Meteora|20 Live DVDs

LPLStaff

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Even if there is no physical release of CC20, they should at least celebrate and put the live show on streaming (or, thinking in a fun way, press it to vinyl too). Full Roxy set meaning the songs before Jay-Z and then the take of the LPJZ songs on the CC live DVD. Just toss that out on YouTube or streaming and call it a day.

I agree!
We would be super happy with this full show!
Medley Step/Goin Down/Listening on this show is the best I've ever heard.

7 hours ago, Ex97 said:

I just read an interview from Brad and Mike about MTM’s 15 year anniversary and Brad said he doesn’t really consider it a celebration of the album and basically hinting they want to a proper MTM 20. I’m so glad he said that because I’m not sure how putting up a couple bonus tracks that were available in 2007 is considered the celebration for MTM. 

2027 I cannot wait. I want Grecian in the farthest form it got before it was abandoned for QWERTY, keep in mind, they were originally going to play Grecian in Japan. Grecian is the Pictureboard and Lost of MTM20. So we need that. I want Chester’s vocal takes of In Between and No Roads Left. We know they exist they flat out said they did. We have a lot of MTM demos and we don’t at the same time. There were like 150 songs. Remember Joe saying on the DVD that they wrote dance songs and heavy metal songs, etc. 

What about Fire In The City? The 2005 Machine Shop song that was completed but scrapped. There are also apparently demos called ‘’Alaska’’ and something else I can’t remember the name of that weren’t shown on The Making Of MTM.

Mike said in 2017 that The Last Line should have came out during MTM era. So I want the original MTM Neal Avron mix for that. We need Blackbirds desperately on a physical release, I hope the band doesn’t think Blackbirds is a ATS bonus track because it’s not. Not Alone as well, we need that on a physical release. Maybe they can give us the original Blackbirds and original Not Alone before they tweaked them up, that would be cool. 

Fans constantly ask why QWERTY isn’t on streaming. Well here is the opportunity finally, put the studio version and the LPU6 live one on there for them. 

I guarantee there are fully done MTM songs that we have not heard yet or even know about. At least 2 or 3. So put those on there. I would love demos of songs on the album too such as Valentine’s Day, Shadow of the Day with the banjo, Song Q with the singing before Rick suggested Mike rap, etc. So many epic things we could get. We just need to remind the band of this stuff when the time comes, it’s 3 years away and then some.

MTM is to LP what The River is to Springsteen. A period full of creativity. We could have 2cds of fully finished songs with vocals and a few instrumentals. Not all of them are gonna be great but...

10 hours ago, Ex97 said:

Agreed. If they do a physical one it doesn’t have to be massive like HT20 or Meteora20. They could give us the EP and then the full Roxy show and of course the making of. I still think including Live 8 and maybe even 2006 live would be cool but if they want to save that for MTM that’s fine, I just hope it doesn’t get skipped over when the time comes. 

I was thinking though, they released CC on Vinyl in 2014 again and the DVD was also included with it, but not CD, they have never released just the DVD before then. And they released RTR in 2016 again too on vinyl which has a few CC songs. Do they need Jay’s permission to do a CC20? I know Mike said releasing the album originally was hard because of all the record label stuff for both but that was releasing it at first, I am thinking to do just do a re-release they wouldn’t really need to do anything. Just a thought. And I’m sure Jay would be cool with it, as far as I know he still respects LP (he paid respect to Chester several times over the years after he passed). I think Jay would be in on it. 

I know a lot of fans don’t love Jay but still CC was huge. And people really want that Roxy show in full. It’s fantastic sounding and so cool to see LP in a club like that that far into their career. Plus let’s be honest, the CC stuff has always kicked ass live.

They could release 1 CD (the EP), 3 DVD’s (Roxy 2004 in full and making of, Live 8 in full and Anaheim 2005 in full on same disc, and Tokyo 2006). 

3 DVDs seems excessive to me. Tokyo 2006 is way more MTM, we just can wish it's on the next box set. The Roxy, making of and Live 8 fit on a DVD. I even include the LPU5 tracks (remastered, obv) as bonus tracks on the main CD.