Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

I am very curious for those of you who say ''I am uncertain if I will like the new direction Linkin Park are headed in or not'', did you guys end up disliking any particular LP album before but eventually grew into it and decided you liked it? Or is there an LP album (or more) that you still dislike in terms of the direction they went to this day as a hardcore LP fan? I want to dig in your minds a bit. I have a gut feeling most will be on board after initial reactions, particularly the negative ones. But with that being said, i know here's a lot of people who will generally dislike new LP without chaz. 

Edited by AceWav
typo

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, AceWav said:

I am very curious for those of you who say ''I am uncertain if I will like the new direction Linkin Park are headed in or not'', did you guys end up disliking any particular LP album before but eventually grew into it and decided you liked it? Or is there an LP album (or more) that you still dislike in terms of the direction they went to this day as a hardcore LP fan? I want to dig in your minds a bit. I have a gut feeling most will be on board after initial reactions, particularly the negative ones. But with that being said, i know here's a lot of people who will generally dislike new LP without chaz. 

I dont think it will be bad. I love Mikes solo stuff.

I also love every LP album, OML is one of my most favourite albums. Most of the backlash is that it wont have Chester.

1 minute ago, AceWav said:

I disliked most of MTM and ATS when they came out, but quickly grew curious over both albums, and my appreciation for them has only gotten stronger over the years. They have both been landmarks helping me to expand my musical horizons in my late teens, at a time where I exclusively listened to (nu)metal bands.  Music, of all kind, has become one my main life's passion, and those albums kind of started the journey outside the initial realm.

Unfortunately, OML is the only record that I didn't really feel at first, and that also didn't age well for me. I appreciate what they were trying to do, and I do like some songs on it, but overall, I could never build the same connection as with the others. I know some people have that with THP for example. I guess it's only natural that with so many styles switch, not all of them are going to click.

2 hours ago, Subs said:

I dont think it will be bad. I love Mikes solo stuff.

I also love every LP album, OML is one of my most favourite albums. Most of the backlash is that it wont have Chester.

I really love OML also. Theres a huge sense of nostalgia with that last record with Chaz for me. Not to tell too much “story” cause I don’t want to veer off topic much, but the hype for OML and into its release was during a time when I was just getting into music seriously, I was going to school for music production and interning at a nice private recording studio, so In many ways, the hype going to audio college mixed with the hype of a new LP record was amazing, and then very bittersweet for obvious reasons at the end of the cycle. The album makes me feel emotions I simply cannot describe. so just to connect to your love for OML. 

and me too man, ATS was the only record that took a while. I still have yet to fully process ATS. It sounds like it would have been the final record to me just because of its sophistication and its very brave approach. Not to mention the sound of ATS will probably be relevant for the next 20 years. 

2 hours ago, Qwerty18 said:

I disliked most of MTM and ATS when they came out, but quickly grew curious over both albums, and my appreciation for them has only gotten stronger over the years. They have both been landmarks helping me to expand my musical horizons in my late teens, at a time where I exclusively listened to (nu)metal bands.  Music, of all kind, has become one my main life's passion, and those albums kind of started the journey outside the initial realm.

Unfortunately, OML is the only record that I didn't really feel at first, and that also didn't age well for me. I appreciate what they were trying to do, and I do like some songs on it, but overall, I could never build the same connection as with the others. I know some people have that with THP for example. I guess it's only natural that with so many styles switch, not all of them are going to click.

I love how MTM and ATS inspired you to expand your sonic horizons!! I said it another response but ATS is still growing on me. I honestly didn’t even know how to take it when it came out, it threw such a curveball for me. But like you, it grew on me over time and still is. 

And I totally agree with you about the connection to each record being unique and different. It’s so interesting to see the huge dynamic (love and hate) for OML, I think that’s the one record in particular (besides ATS) that really divided LP fans the most. Btw I love THP, that’s a special album. 

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

The opinion of people who are against the comeback its really important for me, im very interested in what people think about this new era.

Question is why is that so important to you

Whatever direction they take, so long as they’re happy, that’s all that matters. Continue as a five-piece, good for them. New direction and new takes on legacy music with a female vocalist, good for them. Bringing in a male vocalist, no doubt it’s big shoes to fill, but good for them. Hit a few festivals as a farewell tour, good for them too.

Whatever the next chapter is, if it makes them happy, I’m there for it. 

Edited by Sukotto

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

Question is why is that so important to you

I love the community as a whole, fans who are against the comeback deserved to be heard, this isnt war.

The loss of Chester is a tragedy that impacted us in a very difficult way.

For me 7 years was enough time to heal and welcome a new erw of the band for some other fans its not enough and probably they will never heal.

2 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I love the community as a whole, fans who are against the comeback deserved to be heard, this isnt war.

The loss of Chester is a tragedy that impacted us in a very difficult way.

For me 7 years was enough time to heal and welcome a new erw of the band for some other fans its not enough and probably they will never heal.

Someone gets it 👍

The only problem I could have is if the new single turns out to be a generic trendy pop song. I have nothing against it being pop, but it has to have a LP trademark in the sound, not being something like HE or MIUAIG. Like, I’d love something catchy but powerful, it’s the comeback of one of the most iconic bands of the last 25 years after a tragedy and a 7 years hiatus. 

The announcement is at an odd time, with it being quarter past the hour. Wonder if any significance to anything, like an announcement live on air or somewhat. Seems odd it's not on the hour. 

6 minutes ago, Smarky said:

The announcement is at an odd time, with it being quarter past the hour. Wonder if any significance to anything, like an announcement live on air or somewhat. Seems odd it's not on the hour. 

what's the time ? for me it just says "Wednesday 8/28 - AM PST" did they edit out the time ?

or you're referring to the LP announcement, not the Sum 41 one

/edit: got it

Edited by millytripleseven

1 minute ago, millytripleseven said:

what's the time ? for me it just says "Wednesday 8/28 - AM PST" did they edit out the time ?

I meant the LP countdown is counting down to that time, I think that would make it 11:15pst but I could be totally wrong.

17 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

The only problem I could have is if the new single turns out to be a generic trendy pop song. I have nothing against it being pop, but it has to have a LP trademark in the sound, not being something like HE or MIUAIG. Like, I’d love something catchy but powerful, it’s the comeback of one of the most iconic bands of the last 25 years after a tragedy and a 7 years hiatus. 

What the heck is HE??? I get that MIUAIG is make it up as i go, but HE? stop with these pls, there are just too many songs to immediately recognize every shortcut. As long as it's A line in the sand, or the little things give you away i get it, but typing for example GG over good goodbye or SE instead of sharp edges, cmon, just two words...

5 minutes ago, Bebro said:

What the heck is HE??? I get that MIUAIG is make it up as i go, but HE? stop with these pls, there are just too many songs to immediately recognize every shortcut. As long as it's A line in the sand, or the little things give you away i get it, but typing for example GG over good goodbye or SE instead of sharp edges, cmon, just two words...

Happy Endings

6 minutes ago, Bebro said:

Yo, relax my dude. You could've just asked "What is HE?" 😅

30 minutes ago, Bebro said:

Pro tip: you can type abbreviations on Linkinpedia and be redirected to the song pages.

1 hour ago, Hybrid1988 said:

what did everyone have for lunch today?

Not my photo, but I had this:

image.png

44 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

They're just stirring the pot

I don't think that Deryck will join another band ASAP, they just canceled some dates of their final tour because D got sick or injured.

Deryck is tired of touring, he's been on tour since he was like 16 or 17 I think that he is going to take a long time rest .

Also HE DOESN'T SCREAM atleast not in a live setting, he struggles a lot.

3 hours ago, AceWav said:

The only album that I didn't like the direction of was OML. I wasn't a fan of the pop direction, the outside songwriters, or the lack of guitar. Even to this day, I'll only listen to like half the album (ironically, not the singles). I was part of the crowd that loved ATS the first time I heard it. Same with LT and THP. 

59 minutes ago, rsw2010 said:

The only album that I didn't like the direction of was OML. I wasn't a fan of the pop direction, the outside songwriters, or the lack of guitar. Even to this day, I'll only listen to like half the album (ironically, not the singles). I was part of the crowd that loved ATS the first time I heard it. Same with LT and THP. 

The songs on OML that are in my opinion going to live next to the classics for me are NBCSM, Sorry For Now, and Sharp Edges. I also really like halfway right. Those are the tracks I don’t get bored of. The rest of the album is good, but those songs are the standouts for me. I currently dislike the song OML. I rarely listen to it. Not because it makes me upset but I don’t know, it had one meaning and then completely changed meanings and now it’s rather an annoying reminder of a bad time. 

2 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

what did everyone have for lunch today?

I refried some left over 7/11 mini tacos (those are so bomb! 💣) and then put scrambled eggs over them with hot sauce. Basically Mexican eggs without the salsa.