Mike Shinoda - New song "In My Head" featured in Scream VI, PVRIS collaboration, and "a lot in store for Linkin Park fans"

PeppePark

After some teases and hints that we talked you about on this previous thread, Mike Shinoda officially confirmed he has 2 songs in the movie Scream VI, set to be released in the United States on March 10, 2023.

One song is called "In My Head" and features singer Kailee Morgue.
The second one is rumored to be a song by Demi Lovato, called "Still Alive", with Mike credited as writer and producer.

Here's what he said about it, in a KROQ interview with Nicole Alvarez:
"Up until this year, I've been doing a lot of writing and producing for other people. And I recently kind of got the bug to do it for myself again. I do have a new song that's gonna be in the movie Scream. So, what happened is they had reached out about like, 'Will you help us with the music for the movie?' And in the conversation it was like, 'Oh yeah', and I played them something and they were like, 'Oh my God, can we use that? Can it go in the movie?' I didn’t plan it. I would never have been like, 'Oh, we're gonna put out this big Linkin Park thing and then I wanna put my song out right on top of it!' That’s not a good planning for me, it's great planning for Linkin Park fans, because there's just more music. So, I've got stuff I've produced that are other people's songs, got my own song, and we got the Linkin Park stuff. And that's not even everything that we're gonna be doing around this for Linkin Park fans. So, this is a great time to be a Linkin Park fan."

He also mentioned working with PVRIS and gave more details about "In My Head" on ALT 98.7 Afternoons With Booker & Stryker:
"The thing that I have been the most involved in, I've been producing stuff for other people, writing, producing for other people. And so, I have some songs coming out, we just put out a song by Justus Bennets, which I love, I have something in the way with PVRIS... P-V-R Paris, yeah, not the blonde one, but the brunette one. Her name is Lynn, she's awesome. And then, most importantly, I think this is a world premiere, I think I haven't really talked about this, so this is cool, this is kind of cool. I have two songs in the new Scream movie. Truth be told, if you would have asked me when I wanted to put them out it wouldn't have been right next to Meteora, but that's when the movie comes out. So, that's gonna be a huge month for Linkin Park fans, like that's a brand new song, yeah, it's my track. Kailee Morgue is singing on the track, she's incredible. The reason I chose her is because she's like a massive Scream fan and she's got a good voice too, so I was like, 'She's a perfect fit for this thing.' So yeah, I feel like that's the start of our year, we'll see what happens after that, but there's a lot in store for Linkin Park fans."

4 minutes ago, PeppePark said:

The second one is rumored to be a song by Demi Lovato, called "Still Alive", with Mike credited as writer and producer.

I saw that on twitter recently as well, but I haven't found any credits for that song yet, so I am wondering where that information is coming from. I probably just looked at the wrong places so I would appreciate some pointers.

4 minutes ago, Coizu said:

I saw that on twitter recently as well, but I haven't found any credits for that song yet, so I am wondering where that information is coming from. I probably just looked at the wrong places so I would appreciate some pointers.

The title is registered on ASCAP's Repertory, while the rumor about Demi Lovato having a song in the movie spread at least two days ago on Twitter, where a close friend of hers quoted a tweet (later deleted) about it, so it seems pretty legit!

1 hour ago, PeppePark said:

The title is registered on ASCAP's Repertory, while the rumor about Demi Lovato having a song in the movie spread at least two days ago on Twitter, where a close friend of hers quoted a tweet (later deleted) about it, so it seems pretty legit!

Awesome thanks. I thought with the new Songview thing all songs registered through ASCAP should appear on BMI as well and vice versa so I didn‘t bother to check both. Seems like it works differently from what I expected. 

3 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

It seems his energy level and excitement has returned. Maybe working on LP stuff behind the scenes has rejuvenated him.

He looks as excited as he was back in the day with LP stuff. I’m really happy to see him like that again and hyping up LP songs and stuff. Obviously Chester is missing and it’s still kind of weird not seeing him go like “Fighting myself is fucking awesome, it’s like, like, you know, it’s us 100%, I fucking love that song Mike!”

On 2/12/2023 at 3:38 PM, PeppePark said:

After some teases and hints that we talked you about on this previous thread, Mike Shinoda officially confirmed he has 2 songs in the movie Scream VI, set to be released in the United States on March 10, 2023.

One song is called "In My Head" and features singer Kailee Morgue.

Here's what he said about it, in a KROQ interview with Nicole Alvarez:
"Up until this year, I've been doing a lot of writing and producing for other people. And I recently kind of got the bug to do it for myself again. I do have a new song that's gonna be in the movie Scream. So, what happened is they had reached out about like, 'Will you help us with the music for the movie?' And in the conversation it was like, 'Oh yeah', and I played them something and they were like, 'Oh my God, can we use that? Can it go in the movie?' I didn’t plan it. I would never have been like, 'Oh, we're gonna put out this big Linkin Park thing and then I wanna put my song out right on top of it!' That’s not a good planning for me, it's great planning for Linkin Park fans, because there's just more music. So, I've got stuff I've produced that are other people's songs, got my own song, and we got the Linkin Park stuff. And that's not even everything that we're gonna be doing around this for Linkin Park fans. So, this is a great time to be a Linkin Park fan."

He also mentioned working with PVRIS and gave more details about "In My Head" on ALT 98.7 Afternoons With Booker & Stryker:
"The thing that I have been the most involved in, I've been producing stuff for other people, writing, producing for other people. And so, I have some songs coming out, we just put out a song by Justus Bennets, which I love, I have something in the way with PVRIS... P-V-R Paris, yeah, not the blonde one, but the brunette one. Her name is Lynn, she's awesome. And then, most importantly, I think this is a world premiere, I think I haven't really talked about this, so this is cool, this is kind of cool. I have two songs in the new Scream movie. Truth be told, if you would have asked me when I wanted to put them out it wouldn't have been right next to Meteora, but that's when the movie comes out. So, that's gonna be a huge month for Linkin Park fans, like that's a brand new song, yeah, it's my track. Kailee Morgue is singing on the track, she's incredible. The reason I chose her is because she's like a massive Scream fan and she's got a good voice too, so I was like, 'She's a perfect fit for this thing.' So yeah, I feel like that's the start of our year, we'll see what happens after that, but there's a lot in store for Linkin Park fans."

Still Alive will premier on 3.3.23

there's a phone number, so I recorded the voicemail . Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7t3027u7736x9e8/Still_Alive_%28Scream_VI%29_Voicemail_Promo.mp3/file

Source: M.Shinoda's IG.

Edited by AJ93

6 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

I don't like it. Mike should collaborate with nu metal bands/singers and not with pop ones. Those songs are boring.

you're not even listen to the song yet. 😂 well, that means you're not his target audience. just skip this one. 

16 minutes ago, Stranger said:

you're not even listen to the song yet. 😂 well, that means you're not his target audience. just skip this one. 

It was enough for me to hear that short clip of "Still Alive". I wonder how will sound "In My Head". Maybe it will be better. I hope.

1 minute ago, Hybrider said:

It was enough for me to hear that short clip of "Still Alive". I wonder how will sound "In My Head". Maybe it will be better. I hope.

Demi kinda surprise me recently, she's into rock/metal nowadays. "Still Alive" clip sounds like more guitar driven. for "In My Head", i assume it's gonna be just like "Happy Ending", with Mike rap/sing and Kailee gonna do the chorus. plus, she does sound like UPSAHL.

6 minutes ago, Stranger said:

Demi kinda surprise me recently, she's into rock/metal nowadays. "Still Alive" clip sounds like more guitar driven. for "In My Head", i assume it's gonna be just like "Happy Ending", with Mike rap/sing and Kailee gonna do the chorus. plus, she does sound like UPSAHL.

We will see but guitar in "Still Alive" sounds too weakly, electronic and unnaturally. That's what I don't like. Would be better if guitar sounds stronger, naturally and heavier.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, PeppePark said:

Differently from how he talks about "Still Alive", saying that he just wrote and produced it, Mike referred to "In My Head" as "my solo song", so he definitely has vocals on it!

So that song is coming out with the movie since he said it’s in a specific scene 

1 hour ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

Mike working on a song like POS by Sueco feels so wrong in a lot of ways.

A guy like Mike can't be involved in a song like that, after what happened to Chester for me every guy of LP should avoid those dangerous topics.

Mike hit a new low and for sure it's his worst song of his whole catalog.

nahhh, he can do whatever he want. people nowadays really snowflakes. everything's wrong. people enjoying the song, and the message behind it. you dont like it, fine but saying he's wrong for working on it, that's your opinion. 

15 hours ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

Mike working on a song like POS by Sueco feels so wrong in a lot of ways.

A guy like Mike can't be involved in a song like that, after what happened to Chester for me every guy of LP should avoid those dangerous topics.

Mike hit a new low and for sure it's his worst song of his whole catalog.

The intent isn't to tell the listener that the voices heard in the chorus are correct or to encourage others to have those thoughts. The intent is for the "shut the fuck up" line at the end to be directed at those voices. Mike also posted a trigger warning about the subject matter of the song.

I will agree that it's the worst song of his catalog though, because the song just doesn't sound good in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

Screenshot-20230309-220037-Chrome.jpg

Meteora 20 box is in "In My Head" teaser!

From what I can see, It looks like the MT20 boxset might be bigger than the HT20 boxset. Also, I wonder if he will do an unboxing of the MT20 boxset soon before the MT20 stuff gets released on April 7th, like what he did with the HT20 boxset before it got released.