Meteora|20 Live DVDs

LPLStaff

we have new proshots sources for Wish and P5hng Me A*Wy

Nobody's Listening for the first time

and many other things

I hoped we would get summersonic 2006 or MFR 2005 shows in this release but I'm totally okey with what they shared with us

watched both 2003 shows and love them both but the Seoul show is something...isn't it?

The live shows in the box set are incredible. My favorite show is Denver, Chester is going insane on every song. Highlights of that show for me are Figure.09, with Chester’s insane roars, ITE when Mike goes into the crowd and fans start pulling his pants down. “I don’t think Mike’s ever been violated like that before” LMAO. Intro of APFMH someone throws a condom on stage & then the bridge where Chester says “Daddy’s on board now”. Philly is awesome too and there’s a moment before Papercut where Mike mentions that fans were cheering when girls took their tops off and he says that “I know we can’t compete with that, but can we get ALMOST as loud as that?” Seoul is epic to have because it’s such a long set, highlights for that show for me is the performance of Nobody’s Listening & My December in the encore. Crowd is going CRAZY. Manila is great too & while lacks some of the highlights of Denver & Philly (in my opinion) is still an incredible show. Overall I’d rank it:

1. Denver

2. Philly

3. Seoul 

4. Manila. 
I’m not disappointed with any of them at all & I am SUPER happy that they not only released them but released them uncut. 

My ranking is the same as xxHybridXeroxx! I watched them all in order and got amazed by all of them.... But when Denver started, dammmm... Chester is screaming on every single word of every song LOL.

It's def insane! Philly show if very important for me because its the Summer Sanitarium Tour, one of my fav ones and we have a very small amount of videos from that tour.

Seoul is so cool, their asian tour kicked ass! I can't even imagine how the whole tour would be including the famous Buddokan shows.

Manila is "different". It has a different atmosphere, language barrier and such... And it is good to see how people react to the band live worldwide. Even considering the audio/mics a bit low volume (Manila show), I am 100% grateful for the shows picked up for the release. (not complaining about any show)

Very well choices by the crew!

I am praying the band start releasing stuff like that for the fan base... I love shows and we still have too much to watch.

1. Denver

2. Philly

3. Seoul 

4. Manila. 

Edited by felipeintheend

Absolutely love them all. Really great releases, giving us a ton of awesome footage we've wanted for ages - especially the Figure.09/From the Inside transition and Breaking the Habit/Numb transition. Projekt Revolution 2002 and 2004 proshots are probably the two "most wanted" shows to be released in the community and they did those with HT20 and Meteora 20.

1. Denver. My favorite because of the setlist, probably my favorite they have ever done. All of the intros, outros, and everything are just great and that's when Chester's screaming was just absolutely wild during the show. Wish into One Step Closer is just epic. What can I say... amazing show.

2. Seoul. Crowd is so crazy and the band's energy rocks. It's the night time / full production version of the Live in Texas show so we get the good lighting and even an extended setlist - Nobody's Listening and My December are very cool. Didn't know Chester sat on the front of the stage at this time to sing My December. The encore blows the entire building up... APFMH is chaos.

3. Manila. Night time version of the Rock am Ring show. Great crowd and performance, the band is in the zone at this. Again, an insane encore at this one too. Very good show.

4. Philly. The mixdown of the cameras bothers me for who they focus on during certain points on the songs. It's a great show and the crowd seems rowdier than the Live in Texas crowds in Houston and Dallas, actually. But LP has always had an incredibly fan base in Philly/Camden. 

One day would love a Meteora arena tour show from early 2004 and an audio pro mix of the Projekt Rev 2004 set then I am completely set on the Meteora era as far as live releases go. Very good box set!

18 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

How are they're gonna improve this in the next boxsets? I mean, there's the DSP program, so we already have good quality versions of almost any show...

The DPSs were mixed by Pooch very quickly, the quality is not that great but what else can you expect for all the shows that were released?

Ethan can mix some shows and make them sound great.

1 hour ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

The DPSs were mixed by Pooch very quickly, the quality is not that great but what else can you expect for all the shows that were released?

Ethan can mix some shows and make them sound great.

The Rock am Ring 07 show would be a killer option. Band was on fire from OSC to Faint

They can do it. There is plenty of material for MTM.

Webster Hall "making of" footage. Summer Sonic 2006 if they want with QWERTY. Clarkston 2007. MSG 2008 in house video feed if they want. Put Berlin 2008 on vinyl. Put a 2008 Reading My Eyes show out there, like Munich 2008 in house feed. KROQ Acoustic Christmas 2007 is a great show. They may have more stuff on video that we don't know about. 

My picks for live shows:

DVD: Summer Sonic 2006

DVD: Rock am Ring 2007

DVD: Clarkston 2007

DVD: KROQ Acoustic Christmas 2007
Vinyl: Berlin 2008

maybe a live CD or something of Munich 2008, some show with RME

150 demos lol

18 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Webster Hall "making of" footage. Summer Sonic 2006 if they want with QWERTY. Clarkston 2007. MSG 2008 in house video feed if they want. Put Berlin 2008 on vinyl. Put a 2008 Reading My Eyes show out there, like Munich 2008 in house feed. KROQ Acoustic Christmas 2007 is a great show. They may have more stuff on video that we don't know about. 

My picks for live shows:

150 demos lol

Do not forget the Umbrella cover ProShot we've never had.

22 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

My picks for live shows:

150 demos lol

But in a live CD they would have to cut tracks, that's the only issue

3 hours ago, ShineWolf said:

No Roads Left (Chester Version)

In Between (Chester Version)

exclusive on the only 400 dollars box.

I would buy it. LOL

Man MTM was such a huge and incredibile era, they can create something masterful with this one....

Although I think that from MTM onwards it will be even more focused on hardcore fans. You know, it was the first "betrayal" from the band

3 hours ago, bloodbath said:

But in a live CD they would have to cut tracks, that's the only issue

Then this is a great opportunity to use the new version of the LPU to release a show exclusively to them digitally, and pick Munich 08 or some show on that tour with RME.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:40 PM, LPLStaff said:

My picks for live shows:

150 demos lol

summer sonic 06' is the show on dvd that every fan needs.
that would be insane if it happens.
we still have 4 years ahead of us to find out lol

In closer possibilities, I believe that next year we will have something for Collision course.
it was an important someone that won them a Grammy.

I would bet on something smaller of course.

maybe a cd+vinyl+bluray with extra and extended footage from the making of and the full show at The Roxy.

I would be extremely happy with that of course!

16 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

summer sonic 06' is the show on dvd that every fan needs.
that would be insane if it happens.
we still have 4 years ahead of us to find out lol

In closer possibilities, I believe that next year we will have something for Collision course.
it was an important someone that won them a Grammy.

I would bet on something smaller of course.

maybe a cd+vinyl+bluray with extra and extended footage from the making of and the full show at The Roxy.

I would be extremely happy with that of course!

What a better way to celebrate 20 years of a financial turmoil with their label than another turmoil with a different label 😂. Add the Live 8 in full in that package with a proper remaster and we're all set. It's going to be a royalties nightmare anyway so....

13 hours ago, Ex97 said:

They could definitely do it and I think they will. A lot of people forget that Mike and the band love Minutes To Midnight, it’s not only A Thousand Suns and the later albums after that. Mike even said himself that A Thousand Suns would have never been possible if not for Minutes To Midnight before it. Mike also mentioned in a 2014 interview how important of a time making Minutes To Midnight was for the band, not just because they reinvented their sound, but also because he said they really grew as friends and as a band during the period, and he said especially with Chester, how close they became during the making of the album. He also said the only 3 pictures he had of the band in his home studio were from that time period (this was at his old house before he moved after 2017, he shared the photos on his blog in 2010, they were 3 black and white photos of them hanging out at the Houdini House). Mike also mentioned in the album booklet thanking his friends and family for allowing his obsession with this album and to make it perfect. 

Phoenix also said in 2017 how much he loved the album and how special it was for him. Brad also really loves the album and praises it a lot actually if you look at past interviews, not just from the time period either. I have a feeling Rob loves it too. Joe as well. I feel like they will do each album as a box set when the time comes, especially Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns for sure. 

As mentioned, there are 150 demos. The band narrowed down to 80 and then 30 that were basically fully fleshed out songs, then 18, then the 12 (or 13) that made the album. There are for sure basically full songs we still haven’t heard yet, at least a couple, trust me. Mike even said when asked about the 18 song thing that it could even be a song we haven’t heard yet, and that was after all the demos we have been released. Plenty of material for a ‘’Lost Demos’’ disc from the album as well as the other discs of LPU Rarities and Live tracks, etc, and they’ll probably do Road To Revolution as a live album in audio like they did with Texas and Nottingham on Meteora, maybe even Webster Hall in audio form as well.

I also think they consider 2005 and 2006 as MTM era. When asked why QWERTY wasn’t on Meteora 20, Mike said ‘’isn’t that more MTM though?’’. It is. The band started writing Minutes in November of 2005 according to Brad in ultimateguitar and they worked up until December of 2006 and then started the mixing and mastering etc. Salton Sea photo shoot was in February of 2007 according to Greg Watermann who had the dates on the photos saved as well as Frank and others. We will for sure get the two 2005 demos (Divided and After Canada) and all the 2006 and ‘’2007’’ LPU demos on Minutes 20, maybe even the 2008 ones like Malathion and Blanka since IMO they are more Minutes, they were written a month before PR08 even took place. If they save those for ATS 20 I don’t care though. But for sure we will get the 2005, 2006 and ‘’2007’’ Minutes demos on Minutes 20. 

As far as live content, there’s so much in terms of DVD’s. I hope we can get 5 shows.

Rock Am Ring 2007 for sure. Probably the biggest holy grail show of the fan base now that we got a PR02 and PR04 show on DVD.  Band is blowing up huge, flawless performance. Only show that rivals it is Bamboozle 2007 as far as pre-PR07 shows IMO, if we could get both that would be amazing but Rock Am Ring 2007 for sure if a choice of the two. 

Clarkston 2007 for sure (look how gorgeous the LP Kahzakstan source is on YouTube, and the whole show is amazingly captured and totally captures the PR07 atmosphere. If not Clarkston then def another PR07 show because even recently on SiriusXM Mike mentioned MCR again for the 80th time in the last few years and talked for like 5 mins about how epic PR07 was for the band and how it was basically his favorite tour they ever did. They have to include PR07 as a full show in video whether it’s Clarkston or not).

MSG 2008. Too huge of a show and too epic of a show and set not to include here. MSG 2011 was epic but so wasn’t MSG 2008, don’t sleep on it! Watch it on YouTube if you haven’t in a while. Amazing show and huge show for the band at the time. Plus Jay-Z coming out and NYC blowing up… you also get My December, APFMH, etc. Chester mentioning Sal in the crowd, etc. MTM US Arena Tour before Chester got sick mid way through was actually a really good tour. Band was killing it. Chester pulled off the full Given Up scream twice in like a week at two different shows. WID Ambo intro. All kinds of good shit. 

Athens 2008. I’m gonna be biased here but I really would love this show. Perfect set list. You get RME. Band’s first show in Greece. Much better than the 2009 show. Chester and the band praised the crowd and Greece many times during this show. Energy was insane if you watch the videos. I love Fiore was on stage filming and Chester was making out with Talinda on RME side stage before his chorus came in and then he runs out and flips off Fiore jokingly. Band was just having a blast on stage here. Captures the epic Europe 2008 Summer Tour we desperately need (not just RTR). LPTV had tons of footage from them walking around Greece and footage of them on stage, there is a pro shot of Numb during LPTV from the tour, they have to have this epic ass show. I would be so happy.

BUT IF NOT

Berlin 2008. We desperately need something from that EPIC Europe 2008 Summer Tour besides RTR and this was a fantastic show. Was also shown during LPTV so we know they have it. Massive size crowd and Chester and whole band sounding flawless. Valentine’s Day as a summer performance. We don’t need both Athens and Berlin though, pick one or the other so we can have room for one more MTM show. 

Something from PR08. Closes out the MTM tour and they toured with Chris Cornell here and I feel like it would be a good nod from the band to him and also Chester who loved him… I hate to say it but if Chris didn’t do what he did I think Chester might still be here so I think we have to honor them with this tour on here, too important not to. Any show will do really. Tons of proshot footage was shown on LPTV from many shows. You know what was a good one? Mansfield. First show of the tour and you get Busta. That proshot video clip of We Made It there is great. If not that one maybe Camden, maybe one of the Cali shows, maybe Woodlands. Has to have Chris on Crawling though no matter what.

EDIT: How could I have forgotten Tokyo 2006? We need that one for sure. Probably the most requested fan show of all at this point. But honestly if it’s that or Rock Am Ring 2007 I’d rather have Rock Am Ring 2007 not gonna lie. 

As far as the live shows included with Meteora 20, I don’t think even I could have picked better shows. They’re so amazing. Perfect, really.

Denver 2004 is a perfect PR04 DVD, Chester blowing up huge, you get the Gacela intro, funny banter, Figure.09 transition screaming, Bert on Faint, Jonathan on OSC, etc. Only thing missing is Snoop but fuck it. Bert on Faint is better IMHO. 

Manila 2004 is also perfect. Love how you described it as Rock Am Ring 2004 but at night. I totally love the night time vibe and it’s a totally foreign country for the band at the time which is epic. Love seeing the crowd. Whoever that dude who came up on APFMH was awesome haha. I love Chester’s outfit here too. Probably the most ‘’emo’’ he has ever looked. Haha. Band was killing it though. I really like the show a lot. So glad we got it. 

Philly 2003 is awesome. Love having the Devil Worship intro in HQ and a full Summer Sanitarium set in this way. Funny banter and Chester and Mike sound good. Not better than Live In Texas performance wise but who cares it’s still epic and I’m totally glad we got it.

Seoul 2003 is just fantastic. Huge set. Really a great show to release. Love it. I need to rewatch it again tonight as I’ve been playing the 2004 shows too much. 

If I had to rank them I’d say Denver is my favorite, Seoul is second, Manila is third and Philly is 4th. But Manila is very very good, something about that show I like, idk why, it seems kind of like raw and gritty Summer night type energy or something and I love that.

That's the fucking bible up here. I hated MTM when it came out, but I was just a 16 year old brat. Anyway, the whole cycle was fantastic, it was full of great shows, huge setlists... I just ask for a full show with Faint as a show closer

Great points about Projekt Revolution 2008. The collaborations with Chris - you can include the Hunger Strike video as a bonus track on the DVD, the one Cornell put on YouTube. LP absolutely can get the rights/permission to do that as they even put Hunger Strike audio on Songs from the Underground (can't forget that for the MTM Live Rarities Disc, again another good nod to Chris). And Crawling will be great to see. It doesn't all have to be the EPIC insane quality stuff - Tokyo 2006, Rock am Ring 2007, and Clarkston 2007 can be your elite quality videos and then put a PR08 show on for good measure and either MSG, KROQ 2007, or Europe summer 2008... or hell, even Europe winter 2008 or Australia 2007. There are so many options.

Again - a situation where you can't lose no matter what you pick. Just Tokyo, Rock am Ring, Clarkston and a random show would make the fanbase go wild.

Love Manila 2004 too. The band is on fire. It's the whole vibe of Seoul and Manila for me. Seoul is the night time production at a huge show for that setlist, we've only seen Live in Texas in the daytime for that setlist. And Manila, same thing with the Rock am Ring daytime show. The lighting and vibes are all there, the band is kicking ass. Could really care less at all about the quality, it's more about the actual show picked. And they picked some elite fucking shows for Meteora 20.

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Great points about Projekt Revolution 2008. The collaborations with Chris - you can include the Hunger Strike video as a bonus track on the DVD, the one Cornell put on YouTube. LP absolutely can get the rights/permission to do that as they even put Hunger Strike audio on Songs from the Underground (can't forget that for the MTM Live Rarities Disc, again another good nod to Chris). And Crawling will be great to see. It doesn't all have to be the EPIC insane quality stuff - Tokyo 2006, Rock am Ring 2007, and Clarkston 2007 can be your elite quality videos and then put a PR08 show on for good measure and either MSG, KROQ 2007, or Europe summer 2008... or hell, even Europe winter 2008 or Australia 2007. There are so many options.

Again - a situation where you can't lose no matter what you pick. Just Tokyo, Rock am Ring, Clarkston and a random show would make the fanbase go wild.

Love Manila 2004 too. The band is on fire. It's the whole vibe of Seoul and Manila for me. Seoul is the night time production at a huge show for that setlist, we've only seen Live in Texas in the daytime for that setlist. And Manila, same thing with the Rock am Ring daytime show. The lighting and vibes are all there, the band is kicking ass. Could really care less at all about the quality, it's more about the actual show picked. And they picked some elite fucking shows for Meteora 20.

MTM Live Rarities? That's official?

5 hours ago, Ex97 said:

Sorry I didn’t mean to make it about MTM. I thought about that after I posted. But I felt like it would be a good discussion and would be good to have a thread of info on it for the future when we start looking at 2027. Maybe the mods can move it to a new thread of it’s own? I don’t mean to not talk about the epic Meteora 20 DVD’s because they’re amazing and I’m super grateful the band did them. I could talk about them for days. I’m still digesting all the content we got. Gonna be watching them as I fall asleep on my TV for months. Nottingham 2003 is also amazing, I keep playing it.

All good. You weren't the only one and we don't need to be too strict on here. Glad you enjoy M20 as much and that you seem to have a more positive attitude, G-man ;)

9 hours ago, Ex97 said:

Not official yet but since they followed the same formula with Meteora 20 as Hybrid 20 I assume they would do it.

However I just noticed there is no way everything would fit unless they make more CD’s and DVD’s which I wouldn’t mind paying more for but I know some fans wouldn’t care as much since this will be Minutes 20 and I’m not sure if the band would want to but I hope they would. If you include LPU 5, LPU 6, LPU 7, LPU 8 and then all the demos from MTM we got through 9 through 16 they would have to do maybe 2 or 3 discs. And that’s just LPU Rarities. 

We then would have the live tracks from the singles, SoHo, Songs From The Underground and various other bonus tracks from the albums and other tracks from other things. There is a ton of content, same as ATS too. The albums after ATS won’t have as much like Meteora. But MTM and ATS have a ton of stuff.

IMO they don’t need to include 2005 and 2006 live stuff but many fans will be pissed and I want that stuff too. I also don’t consider 2009 as MTM era that’s more early ATS as they were well into writing ATS at that point and that will be just even more live shit to include.

Unfortunately they probably will have to cut stuff. That’s just the way it is unless they want to release more CD’s and DVD’s which would be amazing.

As far as DVD content, great points LPLive Staff. Making Of Minutes, they could do a mix of the Webster Hall showing version and the DVD if they wanted to give us a proper full version. Then maybe some LPTV on a disc with an hour or so of the great LPTV content from 2007 and 2008 they have. So many iconic ones there such as Unicorns and Lollipops, the epic PR07 LPTV footage, epic PR08 footage from LPTV and more. Then like said above, Tokyo 2006, I think they will choose 8.13.06 but if they want to 8.10.06 or Osaka 8.12.06 I wouldn’t be opposed. Definitely RAR 2007 and Clarkston 2007. Then two 2008 shows, my pick would be a Summer Europe 2008 show and maybe either MSG 2008 or PR08. Great point that we already have Hunger Strike and Crawling as tracks, we don’t really need a PR08 full show then honestly. MSG 2008 was better IMO. If they want to be very generous and do one more, an Australia 2007 one would be sweet. Maybe Europe 2008 winter. Asia 2007 nothing too special IMO except maybe Shanghai 2007 as it was a massive crowd, maybe that one actually. Imagine if we got the show Chaz broke his wrist? Damn that was badass. Chris even said on Loveline in 2008 that it was ‘’the most rockstar shit he has ever seen since the early 90’s’’ and I agree. 

MTM simply just has too much. And if you include 2005 and 2006 live stuff it gets crazy. I hope they don’t cut those years but I have a bad feeling they will.

What if LP and Jay want to do a Collision Course 20? LOL you never know. 2005 and 2006 live years were almost in a way ‘’Collision Course era’’ since both 2005 shows had Jay-Z and 2006 they won the Grammy for Numb/Encore. 2006 Japan was more of like a ‘’greatest hits’’ set for the era so fuck it why not? I’d pay the money. Collision was huge for the band and for the world. People still talk about it to this day. Jay also did honor Chester in 2017 on BBC when he did Numb/Encore, that was dope. I feel like he still respects the band even though him and Mike don’t hang out and shit. And if you watch the Sway interview from 2018, Mike says he would be down to talk with Jay again. This totally is a huge what if but you never know. That way MTM 20 could be all 2007 and 2008 and we could fit it all and the 2005 and 2006 live shit could be on CC20. 

Indeed, they have 4 years to face a huge problem. I assume they can cut all the rehearsal tracks and the live B-Sides that were taken from the DSPs, but yeah, even the LPU stuff doesn't even fit into a single CD. I'd leave out the LPU5, since that's pure CC era, the LPU7 because it was an obvious cashgrab, but then we go into the tricky stuff. You can't create a live Rarities 2006/2008 like in this Meteora 20 since there were barely any live B-Sides (yeah, I'm excluding the DSP) and as I said before, a live CD is limited, but you can't put 3000 vinyls in the box set... It's gonna be a wonderful messy problem

What I most expect from MTM20 is demos we've never heard with at least 4 or 5 vocals.
A DVD of the 06' Japan concert is what we've all wanted for years, it's insane to think if the band releases it.
a PR 2008 show, with chris sing "crawling", "we made it" with busta, in Pieces live, wow for me just these two shows and some of these demos would be very satisfied, of course it will be something much bigger lol.

but we still have 4 years ahead lol in 2027.
the closest thing to happening is the CC20th, as I said before, I don't think it's going to be as big as HT20 and MT20, but a making off dvd with extended footage and extras + full show at ROXY would be amazing.
but who knows, they might decide to do a box lol.
we will have to wait and see what the band will come up with.

Even if there is no physical release of CC20, they should at least celebrate and put the live show on streaming (or, thinking in a fun way, press it to vinyl too). Full Roxy set meaning the songs before Jay-Z and then the take of the LPJZ songs on the CC live DVD. Just toss that out on YouTube or streaming and call it a day.