Are you going to buy the Meteora20 boxset or one of the smaller/cheaper versions?

blackout

Are you going to buy the Meteora20 boxset or one of the smaller/cheaper versions?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Meteora20 have you bought?

• Limited Edition Super Deluxe Box Set
    • Deluxe Vinyl Box Set (4 vinyls)
    • 3CD Version
    • I haven't bought any version yet but I'm going to buy one soon
    • I haven't bought any version and I don't plan to buy it
    • I've bought a few different editions

I have a hard time deciding whether to buy the Meteora20 boxset or not. I'd like to have it in a way but the price is so high... I feel like the money won't be spent on anything useful. I don't have a record player so vinyls are useless for me (maybe I will buy one in the future but it's rather unlikely). I'd love to have all DVDs and CDs, especially the live shows and the Lost Demos CD, however I'm not sure if these two elements justify spending so much money. Especially that the whole album will be on Spotify and the DVDs will sooner or later leak onto YouTube. I bought the Hybrid Theory boxset but it was cheaper. If I don't buy the biggest boxset, I am definitely going to buy the 3CD version. That's why I created a poll with different options to see how many people have decided to buy one of the smaller versions. I'd like to see what's your perspective on the problem. Are you going to buy it simply because it's Linkin Park and "I don't care about money" or have you had some doubts about spending money on it?

Edited by blackout

I will buy the super deluxe version, but only in the middle of the year between July or August, as I need to organize my finances, also because I have a wife and child so $200 is a considerable amount of money.

something else too, I'll buy it through Amazon, because on the Warner/band website I had problems with the HT20.

I was going to preorder the super deluxe, but then the opportunity to get out of debt came up and I spent (amongst more) the money I’d been putting aside for two years on that instead

I’ll grab it one day, but for now I have priorities

7 hours ago, Ex97 said:

I always thought Adam sucked too though, Lorenzo, all those people. But that’s just me. 

They do a fucking great job for the fans, except for the CONSTANT rebuilding of the LPU website - once again the servers are changing and migrating to a new service and you’ll need to save this and that, you’ll lose posts, the app is obsolete, etc etc etc

I pre-ordered the 3 CDs bundle, maybe it is stupid but I want something to celebrate M20 but at the same time I don't care THAT much about vynils and live shows so it'd be basically something I'd watch once/twice and then put on a shelf for years. Don't get me wrong, the box set is amazing and not even THAT expensive, but it's me. I bought Amends super Deluxe and last time I opened the picture book was like 2021 

7 hours ago, Ex97 said:

I don’t understand why they didn’t announce it in December so people would buy it for Christmas/Holidays. And then just have it release in March when the actual 20th anniversary was supposed to be, not April. I think maybe they weren’t going to do an anniversary but once they saw the demand put the idea together last minute idk. If not then whoever runs their merch and stuff like that sucks. I always thought Adam sucked too though, Lorenzo, all those people. But that’s just me. 

Either way I ordered the super deluxe and I got the CD too so I can have the proper mix of Lost. Meteora is supposed to have guitar and the Manny mix of Lost has barely any. 

A Christmas presale was the perfect moment for the announcement.

8 hours ago, Ex97 said:

I don’t understand why they didn’t announce it in December so people would buy it for Christmas/Holidays. I think maybe they weren’t going to do an anniversary but once they saw the demand put the idea together last minute idk.

Well, originally they planned to that. They were ready to put out the pre-order before the holidays.

9 hours ago, Ex97 said:

And then just have it release in March when the actual 20th anniversary was supposed to be, not April.

Postponed from March to April due to LIT and LIN. Those are atleast two reasons we know, could be something else // (this could be also +1 reason why they didn't launch the pre-order in December).

9 hours ago, Ex97 said:

If not then whoever runs their merch and stuff like that sucks. I always thought Adam sucked too though, Lorenzo, all those people.

Warner runs it. The mentioned by you people has nothing to do with what you said.

Thank you all for the contribution!

1 hour ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

I pre-ordered the 3 CDs bundle, maybe it is stupid but I want something to celebrate M20 but at the same time I don't care THAT much about vynils and live shows so it'd be basically something I'd watch once/twice and then put on a shelf for years. Don't get me wrong, the box set is amazing and not even THAT expensive, but it's me. I bought Amends super Deluxe and last time I opened the picture book was like 2021 

It's not stupid at all. I'm in a similar situation. I'd love to have something related to Meteora20 but at the same time I don't really care about vinlys as I don't have a record player. That's why I'm thinking about buying the 3CD version. It sucks that they didn't include at least the Lost Demos CD. The best solution would be CD+DVD edition. I'd buy it straight away.

What I would really like to watch immediately after the release is the live shows and it sucks that if I buy the 3CD edition, I will have to search for it on the internet 😂 It'd be great to have the deluxe boxset to have everything but let's be honest, I'd mostly pay for something that I wouldn't use (vinyls, for example) and only the small amount of money spent is on something that I really want (CDs, DVDs and the book).

When it comes to your situation with Amends Super Deluxe, I think it's a bit similar for me with HT20. I bought the deluxe boxset but I rarely use something from it. I have watched all DVDs once, read the book twice. Sometimes I listen to the CDs. 

I still don't know. I'd like to listen to the original CDs, watch DVDs and simply have it but I don't if the amount of money spent is justifiable in any way.

37 minutes ago, martinez said:

Listen all the content after April 7 and watch all the dvds online and then you will decide what to do.

Where will the dvds be available to stream online from the deluxe box set? 

1 hour ago, martinez said:

Listen all the content after April 7 and watch all the dvds online and then you will decide what to do.

I think it will be difficult to find the DVDs online, right? They will probably leak in around half a year after the release at the earliest. Well, also if I watch and listen everything online without buying then I won't have any reasons to buy the boxset. I'd buy it for the content not for the box itself.

Gladly my father doesn't know what to get me for birthday and stuff so he supports me getting the Super Deluxe, as he did with HT20. But if I had the money I would buy the Vinyl edition too, it's a shame those editions have exclusives, I'm a sucker for Vinyls.

If I were to buy one on my own it would be 3CD I guess

I couldn't resist and I bought the Super Deluxe Box Set today! I'm sure I won't regret it and forget about the price soon. Maybe I will buy a record player one day? I've really wanted the DVDs and CDs. I cannot say no to Linkin Park...

Edited by blackout

40 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

I got an email from Amazon saying that my estimated delivery date is May 2nd. 😭

Wow! I bought it from a Polish store and they told me that I'd probably get it on the 7th of April. I hope I won't get it in May. My plan is to listen to all the tracks for the first time from the official CD. I don't want to wait until May to listen to the Lost Demos... I hope it's just Amazon and not all distributors.

• 2 weeks later...