LPTV to Return in 2024

LPLStaff

On Twitter on Saturday, September 7, Lorenzo Errico replied to a fan asking about LPTV saying that Mark Fiore is currently working on a new season of LPTV.

LPTV, a longstanding video series that provides a glimpse into the studio work, concert touring, and more by Linkin Park, has been inactive during the break by Linkin Park so this return will be highly anticipated by fans.

The series has not consistently been active since the European Tour in 2015, about nine years ago. With 137 episodes in LPTV currently, a new look into the recording of From Zero and the concert touring will be welcoming. Mark Fiore was spotted at the first show of Linkin Park's comeback on Thursday, filming content.

Yo Mark is awesome. He started to recognize me after standing front at all the shows i went to. In 2017 when I went to LA for the show he even just knew within a second who I was even tho I am from Europe and just asked if he could ask me some questions Infront the camera.

Just like Lorenzo, Adam and Jim, Mark is also this great part of the whole team that needs to be there.

2 hours ago, SinisterNL said:

Yo Mark is awesome. He started to recognize me after standing front at all the shows i went to. In 2017 when I went to LA for the show he even just knew within a second who I was even tho I am from Europe and just asked if he could ask me some questions Infront the camera.

Just like Lorenzo, Adam and Jim, Mark is also this great part of the whole team that needs to be there.

LOL. I had the exact same experience last Thursday! Maybe we’ll both be in an upcoming episode! It kind of caught me off guard so I probably sound nervous but it was so good to see familiar crew! Also, Every time I would focus away from the band I noticed him filming my area. We’re truly back in business!

23 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

Finally, we can get more insight behind the scenes and to shut up these whiners once and for all.

Haha nah they'll still be there saying "This isn't LP. Change the name."

The thing with that is, I know 100% that the band had to expect this and be mentally prepared for it. I'm positive that they're expecting it to last for a while until those people finally give up and go away.

4 hours ago, blackout said:

I hope to see some new making-of footage! I loved those in the past.

Exactly, i actually missed the LPTV even during the OML album, i dont know why they didnt did them on the time (i mean they shared videos of the recording of the album but never with the LPTV on the title)

10 hours ago, max91 said:

Exactly, i actually missed the LPTV even during the OML album, i dont know why they didnt did them on the time (i mean they shared videos of the recording of the album but never with the LPTV on the title)

Well, the OML making-of footage was a bit short and superficial. One thing is that it didn't have the name LPTV in the title, but it also was much shorther than, for example, LPTV episodes about making of Burn It Down. I remember Burn It Down got two seperate episodes and I absolutely love both of them. OML making-of videos were rather short and focused mostly on "Heavy". I'd love to get the full-fledged making-of documentary like we got for A Thousand Suns or Minutes to Midnight. Some episodes would be cool too, of course. We've been getting less and less since ATS, basically. We got the making-of documentary about Living Things but it was a bit shorter and less in-depth than the one for ATS. But even something like for LT would be great. Honestly, these documentaries have been one of the most interesting aspects of each new LP release for me, so I hope we'll get something for "From Zero".

I was very underwhelmed, especially for THP and OML, not releasing any actual 'making of' full length documentary and just bits and pieces of the process. The ATS LPTV era is still my favorite because in the beginning it perfectly combined unseen footage from the DVD and then the DVD itself when it came out. Why is it so hard to put together something very special for them and for us? Not seeing Rakim or Page Hamilton at all during the THP era was very odd IMHO, let alone not showing the emotional ride that pretty much all 6 guys went through 2015-17 when making OML. I get the intimate part of it and not wanting to show everything but it still feels out of place to this day, I just find fascinating seeing raw natural reactions from artists creating anything.

With all of that said, I'm excited for Mark putting out new stuff.

1 hour ago, RentEznor said:

Not seeing Rakim or Page Hamilton at all during the THP era was very odd IMHO

We actually got making-of footage with both Rakim and Page Hamilton. It's on YouTube. At least it was a few years ago. BTW, I'm not saying it's enough but we actually did get some videos with GATS and AFN. Same with Tom Morello. The only artist who contributed to THP but we didn't see was Daron Malakian from SOAD. There was no video about Rebellion, unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, blackout said:

We actually got making-of footage with both Rakim and Page Hamilton. It's on YouTube. At least it was a few years ago. BTW, I'm not saying it's enough but we actually did get some videos with GATS and AFN. Same with Tom Morello. The only artist who contributed to THP but we didn't see was Daron Malakian from SOAD. There was no video about Rebellion, unfortunately.

Honestly it's been a minute so my memories might betray me. I remember watching those LPTV's again not that long ago and only seeing Tom hanging out with them.

2 hours ago, RentEznor said:

I was very underwhelmed, especially for THP and OML, not releasing any actual 'making of' full length documentary and just bits and pieces of the process. The ATS LPTV era is still my favorite because in the beginning it perfectly combined unseen footage from the DVD and then the DVD itself when it came out. Why is it so hard to put together something very special for them and for us? Not seeing Rakim or Page Hamilton at all during the THP era was very odd IMHO, let alone not showing the emotional ride that pretty much all 6 guys went through 2015-17 when making OML. I get the intimate part of it and not wanting to show everything but it still feels out of place to this day, I just find fascinating seeing raw natural reactions from artists creating anything.

With all of that said, I'm excited for Mark putting out new stuff.

I think 2015-17 was a bad time for them and they weren't in the mood to record everything

2 hours ago, RentEznor said:

Honestly it's been a minute so my memories might betray me. I remember watching those LPTV's again not that long ago and only seeing Tom hanging out with them.

It's not much, of course, but there is some footage with Rakim and Page. I think that there were also some LPUTV videos about these songs with a few additional scenes, but I cannot find them at the moment.