Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Deryck thing seems like smoke and mirrors. Mike himself said he couldn’t see anyone from the Bowl show joining the band. He said none of them stacked up to Chester. That isn’t going to be a move they make as a band. 

Still think the band is about to surprise us all with someone no one guessed on Wednesday. 

3 hours ago, AceWav said:

The songs on OML that are in my opinion going to live next to the classics for me are NBCSM, Sorry For Now, and Sharp Edges. I also really like halfway right. Those are the tracks I don’t get bored of. The rest of the album is good, but those songs are the standouts for me. I currently dislike the song OML. I rarely listen to it. Not because it makes me upset but I don’t know, it had one meaning and then completely changed meanings and now it’s rather an annoying reminder of a bad time. 

I liked Sorry For Now when I first heard it in 2017, and it's still probably my favorite on the record. I hope we get the alternate version with Mike's rap in the bridge someday. The other tracks I enjoy from there are Battle Symphony and Invisible. Occasionally I'll listen to NBCSM and GG. OML if I'm ever depressed and need a good cry. 

I do wonder, if the guys go forward with a new singer and live shows, how many songs they'll incorporate from OML into the setlists. It'll be interesting to see.

Posted (edited)

I would imagine every album will get representation on the set list. Even if OML had very vocal dislike towards it, the band was super proud of it and still is… 

now as for Hunting Party… if they skipped it on Papercuts, they will for sure skip it on tour… (joking, please don’t start arguing again)

Edited by DCrecelius

11 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Where do you live? Baker island?

Wellllllllllllllllll I'm currently in Beijing, that's UTC+8 here

11 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Where do you live? Baker island?

Not exactly in the middle of the Pacific Ocean😅

8 hours ago, DCrecelius said:

now as for Hunting Party… if they skipped it on Papercuts, they will for sure skip it on tour… (joking, please don’t start arguing again)

Awwwww no, that would be sad😂

9 hours ago, rsw2010 said:

I liked Sorry For Now when I first heard it in 2017, and it's still probably my favorite on the record. I hope we get the alternate version with Mike's rap in the bridge someday. The other tracks I enjoy from there are Battle Symphony and Invisible. Occasionally I'll listen to NBCSM and GG. OML if I'm ever depressed and need a good cry. 

I do wonder, if the guys go forward with a new singer and live shows, how many songs they'll incorporate from OML into the setlists. It'll be interesting to see.

That would be very interesting! For some reason I can hear them opening up with nobody can save me. If they just opened up abruptly with that initial vocal melody, plus that song rocks a little harder live, theni think even Mike could handle the range in that song. 

9 hours ago, DCrecelius said:

I would imagine every album will get representation on the set list. Even if OML had very vocal dislike towards it, the band was super proud of it and still is… 

https://sl.bing.net/jKN9q6SIbam

14 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

The only problem I could have is if the new single turns out to be a generic trendy pop song. I have nothing against it being pop, but it has to have a LP trademark in the sound, not being something like HE or MIUAIG. Like, I’d love something catchy but powerful, it’s the comeback of one of the most iconic bands of the last 25 years after a tragedy and a 7 years hiatus. 

New Linkin Park single: Heavier

8 hours ago, Bebro said:

What the heck is HE??? I get that MIUAIG is make it up as i go, but HE? stop with these pls, there are just too many songs to immediately recognize every shortcut. As long as it's A line in the sand, or the little things give you away i get it, but typing for example GG over good goodbye or SE instead of sharp edges, cmon, just two words...

Chill dude 😂😂

1 hour ago, unclehoudini said:

Checkout Mike's IG story. Its a photo of a singer and talks about the countdown for being "halfway there"

Because John Bon Jovi will join to the line up...  JK

I don't know what will happen, or what they will announce. I've been reading this threat the last couple of days.

I love LP of course I do, but for me it won't be the same. I'm curious, absolutely, but that's all... My younger self would be super excited about the announcement, but now it's like... Ok... 

2 minutes ago, AceWav said:

so is this technically going to be the most polarizing LP era of them all? If you really think about it. 

Probably? But they're used to it, don't worry. Expect the worst from the tabloids (again) after tomorrow.

If the new singer will be a woman I think Heavy will be on the set, so at least that one from OML will survive. I also see Invisible, GG, NCSM and SFN being there, and why not BS. It all depends on who is the new vocalist 

I could see a nice tribute being…

Lights fade to black. A spotlight shines down on a mic stand centre stage. Band play through to chorus of Numb in darkness, with crowd choir. Lights up and vocalist joins from second verse. Crowd sings bridge. Full band close. 

Edited by Sukotto

3 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

It's Emily Armstrong guys 

What a fucking amazing vocalist she has what It takes to be next vocalist 

After listening a little to Dead Sara songs... yeah, I'd be down for that. I'd be very interested to hear how her voice works with the Linkin Park songwriting style and vibes.

7 hours ago, DCrecelius said:

I think THP is their worst album when it comes to production. Just compare it with meteora. (i still like it, i'm just looking at it from production perspective)

Anyway, i believe they'll put at least one song from each album.

HT,meteora and MTM are must have. 100% for Burn it down, one more light, Waiting for the end and i guess 1 THP song. Personally i hope for Lost and friendly fire as well.

About a potential setlist, it really depends on the vocal range of the new singer I think. If there's a new project coming, I think the general vibe and mood of that project will set the tone of the tour. The OML tour had only Wastelands from THP (at least in the show I attended) and focused more on pop rock (despite still having at least five songs from HT in, because that's where most of their hits come from, but even there you had Crawling on piano and In The End with the crowd sing-along). The THP tour setlist was quite heavier. 

What if the announcement was instead of a tour they’re just going to play a handful of festival shows with numerous singers kind of like the Hollywood bowl lol Or maybe like a different singer for each show. There’s so many possibilities of what this announcement will be lol Jesus

Edited by DylHDZ

It's just speculation. Someone on Twitter made up that it "leaked." It's just because of her Instagram followers having a few LP members. But that could be from any time since Instagram was created to now.