Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Sukotto said:

Why would a new singer have to be someone known? An complete unknown could make their mark without the preconceptions from people of I do/don’t like them/ their music

There's just no way that Linkin Park is going to have an unknown, inexperienced vocalist co-front the band. You don't go from complete obscurity to playing packed arenas as the lead vocalists for one of the biggest bands in the world. That's just a recipe for disaster.

25 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

At this point the risk of being let down by the announcement is pretty high if we expect album announcement + full tour. 

I don't think it's possible to be let down by the announcement. Don't expect a tour, they will absolutely explode social media with show announcements the rest of the year - no reason we need all of that tomorrow.

They may announce a new song coming though. Let's see. Whatever they do will be super exciting.

18 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

There's just no way that Linkin Park is going to have an unknown, inexperienced vocalist co-front the band. You don't go from complete obscurity to playing packed arenas as the lead vocalists for one of the biggest bands in the world. That's just a recipe for disaster.

Would make a wild story if it pulled off though!

I wouldn't mind if they just did collaborations with a different vocalist per song. Not sure how that would work in a live environment with a tour, but it would add a lot of variety for all fans to enjoy. And it wouldn't put so much pressure on a single person to fill the shoes of Chester's spot. I am excited either way.

14 minutes ago, OfLefty said:

I wouldn't mind if they just did collaborations with a different vocalist per song. Not sure how that would work in a live environment with a tour, but it would add a lot of variety for all fans to enjoy. And it wouldn't put so much pressure on a single person to fill the shoes of Chester's spot. I am excited either way.

Gorillaz did an ext(p)ensive world tour with a massive amount of artists and a lot of guests depending the venue (like Bad Bunny @ Coachella). I guess the guys can handle $  that kind of tour; they are a talented grown-ass men with nothing to prove to anything. 

I see this comeback like a big party, to celebrate music and a legacy, spending some time with old and new friends and chill their asses off. They deserve our support whatever they want to do. 

What a time to be alive. First Oasis and then Linkin Park. 

27 minutes ago, SinisterNL said:

Sum41 made a statement that Deryck is not doing anything with oasis or LP

Don’t want to sound disrespectful but I am glad about that, he did pretty good on The Catalyst and Faint but he is the frontman of a really famous band and he mainly is a punk vocalist 

7 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I don't think it's right to combine unknown with inexperienced. They're not the same thing.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, not expecting a new album or a full on tour announcement just yet. I think a safe guess is we're getting the announcement of a few shows (Rock am Ring?) and a new vocalist, if there is one. I imagine 2025 will be more of a warmup year, then touring throughout 2026.

I hope Rob is a part of this, but I'm half expecting him not to be. 

19 minutes ago, Elaine said:

I don't think it's right to combine unknown with inexperienced. They're not the same thing.

If you're unknown, you're going to be pretty inexperienced when it comes to fronting a band that sells out arenas.

15 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

If you're unknown, you're going to be pretty inexperienced when it comes to fronting a band that sells out arenas.

But not necessarily to the tour grind in general. There's levels of inexperience; the original quoted post read like it was expecting the band to pick someone who'd never toured before.

25 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

everyone was inexperienced in that regard up until they did it for the first time. If it’s someone that has experience touring in general, then I’m sure they’ll be fine.