Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

5 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

I guarantee the LinkingPark-Numb.exe isn't a hint at which song(s) will be released before the box set comes out. It's just a reference to a well-known meme about P2P file-sharing apps from the time Meteora came out.

yes. LinkingPark-Numb.exe I believe represents the entire box set. The announcement of it that is, we know it’s coming in March. (not gonna spoil the day for people who haven’t seen)

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, HybridSuns said:

I believe the countdown is towards the "official" announcement of M20, and "Lost" releases the next Friday, Feb 3.

I think Lost will be out by anywhere from today to Wednesday/Thursday (It’ll likely be on Wednesday/Thursday with the announcement or maybe Thursday/Friday). 

Edited by IWillWalkAway

5 hours ago, HybridSuns said:

I believe the countdown is towards the "official" announcement of M20, and "Lost" releases the next Friday, Feb 3.

I’m with you buddie 

If numb demo is really close of the final version I doubt they will chose to release it.

Definitely “Lost” is an completely new song and in therms of marketing is a very good way start M20 cycle with a “new old” track to hype everyone (not only the true base) as the first single and the following I imagine they will release SIB or Lying From you demo as the second single and then the full album. 

49 minutes ago, rqthomazini said:

If numb demo is really close of the final version I doubt them will chose to release it. Definitely “Lost” is an completely new song and in therms of marketing is a very good way start M20 cycle with a first single as a “new old” track

they likely chose “Lost” as the leading single because we’ve at least heard clips of it. Some of those other tracks they’re saving for the release are completely unknown to us.

9 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

they likely chose “Lost” as the leading single because we’ve at least heard clips of it. Some of those other tracks they’re saving for the release are completely unknown to us.

I think the only other one from the Lost Demos tracklist that we have heard in clips is "A6". We've heard the short and long instrumentals of "A.06"/"A-Six" that were released through LPU. We've also heard a small clip of a part of the vocals of "A6".

There's also the Rob drum demo (whatever it's truly called), though I'm not sure what song it is if it's on the Lost Demos tracklist. We've also heard the clip of the Rob drum demo multiple times.

Edited by NJPLP

35 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I think the only other one from the Lost Demos tracklist that we have heard in clips is "A6". We've heard the short and long instrumentals of "A.06"/"A-Six" that were released through LPU. We've also heard a small clip of a part of the vocals of "A6".

There's also the Rob drum demo (whatever it's truly called), though I'm not sure what song it is if it's on the Lost Demos tracklist. We've also heard the clip of the Rob drum demo multiple times.

rob drum demo is my biggest Meteora affair. I’m just biting my nails waiting for all this, god is very good to ride the hype train after all this time.

“She couldn’t” is a cool song but doesn’t sound nothing like other HT final tracks and I think the release only fed the closest fans of the band. I think is a very good way to “bring back” the band with a single that will sound just like the other Meteora songs, which was precisely what made them conquer so many people at that time.

(sorry abt my stinky English, I’m trying to get some google tradutor help)

Edited by rqthomazini

24 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

A6 on the lost demos CD is almost definitely the version with vocals. Might even be “just drag it out, remember” that we’ve heard Chester sing.

The Rob Drum Track is probably on there too and my wild guess, it’s probably either Massive or Healing Foot.

5 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

A6 on the lost demos CD is almost definitely the version with vocals. Might even be “just drag it out, remember” that we’ve heard Chester sing.

The Rob Drum Track is probably on there too and my wild guess, it’s probably either Massive or Healing Foot.

I guess we'll find out either when the band announces it, when the band does a Q&A session for the album's anniversary (if they do one), or when the whole album (except "Lost" and a second pre-release track (whatever that will be)) gets released on March 24th, 2023.

Edited by NJPLP

15 minutes ago, rqthomazini said:

rob drum demo is my biggest Meteora affair. I’m just biting my nails waiting for all this, god is very good to ride the hype train after all this time.

“She couldn’t” is a cool song but doesn’t sound nothing like other HT final tracks and I think the release only fed the closest fans of the band. I think is a very good way to “bring back” the band with a single that will sound just like the other Meteora songs, which was precisely what made them conquer so many people at that time.

I think releasing She Couldn't was an excellent choice because for the fans, it was something they'd heard before in an official capacity with better quality, and for the more casual listeners, it's a whole new side to Linkin Park they might not have known about. I remember quite a few people praising the song, having never heard it before, for that exact reason.

Edited by HybridSuns

21 minutes ago, HybridSuns said:

I think releasing She Couldn't was an excellent choice because for the fans, it was something they'd heard before in an official capacity with better quality, and for the more casual listeners, it's a whole new side to Linkin Park they might not have known about. I remember quite a few people praising the song, having never heard it before, for that exact reason.

makes sense, that’s a good perspective too!

I’m very glad we’re going to hear a ton of unreleased material, most part of the HT20 demos was known by hardcore fans but MT demos was always a big dream

Edited by rqthomazini

I definitely have a feeling “Lost” is going to blow up. Like millions of views blow up just as “She Couldn’t” did in 2020. The iconic Meteora sound is so recognizable by fans. I’m sure there’s also hardcore fans out there who haven’t heard of the “thoughts that take away my pride” track in years, and will hear it for the first time, recognize what it is and be like “i know this from somewhere!”

https://youtu.be/HTQJswj5o-E

https://youtu.be/Uq3_obTpsaE

https://youtu.be/IQH5mdAvfyo

Edited by IWillWalkAway

57 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

To me She Couldn't was like the worst track to promote HT20 it didn't represent what Hybrid Theory meant to me back in 2001.

Stick N Move was the better choice.

Agree, this version with Chester is a bomb. Wish they followed this way instead of runaway. 👀

11 minutes ago, rqthomazini said:

Agree, this version with Chester is a bomb. Wish they followed this way instead of runaway. 👀

They even said that Stick N Move was like their most popular song on their live show, it made sense to bring that vibe back.

She Couldn't its like meh... HT was the best nu metal album and to promote it you bring back a song that sounds like R Kelly.

9 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I don’t mean to be that annoying guy but I said before, Lost is not a Numb demo. It’s its own song. The two songs don’t even sound remotely the same. It wouldn’t make sense for Lost to be a Numb demo, if they said it was a “fully realized” track.

i never said "Lost" is "Numb (Demo). what i said was they just "clickbait" the link as Numb mp3 files which might turns out into "Lost" track. 😅 but no worries, i just read the thread and maybe the link will direct to the boxset webpage. 

The LPCatalog site now has a "27jan_faint" strike through it. Could someone check out if they've changed the voicemail. Perhaps it's now about Numb

Guess they're really following the singles releases chronologically. I can't seem to call it outisde of the US so it'd be appreciated if someone could. Either way, I've brightened up the image and now there seems to be the actress in the Numb music videoIMG_20230128_155339.jpg

Edited by arcyy57

2 hours ago, arcyy57 said:

Guess they're really following the singles releases chronologically. I can't seem to call it outisde of the US so it'd be appreciated if someone could. Either way, I've brightened up the image and now there seems to be the actress in the Numb music videoIMG_20230128_155339.jpg

It seems like we will get Lost on February 1. 

28 - Numb

29 - From the Inside

30 - Breaking the Habit

31 - cooldown (?) or completion of the puzzle

2 hours ago, EnhanX said:

It seems like we will get Lost on February 1. 

28 - Numb

29 - From the Inside

30 - Breaking the Habit

31 - cooldown (?) or completion of the puzzle

These pictures will be used for Lost (Official Audio) via YouTube, just like they used the the HT pictures for She Couldn't (Official Audio) via YT.

10 hours ago, yagamilight207 said:

Can someone group all of this?

@yagamilight207Here's the link to download all the voicemails (#1-#4) and the lpcatalog pictures (#1-#4).

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kf4dkhw2kuy5y/LP+Meteora20th+Voicemail+and+Pictures

Once I record FromTheInside and BreakingTheHabit voicemails, along with the remaining pictures, I'll re-upload all the files and provide the download link.

1 hour ago, AJ93 said:

These pictures will be used for Lost (Official Audio) via YouTube, just like they used the the HT pictures for She Couldn't (Official Audio) via YT.

Oh yeah, great theory by the way

1 hour ago, AJ93 said:

@yagamilight207Here's the link to download all the voicemails (#1-#4) and the lpcatalog pictures (#1-#4).

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kf4dkhw2kuy5y/LP+Meteora20th+Voicemail+and+Pictures

Once I record FromTheInside and BreakingTheHabit voicemails, along with the remaining pictures, I'll re-upload all the files and provide the download link.

Thanks for recording Numb, I do agree with the voicemail lol. Numb is easily recognizable even from the intro itself

10 hours ago, Stranger said:

i never said "Lost" is "Numb (Demo). what i said was they just "clickbait" the link as Numb mp3 files which might turns out into "Lost" track. 😅 but no worries, i just read the thread and maybe the link will direct to the boxset webpage. 

simple misunderstanding by me. My bad on that.

Anyways, as far as voicemails go, I’m thinking:

today was Numb (28)

tomorrow is gonna be From The Inside (29)

monday will be Breaking the Habit (30)

tuesday might be a “tomorrow” message. (31)

wednesday is the day of the Box Set trailer, and release of “Lost”. (1)

Edited by IWillWalkAway

24 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

simple misunderstanding by me. My bad on that.

Anyways, as far as voicemails go, I’m thinking:

today was Numb (28)

tomorrow is gonna be From The Inside (29)

monday will be Breaking the Habit (30)

tuesday might be a “tomorrow” message. (31)

wednesday is the day of the Box Set trailer, and release of “Lost”. (1)

If the tuesday message teases the announcement, I think they might put the instrumental of "Lost" as background music. Or, they might put a little teaser of the song

16 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

To me She Couldn't was like the worst track to promote HT20 it didn't represent what Hybrid Theory meant to me back in 2001.

Stick N Move was the better choice.

Wow. Stick N Move's verses are pretty bad by Mike IMO. She Couldn't was a pretty unique track.

How does anyone know that Lost is Thoughts That Take Away My Pride? Is that even confirmed somewhere?

They aren't going to release music IMO until the announcement whenever the countdown ends.