The Official Fort Minor Thread

ChuckCheese

I managed to pick up the We Major CD at a secondhand store here in New Zealand, which seems a random as hell place to find it. After checking it against everything on LPCatalog and Discogs it definitely seems to be real though (sticker cover insert etc.) Does anyone know what the story is with the physicals for these? Did he just sell them at shows? How many copies of each version were printed?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 5:16 PM, ToddWilliamson said:

Thank you, do you know if it was available anywhere else?

Judging by Geki's comment here in 2009, Mike had a sufficient amount of copies to be handing multiple away to fans.

I do remember it being available for purchase from like S.O.B. or Celph Titled's site or something like that YEARS ago. Doesn't help you now in 2019, however. But yeah. That was actually the first concert that I ever went to (FM in Boston 2/3/06). That Meet & Greet was amazing. It had Mike, Ryu, Tak, Holly Brook, Bobo & Beatdown, their drummer, all in one M&G. And Mike was cool as hell for that, looking back on it. I was like nervous as hell (first time meeting Mike or anyone from LP for that matter) but I somehow had the balls to ask him why the We Major CD wasn't available to buy at the merch table they had. He was like hold on man and he walked somewhere in the back area of the M&G for a second and was like here man and gave me 3 copies. I was like thank you so much man I really appreciate it and he was like hell yeah man, enjoy the show and thanks for supporting us. I think they were also giving out We Major CD's outside the venue to fans, too. But can't remember 100% since on that if it happened or not since it was so long ago now.

Edited by Garret

Unless there's two versions of the mixtape and one isn't well documented, I'm pretty sure I managed to get a hold on a bootleg. It wasn't even an intended purchase, came with a deluxe edition of The Rising Tied, but it doesn't match my other copy and the disc is definitely off

On 9/25/2019 at 7:15 AM, jFar920 said:

Unless there's two versions of the mixtape and one isn't well documented, I'm pretty sure I managed to get a hold on a bootleg. It wasn't even an intended purchase, came with a deluxe edition of The Rising Tied, but it doesn't match my other copy and the disc is definitely off

That's why there's lpcatalog. Don't know why you guys don't use it from time to time, especially when buying rare stuff. You can always ask us via email too (we'll be glad to help out before you purchase) Check out this page.

These are the only album versions we know are legit. As far as we know, other ones available on ebay etc. are bootlegs.

Also attached is a promo we're looking for. Anyone has any info on who got it few years back? (must have been a collector for sure) If this is correct, there is IGD we haven't seen from AOL.

cdx30846_1.jpg

Edited by michalangelo

I do use LPCatalog, nearly my entire collection is marked on there (I need to add some stuff).

I assumed it was bootleg because it wasn’t on there, but there’s a few things that are still missing on the site so I figured there was still some small chance. I got my legitimate one off eBay as well, but it was from a collector with all the other stuff being legit as well. I don’t care if it is bootleg or not, I brought it up because I hadn’t seen any bootlegs that match it specifically.

I can probably take a photo when I get home, it’s closest in appearance to the first release, but the cover is cardboard and not a sticker and the CD doesn’t match any of the releases

4 minutes ago, jFar920 said:

I do use LPCatalog, nearly my entire collection is marked on there (I need to add some stuff).

I assumed it was bootleg because it wasn’t on there, but there’s a few things that are still missing on the site so I figured there was still some small chance. I got my legitimate one off eBay as well, but it was from a collector with all the other stuff being legit as well. I don’t care if it is bootleg or not, I brought it up because I hadn’t seen any bootlegs that match it specifically.

I can probably take a photo when I get home, it’s closest in appearance to the first release, but the cover is cardboard and not a sticker and the CD doesn’t match any of the releases

Please post the pic here, we'll see.

Yeah there are "couple" of items missing on the catalog too (imho we have all versions of the mixtape there, 90% positive about that, yet there have been things around we had no idea existed so who knows)

21 minutes ago, Astat said:

That looks to me like someone had an original case but burned their own copy of the disc.

Yeah because the copies I got in Boston 2006 have that case but the disc is red and the print and logo on the CD is different.

Edited by Garret

e

9 hours ago, michalangelo said:

That's why there's lpcatalog. Don't know why you guys don't use it from time to time, especially when buying rare stuff. You can always ask us via email too (we'll be glad to help out before you purchase) Check out this page.

These are the only album versions we know are legit. As far as we know, other ones available on ebay etc. are bootlegs.

Also attached is a promo we're looking for. Anyone has any info on who got it few years back? (must have been a collector for sure) If this is correct, there is IGD we haven't seen from AOL.

cdx30846_1.jpg

That would be epic to have!!!!

I'll get a closer shot and a comparison picture to my other copy later tonight. While the art looks the same in the photo, it's a different material and shaped slightly different as well

Edit: Suspected bootleg is on the right

174844F1-0758-4994-91EE-5C4E1EE431BD.jpeg

00A0B7AA-6750-4FBD-993D-F8EB7BC11E79.jpeg

Edited by jFar920

• 2 years later...

Hi... i'm sure how start this hehe... Well, I want to make knowledge of something that I found recently, and I think this place is the more proper to bring this. Is about the Summer Sonic Chiba date of Fort Minor. There's a japanese page called LiveFans, that is a Setlist.fm kind of page, where users upload setlists for different shows, exclusive for japanese ones in this case. The thing is that in that page is listed a complete setlist for that show (something missing nowadays). The problem is that we cannot know if was added by a proper attendee of by someone random because was added by what is seems to be a delete account. I'm just want to bring this in the case that nobody here were aware of this, though I don't thing can be use as a source for the setlist of that show (though the way that is written make me thing in a chance, I don't know... though... What the heck is "She Wants to Move"?): https://www.livefans.jp/events/16141
(Honestly, I wasn't expect to be this my first post ever..., I never intended to use the account anyway but hey, there's always a first time 🙃)

12 hours ago, MatPac13 said:

Hi... i'm sure how start this hehe... Well, I want to make knowledge of something that I found recently, and I think this place is the more proper to bring this. Is about the Summer Sonic Chiba date of Fort Minor. There's a japanese page called LiveFans, that is a Setlist.fm kind of page, where users upload setlists for different shows, exclusive for japanese ones in this case. The thing is that in that page is listed a complete setlist for that show (something missing nowadays). The problem is that we cannot know if was added by a proper attendee of by someone random because was added by what is seems to be a delete account. I'm just want to bring this in the case that nobody here were aware of this, though I don't thing can be use as a source for the setlist of that show (though the way that is written make me thing in a chance, I don't know... though... What the heck is "She Wants to Move"?): https://www.livefans.jp/events/16141
(Honestly, I wasn't expect to be this my first post ever..., I never intended to use the account anyway but hey, there's always a first time 🙃)

Wow, that's interesting. Nice find. That's basically the Australia and New Zealand Tour setlist without Enth E Nd.

She Wants To Move is a N.E.R.D. song. Black Violin always did a solo where they played a medley of popular hip-hop songs. Here are a few of them:

https://lplive.net/forums/topic/7380-quick-question-ask-here/?do=findComment&comment=295526

Also Yeah! by Usher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIX2-DITVaA

Apparently She Wants To Move might be one of them.

2 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Wow, that's interesting. Nice find. That's basically the Australia and New Zealand Tour setlist without Enth E Nd.

She Wants To Move is a N.E.R.D. song. Black Violin always did a solo where they played a medley of popular hip-hop songs. Here are a few of them:

https://lplive.net/forums/topic/7380-quick-question-ask-here/?do=findComment&comment=295526

Also Yeah! by Usher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIX2-DITVaA

Apparently She Wants To Move might be one of them.

Never knew about that medley, it make sense, thanks for bring that.
About "Enth E Nd", the song is listed on the known list here in the site, is that song confirmed to be played or is a guess based on shared info from both Summer Sonic dates? (both dates have the same list, it's not hard to assuming that. The song is also the only one without audiovisual proof based on the cited sources on both pages):
https://lplive.net/shows/fortminor/20060812f
https://lplive.net/shows/fortminor/20060813f

4 minutes ago, MatPac13 said:

About "Enth E Nd", the song is listed on the known list here in the site, is that song confirmed to be played or is a guess based on shared info from both Summer Sonic dates? (both dates have the same list, it's not hard to assuming that. The song is also the only one without audiovisual proof based on the cited sources on both pages):
https://lplive.net/shows/fortminor/20060812f
https://lplive.net/shows/fortminor/20060813f

No, that was just a mistake because they played in Japan in 2005 and there's an interview with footage of Enth E Nd. We thought it was from 2006.