'Heavy Is The Crown' Music Video and Single out now!

LPLStaff

After a month of speculation and teasers, only weeks after they returned to the world in a shocking manner, and a world premiere during the encore at their show in Hamburg, Linkin Park have released the next single to their eighth album From Zero - 'Heavy Is The Crown.' It is officially the anthem for the League Of Legends Worlds 2024 Championships, taking place throughout Europe and concluding on November 2 at the O2 Arena in London, England - where Linkin Park performs tonight!

The music video features animated versions of the band performing the song in different settings from the game and Arcane TV series. The song is set to be featured in both medias. Over 130,000 people were waiting for the debut of the song, one of the highest numbers for a Linkin Park video premiere on YouTube ever.

Linkin Park also just announced they will be hosting a YouTube Premiere chat with Emily Armstrong, Mike Shinoda, and Joe Hahn at 4:00pm PT on the music video chat.

'Heavy Is The Crown' is also available on all streaming platforms now. Stay caught up with us on social media (Twitter/X, Instagram, and Facebookfor the latest when Linkin Park makes their next announcement!

Song's credits:

Spoiler

Mike Elizondo - Additional Production, Writer
Rich Costey - Mixer
BRAD DELSON - Guitar, Co-Producer
MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Vocals, RecordingEngineer
Phoenix - Bass
Ethan Mates - RecordingEngineer
Joe Hahn - Programming
Emily Armstrong - Vocals
Colin Brittain - Drums, Co-Producer
Jeff Citron - Assistant Mixer
Emerson Mancini - Masterer

As a hardcore fan they established a gold standard 14 years ago that I personally think they haven't reached since. As casual fan I definitely like the new songs and probably the rest of the album, and if I recall Mike said a couple of years ago that the was done with experimentation but the Twitch era gives me some hope someday 😊. They're definitely not shy about using classic LP elements into these new songs, let's see how the rest of the album plays out.

1 hour ago, vinifeijo said:

Lots of dislikes on the video (more than i expected). 

What were LOL fans expecting? Why don't they like it?

The only criticism I read so far is that people don‘t like the band in the video and it is understandable in the context of the worlds anthem. 

Worlds anthems used to be songs that were specifically written and produced to be the worlds anthem. They were always more League of Legends songs than they were a song by whatever artist did it that year. They incorporated sounds and themes from the game etc. and most importantly the music video was only about worlds. Two years ago they broke that already by taking an already finished song from Lil Nas X and they just branded it as the worlds song. People were less hyped about it but eventually accepted that. At least the video was a full on worlds video. Now in addition to using an already finished song they broke the music video thing as well. 

For reference the discussion in the league community is 80% about the video, the teams and characters in it etc. The video is a really really important thing to them. 

Considering all of that, the dislike ratio doesn‘t even look that bad to me? It‘s roughly 18:1

Edited by Coizu

9 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

It's that synth at the end. It sounds very similar to one that's used on a few different Meteora demos. The breakdown riff also feels reminiscent of that era's demos.

And the sound/mix of Mike's verses.

My problem is that it sounds like a demo but it's too early to have my final thought.

Edited by PetarCROATIA

1 minute ago, Somebodyangry said:

I think they wanted to come back showing LP is back in form and win over even the casuals. Casuals wouldn’t be attracted by a 5 minutes experimental mellow song. 

Then casuals will leave again when the band starting rolling out LP9 in the future again with experimental single (like 'The Catalyst') :D

I fucking love the song and Emily's powerful bridge was insane.

The weakest part of Emptiness and Crown are the drums.

Colin it's playing generic stuff would be cool if he tries to get some inspiration from Rob.

Mr Bourdon wasn't a virtuososo but he was perfect for the band there are many songs that have very memorable parts and fills that were cool and unique.

3 hours ago, anirudh said:

“Faint” type intro.

“Already Over” beat.

”Already Over” chorus.

”Rebellion” scream. 

Why does this sound like a punk album? Where is the experimentation? 😭 

I want songs like WFTE, COG, BTH. 

Those songs are still there man, right now they are doing some kind of nu metal revival which it's perfect that's why the Albuk name it's From Zero.. going back to their roots.

It's definitely sounds more like Meteora vs THP vs MTM (heavy songs)

Love the track. 

It has the signature old sound, which could repel a few fans that don't really vibe (anymore) with the older records.

Personally, I don't mind, as long as it's well executed and feels authentic/ not forced. Which is 110% the case here. The energy is infectious, the sample is super cool, everything flows super well. Certified banger.