"Warner Records" Reissues

lpliveusername

For those who don't know, last year Warner Bros. Records was rebranded as "Warner Records" after WMG's license to the "Warner Bros." name and shield logo expired (more about it here). Now LPCatalog reports Linkin Park's albums have been reissued under the new label name with the new logo. The current list of known reissues is:

• Hybrid Theory (CD, Vinyl)
  • Reanimation (CD)
  • Meteora (CD, Vinyl)
  • Minutes To Midnight (CD, Vinyl)
  • Road To Revolution (CD/DVD)
  • Living Things (CD, Vinyl)
  • The Hunting Party (CD)
  • One More Light (CD)
  • One More Light Live (CD)

Changes from previous releases:

• New Warner Records logo.
  • New catalog number.
  • Warner website address has changed from "warnerbrosrecords.com" to "warnerrecords.com".
  • Label Code "LC 00392" has been removed from the credits.

Additionally, the new issue of Reanimation comes with the digipak booklet in a jewel case packaging. This seems to be a mistake by the label.

It's also been reported that these releases use the newer masters from 2013 for all of the pre-Living Things albums (from when they did the iTunes remasters), which would presumably mean all new physical pressings of Minutes to Midnight have the alternate (wrong) version of Shadow of the Day on them. I'll try to confirm this, but if so that would pretty much mean the original version of the song is "out of print" at this point.

Which is a shame because I think most would agree that the newer/ wrong version is the worst of the two. I can't believe after all this time it's still not fixed. I can understand NRL & Across the Line being getting tweaked by mistake because they are bonus tracks, but SOTD's chorus? Crazy.

5 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

I hate the remastered version of SOTD. Can we inform Mike about it? What's the deal why they changed it 7 years ago?

The label already knows about every single issues with all releases. Some people from the label were informed about them at least two times.

Edited by martinez

6 minutes ago, martinez said:

The label already knows about every single issues with all releases. Some people from the label were informed about them at least two times.

I see. the 2013 version is a demo or new recorded version intended for iTunes?

25 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

I see. the 2013 version is a demo or new recorded version intended for iTunes?

It's not. The deal was to send the 24-bit versions of each album to Apple to make by them Mastered for iTunes (aka Apple Digital Master now) which was so popular by that time. And that's all. All albums re-released in 2013 has no any differences in mastering (besides MTM and bonus tracks that were released in deluxe versions).

I think that the band already has a full MTM mastered version of the album with the new version of NRL and SOTD in 2007, but they decide to officially release the different versions of them. They still have those mastered versions that the label or someone responsible for that picked them in 2012 to release them later on iTunes and as 24-bit.

If you will watch making of Shadow of the day that was released in 2007, you can hear that new version of SOTD there.

Edited by martinez

On 11/5/2020 at 3:09 PM, lpliveusername said:

For those who don't know, last year Warner Bros. Records was rebranded as "Warner Records" after WMG's license to the "Warner Bros." name and shield logo expired (more about it here). Now LPCatalog reports Linkin Park's albums have been reissued under the new label name with the new logo. The current list of known reissues is:

• Reanimation (CD)
  • Meteora (CD, Vinyl)
  • The Hunting Party (CD)
  • One More Light (CD)

• New catalog number.
  • Warner website address has changed from "warnerbrosrecords.com" to "warnerrecords.com".

Additionally, the new issue of Reanimation comes with the digipak booklet in a jewel case packaging. This seems to be a mistake by the label.

A Thousand Suns?

how about A Thousand Suns?

On 11/5/2020 at 7:09 PM, lpliveusername said:

• Reanimation (CD)
  • Meteora (CD, Vinyl)
  • The Hunting Party (CD)
  • One More Light (CD)

• New catalog number.

Reanimation is on it's way to me so I'll make sure to open it and check everything. As for the other releases, I'll try to get at least MTM Also it looks like there is no enhanced content on the CD which is probably due the website toolkit not available anymore.

On 11/7/2020 at 3:34 AM, eskandardanial said:

A Thousand Suns?

how about A Thousand Suns?

Like said on the main post, at the moment we have the info for all of the above, I haven't seen ATS anywhere as of november 07. BUT it should be out with a new logo too, I'm 100% certain.

Edited by michalangelo

9 hours ago, michalangelo said:

Reanimation is on it's way to me so I'll make sure to open it and check everything. As for the other releases, I'll try to get at least MTM Also it looks like there is no enhanced content on the CD which is probably due the website toolkit not available anymore.

Like said on the main post, at the moment we have the info for all of the above, I haven't seen ATS anywhere as of november 07. BUT it should be out with a new logo too, I'm 100% certain.

ok sir, I got it. 

On 11/6/2020 at 4:24 AM, Astat said:

It's also been reported that these releases use the newer masters from 2013 for all of the pre-Living Things albums (from when they did the iTunes remasters), which would presumably mean all new physical pressings of Minutes to Midnight have the alternate (wrong) version of Shadow of the Day on them. I'll try to confirm this, but if so that would pretty much mean the original version of the song is "out of print" at this point.

Got the reissued tour edition of MTM.

SOTD and NRL are the original ones from 2007.

Can confirm that Reanimation reissue comes with what most of the times is digipack booklet however, this is new print! (check the catalog number on the inside page) And on chalk paper too. I assume someone screwed up during edit and instead of adding regular cover he added the one from the digipack booklet as 1st page. No other explanation..

photo-2020-11-09-22-37-38-jpg-fcf7122013

photo-2020-11-09-14-44-58-jpg-c82b253240

photo-2020-11-09-14-45-29-jpg-78c8f31077

Ok so the toolkit is on the cd! No info about it on the back though...

enhanced-jpg-cf2c9502287e572a40b32b91947

reanim-jpg-efc35b29729e9f4570d8ad77efee9

On 11/8/2020 at 3:51 PM, StaticXero said:

Got the reissued tour edition of MTM.

SOTD and NRL are the original ones from 2007.

Any other reissues you came across? ATS? ATS+?

21 hours ago, michalangelo said:

Can confirm that Reanimation reissue comes with what most of the times is digipack booklet however, this is new print! (check the catalog number on the inside page) And on chalk paper too. I assume someone screwed up during edit and instead of adding regular cover he added the one from the digipack booklet as 1st page. No other explanation..

photo_2020-11-09_22-37-38.thumb.jpg.f331e37a05202c44e7f95979085e72d3.jpg photo_2020-11-09_14-44-58.thumb.jpg.1210933bb8b2b2a0b81582b4123371d9.jpg photo_2020-11-09_14-45-29.jpg

Ok so the toolkit is on the cd! No info about it on the back though...

enhanced.jpg.cf2c9502287e572a40b32b919474d38e.jpg

reanim.thumb.jpg.2dec9176343e52ad7a1e2413bee39401.jpg

Any other reissues you came across? ATS? ATS+?

Is that the new album cover for Reanimation? what happened to the Gundam soldier?

12 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

Is that the new album cover for Reanimation? what happened to the Gundam soldier?

The digipak and jewel case versions of Linkin Park albums usually have different booklets. They used the digipak booklet for this Reanimation reissue by mistake. Other examples of digipak versions with different booklets:

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Live_In_Texas#Gallery

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Minutes_To_Midnight#Gallery

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Road_To_Revolution:_Live_At_Milton_Keynes#Gallery

15 minutes ago, eskandardanial said:

any chance for Japanese Press re-issue? 

Only if there was a Japanese release, Hybrid Theory would not have it because there was no Japanese pressing. 

U mean vinyl right? 

Edited by davg1992