Forgotten Track: State Of The Art

hahninator

Remember when Chester and DJ Lethal got together and recorded a track together in 2002? It was called State Of The Art. Everyone was hyped for it, but we were never able to get a full rip of the track. The radio program Scratch N Sniff played the song with a bunch of "Scratch N Sniff" promo samples put all throughout it, but the recording spread around the net. A fan removed the samples, edited it all back together, and that's what has been circulating ever since. I think the DJ hosts did some LPAssociation shoutouts when they played the song as well.

So if they made the track in 2002, what the hell happened to it? Well, DJ Lethal was going to do a solo record but the release date kept getting pushed further and further back, presumably because of label problems. DJ Lethal's MySpace page here has literally said, "LETHALDOSE RECORDS LAUNCHING WITH KOCH DISTRIBUTION !!!!!!!! DJ LETHAL SOLO RECORD COMING SOON!!!!" since at least 2005, if not before that. So what's up with "Lethaldose Records"? Does anyone know? Limp Bizkit is back together and touring, so will Lethal ever release that album? Is this a track we are never going to get? What does everyone think? All attempts to contact Lethal over the past 5 years have been 100% unsuccessful and noone has ever gotten a response from him regarding the song. Hopefully that will change someday, right? It's a great song....

You can listen to the rough edit of it right

, courtesy of YouTube. Just thought I'd bring this up in case noone has ever seen it or if anyone was wondering what happened to the release of the song. The answer is: I have no idea, sadly.

A fan removed the samples, edited it all back together, and that's what has been circulating ever since.

That "fan" was ME, nukka! =D

Edited by rav0k

I don't think Lethal's solo album will ever be released. If this track ever comes out, it'll probably be on some kind of outtakes/rarities compilation years down the line. FYI, it was recorded even earlier than 2002, there's an interview with LP from sometime in the fall of '01 where Mike talks about how he had just done a track with the X-Ecutioners, and Chester had done a track with DJ Lethal. I had the link a few months ago but I've forgotten it.

I really wish it wouldn't have gotten cut from that videogame soundtrack it was supposed to be released on a couple years ago.

Wow...yeah this was a while back. Russianrocket and JoshW had their own website, "The Untitled", or whatever it was called and they wanted me to try and get the ads out. I spent a whole day copying and pasting the beats from later parts in the song and crap just to get the annoying "SKRATCH AND SNIFF" voice out. lol! Wayyyy back. It was some paintball game they were supposed to release it on, wasn't it?

Ah yeah I forgot about that. Does anyone (Ravok) have the full version that aired on the radio with the promo snippets still in it? I'd like to put it up for DL if anyone has it. Damn I forgot about the paintball game, we were so excited for it. That's the last thing I remember about the track actually. I forgot about it and had no idea until now that it got cut - wow.

And 2001? Daaaaaang that's even earlier than I thought. It's got the signature "early LP" Chester voice on it and sounds great. I have some doubts about it ever coming out...I'd say it's maybe a 20% chance.

Ah yeah I forgot about that. Does anyone (Ravok) have the full version that aired on the radio with the promo snippets still in it? I'd like to put it up for DL if anyone has it. Damn I forgot about the paintball game, we were so excited for it. That's the last thing I remember about the track actually. I forgot about it and had no idea until now that it got cut - wow.

And 2001? Daaaaaang that's even earlier than I thought. It's got the signature "early LP" Chester voice on it and sounds great. I have some doubts about it ever coming out...I'd say it's maybe a 20% chance.

I will check my old PC in a couple hours. (Watching a Korn live show right now :lol:) It might still be on there. Heck dude..it might even be on my mom's PC...that was so long ago, I don't think I was allowed to have my own computer yet. lmao

Nope...computer fried in a flood. I remember the name of it though..it was SOTA (Ads Version). Something along those lines. It definitely was called SOTA when Jeff (RussianRocket) sent it to me before I mixed it, if anyone else thinks they might be able to find it.

Edited by rav0k

go 2 the armpit.net and pm him directly. or go 2 limpbizkit.com and if he's on chat get him then. any armpit member can get a hold of him inclduing me. but i'm too busy to do it.

WTF? Arent u suppose to be busy and getting married like right now? Or be on your honeymooon? Or be like dancing and shit? haha

anyways. Dont they have twitter?

Since people were requesting it, here's the original radio rip of State of the Art with the ads in it (I also stuck the LPA shoutouts at the beginning): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4DOGR5J

This hasn't been touched on my hard drive since the night I ripped it, lol.

And the videogame it was supposed to be in was Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'D.

Edited by Astat

Nice find man. :] Can't believe people spread that "no-ads" shit around as "official" -_-' Now if only my real songs could get that much popularity....lmfao..

Since people were requesting it, here's the original radio rip of State of the Art with the ads in it (I also stuck the LPA shoutouts at the beginning): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4DOGR5J

And the videogame it was supposed to be in was Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'D.

Well, looks like it's more longer version comparing to what I had. It has all the talk before and after the song. But also it's stereo, and I had mono. Thanks for an upgrade :)

Okay, if any staff member sees this (If you could put this in the news topic), I created a video on youtube explaining the "official" version of State of the Art. If anyone sees anything that I need to add, credit-wise..just let me know so I can give you credits on the video or something with annotations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAc3WnBHubA

It's funny seeing an amateur thing that I created being all over the web as the official track. :lol: I never realized it until Mark made this post.

Edited by rav0k

haha...we should get a petition going...

and, like, send it to someone of importance... who could get in touch with people that have access to the real original track... i.e. Lethal...

Build it up like we, the fans, require this long lost gem. :)

Thank you for this! I've been wanting to hear the original broadcast for a while. That ending is completely sick!

If anyone is feeling ambitious, maybe you could contact the radio station: http://www.snsmix.com/

Maybe we could get a podcast of the original broadcast? (Given anyone remembers the original airdate).

DJ Lethal also has a twitter account: http://twitter.com/djlethal

Last summer I was driving around with some friends and Scratch and Sniff was being broadcast on my local rock station and they played State of the Art. Those guys still have the song, if only we could get it from them!