Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

11 minutes ago, Chazy987 said:

Gigantic rumor. Thougts?

Well, it could have been interesting if it was possible, because here is twenty one pilots on their Stressed Out video:

b0510f75a9f6b3f00ed0d48dd1c61fb7.png

ø

Edited by max91
i put "if it" and i meant "if" only

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

Today should’ve been a fun day that brought everyone in the community together for the first time in years.

Well, this worked perfectly. Even if some fans are going at each other's throats. But they brought the fanbase together and the traction keeps going.

Whoever is calling this a marketing disaster doesn't understand who the target audience was, clearly media keeps reporting about this for even longer now, which results in longer exposure and prolonged audience reach. And the actual spread of the revelation of what's to come won't be impacted by this stunt either.

9 minutes ago, Rasputin 93 said:

Well, this worked perfectly. Even if some fans are going at each other's throats. But they brought the fanbase together and the traction keeps going.

Whoever is calling this a marketing disaster doesn't understand who the target audience was, clearly media keeps reporting about this for even longer now, which results in longer exposure and prolonged audience reach. And the actual spread of the revelation of what's to come won't be impacted by this stunt either.

I definitely don’t disagree with that at all.

2 minutes ago, Bebro said:

Found this:

Twenty_One_Pilots_wordmark.svg

What do you think? The crossed letter O, seems to be interesting. Maybe a LP x 21 Pilots song in september?

That Symbol is a standard thing for Twenty One Pilots. 

While the band has always done things like this, for whatever reason I didn't expect it this time, so jokes on me. At least with the Living Things scavenger hunt, HT20 & M20 interactive websites, etc it was a way for fans to interact, but outside of more waiting (September 5th?) there isn't much to speculate here. The Altguy leaker stated hearing there's a new track coming in the second week of September, so if you want to believe that, then this could be more than just live show announcements, we're possibly getting new music at the end of this. Regardless, some fans may be annoyed or disappointed right now, and while I don't love the announcement of an announcement marketing myself, we won't care when the actual news finally drops, we just have to wait some more. 

That said, nobody should have taken off work or set their whole day around this countdown, lol, that was just setting yourself up for disappointment.

15 minutes ago, Rasputin 93 said:

agreed 100%, i can understand the criticism to a point, but honestly this is the only place i’ve been seeing negative reactions. the larger music world is learning about the countdown/up for the first time, which means that more eyes will be on the band when the announcement comes. 
LP has been doing stuff like this consistently, the risk is worth the reward. 

At this point the announcement HAS to be something really big. Like, you don’t build hype like that to announce a couple reunion of shows at festivals in the U.S. next year. This feels like the old school trolling for new album cycles of back in the day 

47 minutes ago, linkinepi said:

This feels like LPU8 all over again. Just give the fans what they want Mike, and stop with the cryptic shit every single cycle.

LPU 8 was amazing though, was the best LPU they did. 

A perfect example that you cannot do anything interesting without people acting like idiots. 

Edited by Smarky

6 minutes ago, Smarky said:

LPU 8 was amazing though, was the best LPU they did. 

A perfect example that you cannot do anything interesting without people acting like idiots. 

Brooooo no! LPU7!!! When the boards changed it all fell apart.

29 minutes ago, Smarky said:

I know someone posted previously about hoping it was Izzy Hale, I know it's not going to be her, but she just posted a cover of crawling on her insta that peeps might enjoy seeing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_OrnG3Og5c/?hl=en

oh man, I haven’t shut up about Lzzy Hale being the singer for months. I’d even settle for Halestorm being the opener on an LP tour 

So are you guys currently watching any good TV shows? I recently discovered that Disney+ (which I rarely opened) finally merged the catalogs for all their streaming services, so I've been watching some classics from Fox like Malcolm In The Middle and My Name Is Earl.

6 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

So are you guys currently watching any good TV shows? I recently discovered that Disney+ (which I rarely opened) finally merged the catalogs for all their streaming services, so I've been watching some classics from Fox like Malcolm In The Middle and My Name Is Earl.

Sons Of Anarchy

Mayans MC

Justified

Snowfall

Those are some pretty awesome shows to watch if you're asking me.

So whatever happened to that Hybrid Theory tribute band? Where they posted the story of teasing big news on the eve of the BIO video update and then shortly deleted it. Were they just a bunch of dicks, riding the hype train?

Also, I do find it interesting that multiple people have posted LP covers fairly recently.

1 minute ago, LPBatman said:

So whatever happened to that Hybrid Theory tribute band? Where they posted the story of teasing big news on the eve of the BIO video update and then shortly deleted it. Were they just a bunch of dicks, riding the hype train?

Also, I do find it interesting that multiple people have posted LP covers fairly recently.

I think you answered your own question in your question lol

5 minutes ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Sons Of Anarchy

Mayans MC

Justified

Snowfall

Those are some pretty awesome shows to watch if you're asking me.

Thanks for the recommendations. I only know Sons Of Anarchy. Will check the others.

4 hours ago, Smarky said:

Those Marketing experts in this thread claiming it is some form of disaster, please post pictures of your marketing degrees and your resumes showing all your years working in Marketing, thanks.

Do you really want to do this? I have a Marketing degree and have worked in the industry for 20 years; the countdown hitting zero and counting back up was the wrong move and has generated a considerable amount of backlash. Go and read the comments on social media. Why would they risk generating ill will when they had the world waiting with bated breath for an expected announcement when the countdown hit zero? There were over 56,000 people viewing the YouTube stream when it hit zero, only to see a little glitch and the countdown reverse and start counting up? Will they get widespread media coverage if and when they announce they are reforming? They’re Linkin Park. Of course they will. A countdown timer won’t change that. All they’ve managed to do with this stunt is create more confusion and have pissed off a good chunk of the fan base.

A good chunk of the fan base were going to get pissed off anyways because they have this mindset that think Linkin Park shouldn't continue with a new singer and replace Chester.  I feel like this is a way they can filter those people out, that if they were going to be mad, then they're going to be mad regardless of what they did with the countdown.

48 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I'm watching the original Yugioh series right now. I never finished it as a kid and, after a bunch of Yugioh videos started being recommended to me on YouTube, I decided to give it another go.

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

I got SUPER into X-Men recently, a bit before Deadpool and Wolverine. Been chopping away at the classic Animated show for a while.