Grey Daze Back in the Studio in April for "Amends" Sequel

Somebodyangry

In a recent interview about "Amends... Stripped" released on January 29, sitting down with MetalNation.com, Sean Dowdell was asked about a possible follow up to Amends (2020) and responded:

“Yeah! We wrote the new album for the past 8 months, we just finished the writing about two weeks ago and now we are setting up to go into the studio in April and knock out the next record.” [...]

"There are a few things I would like to try to do for Chester. There are a few people he would have really loved to play with had he been alive, and didn’t get a chance. I am reaching out to a few of those people and maybe they will, maybe they won’t. We will see. There is about five people that we are hoping want to play with us and play with him, we will see what happens.”

So basically, as Cristin Davis confirmed back on his social media, the band is far into the writing (re-writing) process of the record and apparently we're not that far from the second remastered record by Chester's pre-Linkin Park band. Stay tuned!

Check out the full interview here.

UPDATE: on February 21 the band confirmed they finished writing the record after 8 months and they’re hitting the studio to record the new material. 
UPDATE: during the first week of April the band constantly teased their work on social media, hinting that we might not be that far from getting “new” music...

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

I get your hype but let's not start to make all caps thread titles, please.

Also MetalNation labeling that a "remastered" record really bothers me. It's not a remix or remake either, it's a full blown reinterpretation, imo.

Edited by Rasputin 93

7 hours ago, Rasputin 93 said:

I get your hype but let's not start to make all caps thread titles, please.

Also MetalNation labeling that a "remastered" record really bothers me. It's not a remix or remake either, it's a full blown reinterpretation, imo.

Agree on the reinterpretation, when the instrumentals are totally re-written and it’s not a dancey/electronic record you can’t call it “remix”.  The all caps is my fault not due to the hype but a bad habit with titles. Happy they corrected me 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Lol you’re right 😂😂 I didn’t manage to link the post don’t know why 😂😂😂

well, and you didn't once again.

edit:
man, that pic just shows the original tapes they sent to the studio at the time they recorded them. No relation with any tracklist, just random takes.

Edited by vinifeijo

7 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

“new”song titles teased for album 2! 

48 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

well, and you didn't once again.

edit:
man, that pic just shows the original tapes they sent to the studio at the time they recorded them. No relation with any tracklist, just random takes.

Just saw on Instagram. That tracklist is just this tape:

https://lplive.net/shows/greydaze/19960218

Nothing to do with the album.

Can’t wait. Amends is amazing, a 10 out of 10 album for me, I play it constantly, same as Amends Stripped. Can’t get enough of either. People are gonna hate but fuck ‘em. Doesn’t change that for me Amends is the best LP related release since MTM/OOA.

16 hours ago, Lebron said:

Can’t wait. Amends is amazing, a 10 out of 10 album for me, I play it constantly, same as Amends Stripped. Can’t get enough of either. People are gonna hate but fuck ‘em. Doesn’t change that for me Amends is the best LP related release since MTM/OOA.

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

We should keep this thread going with every update available of Amends II

Cristin Davis
''Dave has been a guitar hero of mine since I was about 16 years old. What a dope day. #GreyDaze
@greydazeofficial @sean_dowdell @greysquirrel65 @esjayjones1 @brianvirtuemusic @chesterbe @davenavarro''

170316838-10223869877111412-345906072589

It's so great that a legend like Dave Navarro is joining the Amends project, watch and learn Mike Tiknoda.

Edited by JZ-CashGrabDude

9 minutes ago, JZ-CashGrabDude said:

Cristin Davis
''Dave has been a guitar hero of mine since I was about 16 years old. What a dope day. #GreyDaze
@greydazeofficial @sean_dowdell @greysquirrel65 @esjayjones1 @brianvirtuemusic @chesterbe @davenavarro''

I exactly thought this, let’s keep posting little updates that are basically not new-post worth until the bigger news comes out (first single release date/album name/album release date...). 
Dave Navarro working with them is great yeah, I love how they keep working with rock artists from the 90s, they keep the vibe of the original music. 

17 hours ago, JZ-CashGrabDude said:

Cristin Davis

It's so great that a legend like Dave Navarro is joining the Amends project, watch and learn Mike Tiknoda.

Does it give you a boner to slam Mike on every post you make? Do you think its the right thing to do in a forum of a band whose only active member is Mike?

And dont bother replying its a joke cuz thats what you always do everytime

22 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Sean Dowdell confirmed the album is coming at the end of this year. Source:me asking him in the comments on IG, lol. Can’t wait 

Awesome. Can't wait. Cool he answered you. Lol.