Update on "Can't Hold Me Down", 'The Hunting Party' Collaborations, & The Collaboration From May 2016 (Mike Baczor and Linkin Park)

NJPLP

Back in the March of 2005, Linkin Park invited Mike Baczor from D-Nax into their studio to record a song, and after three days of being in a New York City Studio, the song "Can't Hold Me Down" was born. He remained friends and kept in touch with the both of them from 2007 onwards. 9 years later, in 2014, Linkin Park invited him to collaborate with them once again for "The Hunting Party". There, they created 3 to 4 songs at that time and Chester just needed to put his vocals on some of those songs and they had plenty more songs in the works, though, unfortunately, those plans never materialized because of Chester's death. A year and 2 months before Chester’s death, in May 2016, Chester and Mike collaborated and worked with Baczor on a song.

Years later, we have an update on those songs from Mike Bazcor.

• "Can't Hold Me Down" has Mike Baczor and Mike Shinoda doing the instruments and production for the song and both of them, as well as Chester, put their vocals on the track. Mike Baczor did the first verse of the song, Mike Shinoda did the 2nd verse of the song and Chester did the choruses of the song.

• 9 years later, the first song that Mike Bazcor and Linkin Park collaborated on that originally was for 'The Hunting Party' was "The Game Is On", which has Mike Baczor and Mike Shinoda, again, doing the instruments and production for the song, as well as rap verses for the song and Chester sang the choruses for the song. Both Mike Baczor and Mike Shinoda each did half the verses on the track. He also mentions that the other three tracks that he did with them that had titles were "Why", "Truth Hurts", and "Unstoppable". There were also more tracks that they did around the time, but, unfortunately, they didn't have titles for them yet. Baczor and Shinoda worked on so much stuff, had so many ideas and had a total of about 6 songs almost fully done.

• 2 years later, in May 2016, Chester and Mike would again collaborate and work with Baczor on a song called “Love Me Or Hate Me”. For "Why", "Truth Hurts", "Unstoppable", and "Love Me Or Hate Me", they had everything recorded, but they weren't mixed, so they didn't know what parts of the vocals were going where on those songs.

He is currently re-recording the songs all by himself. He still has 6 more songs left to complete. He will be creating a YT music channels soon with all info and constant updates. He will also do live sessions in the studio. He's planning to release the songs on his new upcoming album he's called "The Creation". He also says that there will be 12 or 13 songs on the album. The songs on the album, though, might just have his vocals, if he decides to redo them, though, he said that if him and Mike decide to finish the old versions, then they will release those versions too. He might re-record 3 of the songs on his new album, depending on how he feels they sound when they are mixed. He already has Mike's blessing to release the tracks. He doesn't have to get Talinda's blessing for the re-recorded versions, since it won't have Chester's vocals, because he's not using his vocals, nor the old versions, because they had separate contracts that were all already signed off on, and also him and Mike Shinoda own the tracks. He is planning to release a few singles once he completes the album. He also said that he'll probably release the old versions of tracks once his new album, with the re-recorded versions, is out. It just depends on what Mike Shinoda wants to do or feels like doing down the line.

He’s currently working on 2 songs for his new album that he wrote last year.

Based off this article (https://www.readingeagle.com/2005/12/15/rocking-on-the-brink-of-stardom/), it is mentioned that he played a minor role as a wide reciever in the movie "Invincible", which goes through the story of Vince Papale (played by Mark Whalberg). According to the article, Baczor had the chance to give Whalberg a D-NAX demo, which he would listen to while warming up. According to Mike Bazcor, when I asked him through Instagram, he said "Can't Hold Me Down" was one of the songs on the demo, and the demo he gave Whalberg he believes was just a bunch of songs he had finished at the time. He also said he doesn't' really remember what was on the demo.

He put up an Instagram post earlier this year, saying that the album is going to be released by the end of the year with weekly updates of pics and videos in the studio working on the album. As of this time, no updates have been put up yet. I messaged him through Instagram about when he was gonna start posting the stuff, and he replied back saying that the he'll probably start posting the stuff in the beginning of the new year, as he is still getting everything ready and working in tracks. He has also been filming a lot for video games so that's taking up a lot of his time. He told me that he really thinks I'll love his new material (and probably some people here will love it, perhaps). He said he put A LOT of work into everything.

Edited by NJPLP

6 hours ago, Rasputin 93 said:

what's the source on this?

Instagram. I messaged him through Instagram.

6 hours ago, Subs said:

Bit of a headache to read. So chester is on some, but he wont be releasing them versions because he and MS own the tracks ?

Mike Baczor recently told me that he'll probably release the old versions of the songs after his new album is out. He said it depends on what Mike Shinoda wants to do or feels like doing down the line. I'm unsure if Chester's vocals are going to be on the old versions or not, though.

• NJPLP changed the title to Update on "Can't Hold Me Down", 'The Hunting Party' Collaborations, & The Collaboration From May 2016 (Mike Baczor and Linkin Park)
22 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Instagram. I messaged him through Instagram.

Alright, I just hope you got permission to share those messages. :D As much as I appreciate the effort done, I always fear that, unrelated to this thread, exposure of such release plans and ideas might affect these very endeavours negatively and we end up seeing nothing of that. :(

31 minutes ago, Rasputin 93 said:

Alright, I just hope you got permission to share those messages. :D As much as I appreciate the effort done, I always fear that, unrelated to this thread, exposure of such release plans and ideas might affect these very endeavours negatively and we end up seeing nothing of that. :(

I kinda shared it without his permission at first, but I just messaged him if I could share the information he gave me and he replied with “Sure”, so, all is good.

Edited by NJPLP

16 hours ago, hybrider said:

I have found something guys. An article from 2005. There is mentioned "Can't Hold Me Down".

This is what I see:

Mike Baczor edits music videos just like he shoots off rapid-fire lyrics in his songs.

Right there. Cut. Close up,” he spatters. “Solo. Back to here. Crowd shift. Back to here. Girls dancing.

Edited by NJPLP

This guy seems like he is genuinely full of bullshit - his story doesn't check out. He has that photo with Mike which is photoshopped and all of his other photos came from Meet & Greets. His timing that he says he worked on stuff with LP doesn't make sense either. I don't think this is authentic.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

This guy seems like he is genuinely full of bullshit - his story doesn't check out. He has that photo with Mike which is photoshopped and all of his other photos came from Meet & Greets. His timing that he says he worked on stuff with LP doesn't make sense either. I don't think this is authentic.

I'm being kind of wary with what he tells me. I kinda believe him, but at the same time, I kinda don't. The only way I think I'll actually fully believe him is when he releases the old versions with not only him on vocals, but also Chester and Mike on vocals, as well as show some actual proof that he did the songs. He's only told me this stuff, he hasn't shown me snippets of the songs or anything like that yet. I probably won't believe him entirely until he shows me some proof. Heck, he even knows the lyrics to songs and he won't share that info with me until he's done completing his album, which I don't know how much longer it will take for him to do that. Anyways, I'll only believe him fully once he's either shown me snippets of the old versions or released the old versions, which I don't know when that will happen.

Edited by NJPLP

22 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

hahaha, i thought i'm the only one who think that guy is a bit delusional honestly. those photos from M&G, photoshoped Mike's in studio, keep repeating the same photos on his IG feed all over again. he really think he's a good friend of Mike. tbh, i thought he's Dominic Toretto's long lost brothers.

On 5/5/2022 at 5:56 PM, hybrider said:

I have found something guys. An article from 2005. There is mentioned "Can't Hold Me Down".

On 5/5/2022 at 6:41 PM, NJPLP said:

This is what I see:

Mike Baczor edits music videos just like he shoots off rapid-fire lyrics in his songs.

"Right there. Cut. Close up," he spatters. "Solo. Back to here. Crowd shift. Back to here. Girls dancing."

Nevermind, there's more: 

Since The Times met with Baczor last September, much has happened. For one, the original band decamped after members grew discontent with the direction the group was heading in musically. It blindsided Baczor, who was left in the dust with a double-take. Lack of communication, he said, was the reason underlying the split. And more than a year since the breakup, it still seems to haunt him.

But the breakup is the only gray-if you even want to regard it as that-in the past year of dizzying bright career inroads. Take, for example, how Baczor cut a song with Linkin Park, starred in a movie with Mark Wahlberg and Greg Kinnear, and tightened his sound, now on the brink of mainstream awareness.

The latter can be attributed to rekindling his ties with Justin Rittle and Aaron Ohlong, the duo who were integral in laying the blueprint to Baczor’s hybrid sound (rock, hip hop, metal, electronic-all of the above). Rittle’s more of the low-profile studio wizard, according to Baczor, while Ohlong has been D-NAX’s lead guitarist.

Then there is Jarrod Showers of Pottstown, who fleshes out the sound on rhythm guitar.

D-NAX, meet Linkin Park

It takes some finessing to get Baczor to spill the beans over his March encounter with Linkin Park, partly because it happened eight months ago.

But there’s something more. In some ways, Baczor now looks at the hugely successful band as his peers.

‘What? Are you serious?'” he finally offers of his initial reaction when he heard about the meeting from his producer. “‘What happens if I mess up?'

Linkin Park got wind of D-NAX and invited Baczor to New York City to cut a track with him for his band. Holed up in a New York City studio for three days, it was all business, says Baczor. “When it comes to working, they get right down to it."

When I got there, we just clicked,” Baczor says. “Our styles just match up easily. We would collaborate and it worked out great.

Three days later, “Can’t Hold Me Down,” a track driven by the caustic collaborations of guitarist Brad Delson and turntable extraordinaire Joseph Hahn, is born.

They’re a big influence,” Baczor says. “They have a unique sound, and I try to make my music unique. It’s just pretty crazy."

They’re really cool guys,” he adds. “They don’t go out and party. Just really cool guys. It was just the coolest to have all of them there.

Baczor entertains the idea of some day going on tour with Linkin Park, an idea they implanted into him once he gets signed. “We would go perfect with them if we were to go on tour together.

We have the ability to sell as many records as they do,” Baczor says. “We like to keep a happy medium.

Baczor then mentions that he had a chance to give Mark Wahlberg a D-NAX demo that Wahlberg would listen to while warming up:

Hitting the Wahl(berg)

Then there are the side projects Baczor has been dabbling in, such as acting. So far, Baczor has starred in a handful of independent films and in September finished “Invincible,” the story of Vince Papale (Mark Wahlberg), an average Joe from Philadelphia who tries out for the Eagles and earns a spot on the roster. The Walt Disney movie also stars Academy Award-nominee Greg Kinnear. Baczor plays a wide receiver.

So what’s Dirk Diggler and the “Talk Soup” guy like?

He was just cool, joking around and what not-really a nice guy,” Baczor says of Wahlberg. So cool, in fact, that Baczor had to injure the actor’s arm during one of the dozen gridiron scenes. Accidentally, of course. Wahlberg recovered.

Baczor had the chance to give Wahlberg a D-NAX demo, which he would listen to while warming up. “Every single day I would get paid to play football with Mark Wahlberg,” he said. “It was kind of surreal.

Kinnear is more on the reserved side, according to Baczor. “He’s more quiet. He only talks to people if he’s talked to,” he said.

The ultimate for Baczor is to have the D-NAX sound wallpaper his movies, which some of the indie flicks are considering.

Acting for Baczor has been a seamless shift, which he credits with his onstage experience-a study in contrast to his everyday chill demeanor. “You get to be something that you’re not,” he says. “It’s kind of like a similar transition. I’m a pretty calm person."

I just envision how I think they (film crew) want the character to be.

‘Can’t hold me down’

Based off the last phrase, maybe Mike Baczor gave Mark Wahlberg a demo of "Can't Hold Me Down"?

Edited by NJPLP

22 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Based off the last phrase, maybe Mike Baczor gave Mark Wahlberg a demo of "Can't Hold Me Down"?

I messaged him about the demo he gave Whalberg through Instagram, and he replied with this:

That was a song

Can't Hold Me Down

The demo I gave him I believe was just a bunch of songs I had finished

I don't remember what was on it... lol

• 8 months later...

I just recently saw an Instagram post that he put up earlier this year that I completely missed, saying that the album is going to be released by the end of the year with weekly updates of pics and videos in the studio working on the album. I haven't seen anything yet recently about it, though.

Edited by NJPLP