'Heavy Is The Crown' Live Debut in Hamburg, Music Video releasing September 24

LPLStaff

Following rumors from the past week about a new song coming soon, and comments from New York that the band could only play 1 new song for fans, Linkin Park surprised everyone in Hamburg by debuting "Heavy Is The Crown" in the encore of the show!

The song is rumored to be the League of Legends Worlds 2024 Anthem, which we will find out more about this week. It's possible release date is September 24. An interesting note - Colin Brittain, Linkin Park's drummer, previously worked with League of Legends in 2017 for the Worlds Anthem "Legends Never Die."

Emily said that the song will be released soon! In the setlist, "Heavy Is The Crown" replaced "Keys To The Kingdom" from The Hunting Party.

Let's see when the song comes out!

-------------------------------------

UPDATE: September 22, 2024

League Of Legends and Linkin Park have both shared a preview of the song and its music video, featuring the band performing in an animated style. It has been formally announced as the official anthem of Worlds 2024. The video and song will premiere at 11am PST on September 24, 2024.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy is the Crown sounds amazing! Two released songs from the new album, and both are incredible.

Emily was amazing! What a voice!

These two songs are definitely Linkin Park songs!

I'm looking forward to hearing the studio version or watching a higher-quality video of the show.

There is a certain level of sad irony to Linkin Park finally returning to nu-metal when it is, in a sense, too late. But it makes sense that with so much being different about the band that they would return to a sound that is familiar. I’m just wondering what goes through Mike’s head over the years since he spent so many years running away from heavy music, and even when they returned to it on THP, seemed ashamed of it afterward.

but this is not a negative post, I swear! The song is good, feels like Faint a bit. The chorus could have used a variation the last time but overall it’s great.

i just think I liked TEM a little more - that song sounded recognizably like LP but also fresh and different. This sounds like them trying to write a HT/Meteora song

6 minutes ago, nickishere12345 said:

There is a certain level of sad irony to Linkin Park finally returning to nu-metal when it is, in a sense, too late. But it makes sense that with so much being different about the band that they would return to a sound that is familiar. I’m just wondering what goes through Mike’s head over the years since he spent so many years running away from heavy music, and even when they returned to it on THP, seemed ashamed of it afterward.

but this is not a negative post, I swear! The song is good, feels like Faint a bit. The chorus could have used a variation the last time but overall it’s great.

i just think I liked TEM a little more - that song sounded recognizably like LP but also fresh and different. This sounds like them trying to write a HT/Meteora song

He might probably wanted to go back to the basics. After so much shit they've been through, must have been very comfortable to return to your familiar patterns to have some mental stability and not overcomplicate things. Heavy experimentation will come again, but not now 

1 minute ago, bloodbath said:

He might probably wanted to go back to the basics. After so much shit they've been through, must have been very comfortable to return to your familiar patterns to have some mental stability and not overcomplicate things. Heavy experimentation will come again, but not now 

Nice reply 😊

I will wait for the studio recording.

9 minutes ago, nickishere12345 said:

I don't know, man. Heavy is the Crown is definitely a Linkin Park song, but I don’t think it would fit on Hybrid Theory or Meteora. It’s different.

13 minutes ago, nickishere12345 said:

I don't think the desire to move away from nu-metal was purely Mike. When they did the nu-metal version of Heavy, I believe it was Chester who said "There's your Hybrid Theory, now shut the fuck up". That doesn't seem like something he'd say unless he also resented the constant calls for LP to go backwards in their evolution with each album.

I also don't think he was ashamed of THP. He had said in the years after THP that he wanted to play more of those songs live and was even willing to extend their set times to do it, but they brought it to a band vote that he was on the wrong side of. KTTK specifically is one I know he wanted to play after THP was released and was never able to make it happen until now.

3 minutes ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

I don't know, man. Heavy is the Crown is definitely a Linkin Park song, but I don’t think it would fit on Hybrid Theory or Meteora. It’s different.

Fair enough! Definitely going to wait for the studio version before I judge any more either way.

Let me be clear again that I like the song by the way! It’s just that I like when LP surprises me with new sounds