Esteban Diácono & Mike Shinoda - Platonic Love

PeppePark

7 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

even PT had some different editions

Having different editions was never the problem. You have that with every album that gets released. It makes sense.

The problem was that there were so many different versions that no one was even able to keep track of just the different vinyl versions for example.

Also I can't wait for the day when this is not a common theme in every other thread anymore.

1 hour ago, JZlinkinparamore said:

yeah like releasing a whole album inspired by Chesters death and tour around the world to promote it 

PT was not about Chesters death, it was about the process of recovering after a traumatic event.

GD straight up has Chester on it. They milked it, they milked the LPA, they laughed at LP fans, at Mike and kind of, at Chester.

50 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

even PT had some different editions, and was never considered a cash-grab by the fans (me included, i DON’T THINK PT WAS CASHGRAB).

what's up with the capslock? joking/sarcasm again? haha. PT has some different editions (standard CD, vinyl, Artbook+CD) while "Amends" has tons until i'm lost count.

the problem is that GD fans never ever going to admit that it was cashgrab is sad. 

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

Well, Grey Daze was supposed to get back together for this project so I guess that one is a bit unfair. Still, having all these items for purchase remains overkill, though.

by "get back", it was just a reunion show, not remaking/reproduced the entire discography. with OML, the band is active touring at that time. i dont Chester will have time for re-recording all of the stuff.

6 minutes ago, Stranger said:

what's up with the capslock? joking/sarcasm again? haha. PT has some different editions (standard CD, vinyl, Artbook+CD) while "Amends" has tons until i'm lost count.

the problem is that GD fans never ever going to admit that it was cashgrab is sad. 

by "get back", it was just a reunion show, not remaking/reproduced the entire discography. with OML, the band is active touring at that time. i dont Chester will have time for re-recording all of the stuff.

The caps lock was to make clear that thing, no sarcasm. About admitting the album was cashgrab, I already pointed out countless times that even if I don’t think it was a cash grab, I couldn’t care less as long as the music is fucking great. 
I’m not gonna spam again this thread with Amends, cause it’s not on topic.  
About GD getting back with Chester, who knows what could have happened? Maybe in 2018 Chester would have entered in studio with them after OML tour was over. 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

31 minutes ago, Stranger said:

Hmm? I always was under the impression that there were plans (maybe not finalized, but still) of them getting together und re-record stuff. I mean, sure, OML would have taken up most of Chesters capacities for 1-2 years. Sorry, if I got something wrong here.

8 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

Hmm? I always was under the impression that there were plans (maybe not finalized, but still) of them getting together und re-record stuff. I mean, sure, OML would have taken up most of Chesters capacities for 1-2 years. Sorry, if I got something wrong here.

I totally got the vibe and feeling that Chester wanted to do something more with GD, not quoting Sean because it’s obvious that he says Chester wanted to reunite GD so he’s not a totally reliable  source, but Chester himself said he wrote stuff maybe for solo projects or else. Who knows, we are not in their mind 

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

That is correct. The Amends project (titled "New Sun Tomorrow" at that time) was originally started because in early 2017 Chester had meetings with (at least) Sean (Sean says other members too) about re-recording music. This is a statement of fact and this has been confirmed to me by sources other than Sean that I trust 100%. That part should not be in any sort of dispute at all, and I'll throw the full support of LPLive behind that one statement by Sean.

Can't confirm or deny the VOCALS part of it but Chester was absolutely fully involved in the re-recording of the album (whether instrumentals and vocals together, or just instrumentals, or however they were doing it) before he passed. That doesn't need to be something that is denied just because we are angry at GD themselves - this was something Chester was actually doing.

At the time the reunion show was announced, Jason Barnes and Mace had already shared photos of them working in the studio with Sylvia Massy - again, this was before Chester passed and was 100% with his knowledge and direct involvement. Due to Sean saying they were going to send a producer out with Chester on the OML tour for this project, we believe vocals were going to be re-recorded - yes.

Anyway - didn't mean to derail the thread but needed to say that because that isn't something that needs to be up for debate about the facts.

51 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

That is correct. The Amends project (titled "New Sun Tomorrow" at that time) was originally started because in early 2017 Chester had meetings with (at least) Sean (Sean says other members too) about re-recording music. This is a statement of fact and this has been confirmed to me by sources other than Sean that I trust 100%. That part should not be in any sort of dispute at all, and I'll throw the full support of LPLive behind that one statement by Sean.

Can't confirm or deny the VOCALS part of it but Chester was absolutely fully involved in the re-recording of the album (whether instrumentals and vocals together, or just instrumentals, or however they were doing it) before he passed. That doesn't need to be something that is denied just because we are angry at GD themselves - this was something Chester was actually doing.

At the time the reunion show was announced, Jason Barnes and Mace had already shared photos of them working in the studio with Sylvia Massy - again, this was before Chester passed and was 100% with his knowledge and direct involvement. Due to Sean saying they were going to send a producer out with Chester on the OML tour for this project, we believe vocals were going to be re-recorded - yes.

Anyway - didn't mean to derail the thread but needed to say that because that isn't something that needs to be up for debate about the facts.

Yeah I remember Sean saying Chester even sang something to him on the phone 

45 minutes ago, JZlinkinparamore said:

In conclusion 

🟥Anything that Grey Daze releases is a cashgrab no matter what

🟥Mike can do cashgrab stuff and it wont be called a cashgrab (NFT, overpriced products, trendy collabs)

Man come on, You know my thoughts about the thing, but we should really stop this especially under threads about other stuff. BUT I hope people won’t spread shit when Grey Daze puts out the new record 

29 minutes ago, JZlinkinparamore said:

In conclusion 

🟥Anything that Grey Daze releases is a cashgrab no matter what

🟥Mike can do cashgrab stuff and it wont be called a cashgrab (NFT, overpriced products, trendy collabs)

Not anything they release is a cashgrab, but if they use Chesters image, vocals, legacy, etc for the sake of making money; then sorry but those guys are assholes (lets not forget how they milked the LPA lol)

Mike NFT's are pieces of art (that i personally wouldnt buy lol) that he can sell. Is a Picasso painting a cashgrab? to put an exagerated example.

Mike is using his own image and name to sell, GD are using Chester's and LP's.

Thats why in this forum people kind of dislike GD

1 hour ago, Cesar656 said:

Not anything they release is a cashgrab, but if they use Chesters image, vocals, legacy, etc for the sake of making money; then sorry but those guys are assholes (lets not forget how they milked the LPA lol)

Mike NFT's are pieces of art (that i personally wouldnt buy lol) that he can sell. Is a Picasso painting a cashgrab? to put an exagerated example.

Mike is using his own image and name to sell, GD are using Chester's and LP's.

Thats why in this forum people kind of dislike GD

Grey Daze are using Chester’s vocals because he was their vocalist 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Grey Daze are using Chester’s vocals because he was their vocalist 😂😂😂

I mean, did Mike use chester vocals for PT or the music in hif nft's?

sounds like you guys are laughing cuz u ran out of excuses

7 hours ago, Cesar656 said:

I mean, did Mike use chester vocals for PT or the music in hif nft's?

sounds like you guys are laughing cuz u ran out of excuses

He didn’t but Chester was GD vocalist before he passed away, it’s not like a tribute band of Chester born after his passing  using his vocals. It’s different IMO. But as I said, as long as the music is fucking great, I don’t care, and Amends is one of the best LP related things of the last decade 

Thanks Mark, for clearing that up, really appreciate it!

The whole NFT thing: Even if we are puzzled by it and think it's stupid, Mike was always ambitious with new technology since day 1. LP were pretty much revolutionary in the way they used the internet back in 1999/2000. So that doesn't surprise me.

3 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

He didn’t but Chester was GD vocalist before he passed away, it’s not like a tribute band of Chester born after his passing  using his vocals. It’s different IMO. But as I said, as long as the music is fucking great, I don’t care, and Amends is one of the best LP related things of the last decade 

Nobody argued that he was the vocalist before passing, but was the promotion for Amends really necessary? the way they did it?

Idk man.. glad you enjoy it and worship it tho

38 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

Nobody argued that he was the vocalist before passing, but was the promotion for Amends really necessary? the way they did it?

Idk man.. glad you enjoy it and worship it tho

I worship nothing, couldn’t care less about the album sales or the merch, I just think the album is fucking great. 😊
If Mike drops a song that I consider better than anything on Amends I’ll be happy about it and I’ll publicly say that, it’s not that I’m blindingly defending something for the sake of it. 
Personally, I purchased the standard CD and the deluxe vynyl + book + CD edition of Amends so it’d be fake as fuck and hypocritical to criticize for being a cash grab something I was super glad to purchase, that’s all. 😊
I’ll tell you more:  I think Over Again and Promises I can’t keep are better songs than WITE, B12 and Sickness on Amends, so basically I think you can’t say that I’m blindingly doing a Mike vs Grey Daze thing. 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

I'm going to start removing Grey Daze posts from unrelated threads. You guys sound like children.

"GD is cashgrab"

"no, it isn't"

"yes, it is"

"no, it isn't"

"yes, it is"

Everybody already knows you disagree with each other, just stop replying. If you want to continue this shit show you're free to do so in the privacy of your PMs where it won't bother other forum members.

Please don't reply to this post either. Just end this discussion already.