Mike Shinoda to launch Async Music project

PeppePark

Mike Shinoda will debut his Async Music project on May 27, 2021.

From Async Art website:
"Async Art is a new art movement built on the blockchain. Create, collect, and trade programmable art: digital paintings split into "Layers", which you can use to affect the overall image. Art that can evolve over time, react to its owners, or follow a stock price is now all possible with programmable art. Launched in February 2020, the platform has seen $7.8M+ in bidding and $2.1M+ in sales volume."

You can find Mike's announcement and a preview of his piece here.

Mike explained how it works and that he did both art and music:

"Those are the layers. Layer owners will get to choose which option is visible; each visual layer is attached to a sound layer. Different drums = different art"

"Also, yes. I did all the art (and music)"

EDIT:
The piece is called "DECASENTRY" and the auction is available here.

6 minutes ago, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

He seems a lot more interested in these new kind of projects than in creating music in a standard/usual way. If he’s more satisfied in this we’ll, good for him. 

You're right. Good only for him. A great way to make money on new projects. But what about the fans? HAPPY ENDINGS 😃

8 minutes ago, Razorkvn said:

You're right. Good only for him. A great way to make money on new projects. But what about the fans? HAPPY ENDINGS 😃

Hum well, I don’t like Happy Endings and totally don’t care about these artsy projects, just not my thing, but I respect the fact that this is probably something he’s excited for and he’s willing to explore. So yeah, good only for him but I’m not complaining that much. There’s gonna be something exciting with LP somewhere in time 

9 minutes ago, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

Hum well, I don’t like Happy Endings and totally don’t care about these artsy projects, just not my thing, but I respect the fact that this is probably something he’s excited for and he’s willing to explore. So yeah, good only for him but I’m not complaining that much. There’s gonna be something exciting with LP somewhere in time 

I don't like Happy Endings too. Right now I'm waiting for the new Grey Daze album and "Crazy"

Not a fan of Happy Endings either, after HT20, the LP world seems dead. I’m excited for what we’re gonna be getting soon, Slash collab, and GD (even though I’m not a fan of the drama, but the music’s good and that’s what I try to focus on). But I REALLY REALLY hope LP makes an announcement soon about what they’re doing, I’m sure COVID put a wrench in their plans, so with things opening back up here in the US (as stupid as I think it is) I hope we’ll hear something from them soon. 

36 minutes ago, xxHybridXeroxx said:

Not a fan of Happy Endings either, after HT20, the LP world seems dead. I’m excited for what we’re gonna be getting soon, Slash collab, and GD (even though I’m not a fan of the drama, but the music’s good and that’s what I try to focus on). But I REALLY REALLY hope LP makes an announcement soon about what they’re doing, I’m sure COVID put a wrench in their plans, so with things opening back up here in the US (as stupid as I think it is) I hope we’ll hear something from them soon. 

Yeah I hope that too, I think we’re going to get news (good or bad I don’t know) in 2022😊 

I hope we dont get LP news for years.

If they announce a comeback, sad times for those like me that only see LP as including Chester, the end of the chester era etc

If they dont then that allows more time to pass and keeps the door open.

The Chester era ended July 20, 2017. What do you want them to do, sit and not make a decision for 4 more years when they could hypothetically (if they are ready) release 2 great albums in that time and do several world tours....?

22 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The Chester era ended July 20, 2017. What do you want them to do, sit and not make a decision for 4 more years when they could hypothetically (if they are ready) release 2 great albums in that time and do several world tours....?

Thats just the thing you have no idea if they “ are ready “ its just the fan in you talking. I dont blame you, but Im just saying. Remember when the fan base were saying 2020 should be the year they release a new album ? LOL.

They have lost their lead singer, if they dont come back ever i dont blame them as it wont be the LP you remember. 

45 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Chester era ended that sad day I totally agree but despite the fact, as you know, that I am a big on Chester’s “side” meaning solo projects etc..., I agree that with things going back to normal they should make a decision, come back or stop making music as a band, but not stay in limbo for other years. 
As much as I hope they come back, I know it’ll be A LOT different than the Chester era, we all know that, it’s not gonna be the same, and I admit that i probably won’t be as excited for new music as I was with the 7 albums with Chester, but I’m definitely looking forward 

Edited by LPLivesWorstNickname92

6 hours ago, Subs said:

Thats just the thing you have no idea if they “ are ready “ its just the fan in you talking. I dont blame you, but Im just saying. Remember when the fan base were saying 2020 should be the year they release a new album ? LOL.

They have lost their lead singer, if they dont come back ever i dont blame them as it wont be the LP you remember. 

The entire world shut down in March 2020, so I think expectations were recalibrated at that time for anything LP related. Everything in the world came to a halt. Anything LP were working on wouldn't have been an exception to that.

I wouldn't "blame them" either if they did decide to end LP, but I also feel like if that was the decision they arrived at they would have said it by now. Instead, they've literally said the opposite and said LP is not done.

Of course LP can't return as the LP we remember. Chester is gone. It's going to be different no matter what. I think we should all be open to that, though. Nothing that LP does in the future would ever change what they did from 1999-2017. That is a legendary music career and one of the best runs in history in my opinion. That era is over, though. The only way to move forward for them is to look at it as a completely new beginning. It's not about comparisons or trying to replicate the past.

Edited by Justin

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

The entire world shut down in March 2020, so I think expectations were recalibrated at that time for anything LP related. Everything in the world came to a halt. Anything LP were working on wouldn't have been an exception to that.

I wouldn't "blame them" either if they did decide to end LP, but I also feel like if that was the decision they arrived at they would have said it by now. Instead, they've literally said the opposite and said LP is not done.

Of course LP can't return as the LP we remember. Chester is gone. It's going to be different no matter what. I think we should all be open to that, though. Nothing that LP does in the future would ever change what they did from 1999-2017. That is a legendary music career and one of the best runs in history in my opinion. That era is over, though. The only way to move forward for them is to look at it as a completely new beginning. It's not about comparisons or trying to replicate the past.

I believe people were also saying in 2020 for 2021. So basically everyone wanted an album no matter what asap.

I get that, but the only way i could ever accept LP coming back is with MS as lead.

I hate it when bands get new vocalist, to me it will be a completely different band. Tough times ahead

21 minutes ago, Subs said:

I believe people were also saying in 2020 for 2021. So basically everyone wanted an album no matter what asap.

I get that, but the only way i could ever accept LP coming back is with MS as lead.

I hate it when bands get new vocalist, to me it will be a completely different band. Tough times ahead

I mean, I personally think they should have Mike as the sole vocalist now so I agree with that. Even if it means future LP songs won't have screaming anymore, that's fine. That would be part of LP being in a new era, etc.

I don't even think they need to get a touring vocalist to do Chester's parts. I would rather them just retire a lot of stuff, have the audience sing (ITE, OSC, BIO, etc.), and have Mike sing what he can. Mike can pull off pretty much anything from OML and a decent amount of stuff from the past. If it came down to it, I would prefer them using playback for Chester's vocals rather than brining someone brand new into the band. That's just my personal feelings on it.

If LP returning with Mike as the only vocalist would mean retiring songs like Faint and others that can't be pulled off by Mike or the crowd, that's fine.

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

I mean, I personally think they should have Mike as the sole vocalist now so I agree with that. Even if it means future LP songs won't have screaming anymore, that's fine. That would be part of LP being in a new era, etc.

I don't even think they need to get a touring vocalist to do Chester's parts. I would rather them just retire a lot of stuff, have the audience sing (ITE, OSC, BIO, etc.), and have Mike sing what he can. Mike can pull off pretty much anything from OML and a decent amount of stuff from the past. If it came down to it, I would prefer them using playback for Chester's vocals rather than brining someone brand new into the band. That's just my personal feelings on it.

If LP returning with Mike as the only vocalist would mean retiring songs like Faint and others that can't be pulled off by Mike or the crowd, that's fine.

Totally agree on this, it’s a new chapter and Mike stepped up as a singer a lot. I don’t want to write down set lists or stuff like that but we all know Mike can sing a lot of post Meteora songs on his own and the crowd can support him with classics like ITE, faint etc. 

The retirement of songs they can’t perform at all without Chester (BTH, BID, ND...) is not a problem, it’s a new phase

4 hours ago, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

Totally agree on this, it’s a new chapter and Mike stepped up as a singer a lot. I don’t want to write down set lists or stuff like that but we all know Mike can sing a lot of post Meteora songs on his own and the crowd can support him with classics like ITE, faint etc. 

The retirement of songs they can’t perform at all without Chester (BTH, BID, ND...) is not a problem, it’s a new phase

Yes. I just hope the band don't think of it like "If we play live and Mike can't belt it out like Chester could on ND or scream the bridge of Faint, is it even an LP show anymore?" because the answer would still be yes. However modified the live shows would have to be and however any future music would sound, those 5 guys could continue on the LP name with the understanding that while the era of Chester Bennington is over, they can still honor his memory.

3 hours ago, Justin said:

Yes. I just hope the band don't think of it like "If we play live and Mike can't belt it out like Chester could on ND or scream the bridge of Faint, is it even an LP show anymore?" because the answer would still be yes. However modified the live shows would have to be and however any future music would sound, those 5 guys could continue on the LP name with the understanding that while the era of Chester Bennington is over, they can still honor his memory.

Yeah 5 out of 6 members of the band are still there and they can do great things still honoring Chester’s memory and legacy. I don’t want to speak for Chester because who am I, but I’m pretty sure he would have never wanted LP to end with him. He was never that kind of egocentric frontman who thinks he’s the crucial member like “you’re nothing without me!” 

8 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

I really hope that they will add John Green or Matt as an extra member, with Mike being the frontman, and them to rotate a bit between guitar, keyboard en with some songs that person as a lead singer.

Seems like this is the most logical step forward and something they'll get a lot of support with from their core fanbase as they already know Jon and Matt. Both are fantastic. Hell, bring them both in. Why not?

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Seems like this is the most logical step forward and something they'll get a lot of support with from their core fanbase as they already know Jon and Matt. Both are fantastic. Hell, bring them both in. Why not?

I haven’t even tought about them both, damn i think that would change LP’s dynamic in a wicked way.

i could only imagine what kind of cool remixes from the old songs, and what kind of new songs the could come up with.

3 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

I haven’t even tought about them both, damn i think that would change LP’s dynamic in a wicked way.

i could only imagine what kind of cool remixes from the old songs, and what kind of new songs the could come up with.

I actually love the idea but theres this mental block in my head that says new members new band. I know it doesnt make sense, but the only way it will be LP to me is the other 5 only.

We will have to see

I personally believe that they will find a new bandmember. They will not continue as a five piece band. Mike always wanted LP to have two vocalists. I will support their decision no matter what it is tbh. It is their band afterall.

Edited by Bambitt