said:

I’ll come through with the hot take and say this song is bland as hell. Has next to no replay value for me like The Emptiness Machine does. The synth lead sounds like something you’d hear in a Meteora demo and not one that would make the final album. Nice hearing what Emily brings to the table though. 

You know I don't blame you for this at all. The synth over guitars feels a little bit to me like something I'd hear from 2005ish that is derivative of LP and not LP themselves. Mike's rap is also not my favorite at all, very generic and feels like an AI could write it after being trained on all his verses.

That said, the quality of melody is still really strong and LP level, the power in Emily's voice is there and captures the same spirt that Chester had while being different, and the scream bridge is sick. The mixing and production has a clarity to it Mike consistently brings that other bands sometimes lack despite copying everything else. 

But yeah, the track is also insanely safe. The most interesting thing is the fact that the prechorus only appears once as a pre chorus and second time as an opener for the bridge, but its absence in the second verse/chorus almost feels obligatory and awkward. Otherwise, it's a structure we've heard dozens of times, and the chorus melody is strikingly similar to Already Over

I still love that it exists and brings us more of the new LP, and since they're admitting the retracing of old steps with the "From Zero" branding, it works. Also, I think of all the young listeners not intimately familiar with the LP formula who are now hearing it from the ones who do it best. The rap/rock combo will blow the minds of everyone ready for it who weren't around for the past.

But I also really hope there is some interesting new territory on the album for LP, some breakdowns that borrow from sub-genres they haven't explored yet, or just a really good ballad that deserves to sit alongside others the way FM did despite not being that fundamentally different from stuff like SOD or WID.

Edited by YRQRM0

HITC is a top-notch banger, but it uses a lot of repetition to do so. To me, it's like spicy food, it's easy to get too much of it quickly, and so I find  this one more rewarding with less frequent listens.

I think, as individual track, TEM is indeed more interesting and has more replay-value. However, in the context of the album, having some straightforward bangers in-between may help keep the listening experience more  diverse and engaging. Silly example, but if every song was structured like TEM within the album (minimalistic chorus 1, punchy chorus 2), it'd get old quickly. Same if every song was structured like HITC. The magic happens when you make the formulas diverse within the record, even if by a little bit.  The fact that,  in the tracklist, the song prior to HITC is 1 minute longer makes me think HITC straighforward approach may work especially well when listened to in context.

Personally, i'd have a preference if the record kept the rap-rock moments sparse. Maybe something like 2-3 tracks. Only one would feel out of place, but more than 4 would make it a rap-rock focused album, which is something i'd probably be less into at this point. Still, as a rap-rock track, HITCS is super well-done, and arguably better than quite a bunch of their older rap-rock material.

Edited by Qwerty18

1 hour ago, Qwerty18 said:

HITC is a top-notch banger, but it uses a lot of repetition to do so. To me, it's like spicy food, it's easy to get too much of it quickly, and so I find  this one more rewarding with less frequent listens.

I think, as individual track, TEM is indeed more interesting and has more replay-value. However, in the context of the album, having some straightforward bangers in-between may help keep the listening experience more  diverse and engaging. Silly example, but if every song was structured like TEM within the album (minimalistic chorus 1, punchy chorus 2), it'd get old quickly. Same if every song was structured like HITC. The magic happens when you make the formulas diverse within the record, even if by a little bit.  The fact that,  in the tracklist, the song prior to HITC is 1 minute longer makes me think HITC straighforward approach may work especially well when listened to in context.

Personally, i'd have a preference if the record kept the rap-rock moments sparse. Maybe something like 2-3 tracks. Only one would feel out of place, but more than 4 would make it a rap-rock focused album, which is something i'd probably be less into at this point. Still, as a rap-rock track, HITCS is super well-done, and arguably better than quite a bunch of their older rap-rock material.

I just sent your message to the band they said that they are going to delete the rap verses.

1 hour ago, Qwerty18 said:

Totally agree on this 

14 hours ago, Qwerty18 said:

Hi All!! As you said, this is totally subjective. Me, for example, I'd dive absolutely into an album made only with "With You" style tracks. God, how I love that song. 

Regarding HITC, the more I listen to it, the more tiny awesome details I find (the bass line on Mike's rap verses, the high chainsaw sound behind Emily's scream). It's awesome.

Edited by juancpin

35 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

It certainly is very subjective and down to musical tastes ^^

For the record, I really dig the rap verses in HITC, they are actually my favorite part of the song.

Mike’s rapping was always superb (Fort Minor’s The Rising Tied album is awesome) but he’s getting better and better and better in his phrasing rhythm. 

Edited by juancpin

This song is striking a cord with people outside of the LP fanbase. There is an amateur fan video from London with 1.5 million views on it. That is fucking wild even by LP standards. It's also performing well on the radio, like REALLY well already.

15 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

This song is striking a cord with people outside of the LP fanbase. There is an amateur fan video from London with 1.5 million views on it. That is fucking wild even by LP standards. It's also performing well on the radio, like REALLY well already.

A nu metal throwback song without Chester on vocals doing that well in 2024 is simply amazing. I bet that it’s exceeding the band’s best expectations 

The TEM-HITC pair to start off the record promotion is super strong.

Comparing with pairs from a few previous cycles, I think this could be my favorite. Loved the ATS one too though. LT and THP were 50/50. Wasn't hyped by the OML one. Not including anything pre-ATS as it gets a bit blurry to me 😅

• The Catalyst - Wretches and Kings
  • BID - LGM
  • GATS - UI
  • Heavy - Battle Symphony

Edited by Qwerty18

17 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

The chorus/hook makes me think more about how they used to do things w Mark.

The level of repetition its 2X and it works.

The new songs are catchy the best judge i know its my 4yo daughter, when whe doesn't like a song she just doesnt care or wants to skip it asap.

With the new LP songs she wants to listen to them all day lol.

It's crazy.