LP Coming to iPhone / iTouch

Alexonlyalex

It seems Linkin Park is going to be coming to an iPhone / iTouch near you!

Los Angeles/Hong Kong, April 21, 2009 – Artificial Life, Inc., (OTC BB: ALIF), today announced a three-year agreement with multi-platinum two-time Grammy-winning rock band Linkin Park and Warner Bros. Records to produce a series of official applications for the iPhone and iPod touch platform. The company plans to release two interactive applications per year, featuring the band’s likeness and music in unconventional styles; the first launch is tentatively scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2009 pending approval. The group's DJ Joe Hahn helped design the game.

"We want to offer our fans every opportunity to enjoy our music," says Joe Hahn "We're excited to be working with Artificial Life to develop a new and unique way for them to experience Linkin Park."

Source 1, Source 2, Source 3

Hmm I wonder if this is the extra media that LP wanted to present w their new album?

That sounds really stupid though. Presenting an album via a game on an iPhone? I know maybe 2 people max that have an iPhone. That'd be really silly...I hope this isn't what they meant.

They're selling out big time with this.

I'll implement the new rule in action right now. That is a stupid thing to say. "selling out" its so ridiculous to say that. It's like your telling LP don't expand your horizons. Don't try to make cool apps for your fans who do have the devices to play them. That's also saying they're a sellout out because that had diff. type of genre songs on their new CD. The word selling out is so overused and misused as well.. /end rant

I'll implement the new rule in action right now. That is a stupid thing to say. "selling out" its so ridiculous to say that. It's like your telling LP don't expand your horizons. Don't try to make cool apps for your fans who do have the devices to play them. That's also saying they're a sellout out because that had diff. type of genre songs on their new CD. The word selling out is so overused and misused as well.. /end rant

Well said, that phrase is used for almost every little thing. If a band does something differently Just ONE SMALL thing, its selling out. Lets see how this works out people :)

Amen to that, unlike alot of hardcore fans I really enjoyed minutes to midnight, it was a mainstream album but I enjoyed it. I don't think LP sold out or else they'd be making that techno hip hop and 90's rock that everyone listens to. Just because they want to make a living with their music doesn't mean they are a sell out! Especially when u think of bands and singers, like Chris Cornell with Scream, now that was a genuine sellout.

Amen to that, unlike alot of hardcore fans I really enjoyed minutes to midnight, it was a mainstream album but I enjoyed it. I don't think LP sold out or else they'd be making that techno hip hop and 90's rock that everyone listens to. Just because they want to make a living with their music doesn't mean they are a sell out! Especially when u think of bands and singers, like Chris Cornell with Scream, now that was a genuine sellout.

MTM was a meh for me at first, but when i listened to it more, the lyrics and how different it sounded. But it was a good different. It felt more techincal and better arranged. Dont get me wrong i loved HT and Meteora but it was good.

Chris i liked the new album honestly. Who cares if he changed direction, there are really some good lyrics in some of the new songs.

anyways. this phone application is in no way touching the definition of selling out

From Wikipedia (its a definition cmon not anything major like rumors or anything)

The phrase is frequently heard in the musical community, where it is used to imply that an artist has compromised his or her artistic integrity in order to gain radio airplay or obtain a recording contract, especially with a major label. Often, the label will force a particular record producer onto the performer, insist on the inclusion of songs by commercial songwriters, or the label may even refuse to release an album, deeming it uncommercial.

Chris Cornell did NOT sell out, jesus christ.

I can support this, if you guys think he did this to get more media attention or money.

1. The guys rich. Cmon hes got kids, a wife, and all of his guitars back (lol@thecourt for taking 14 yrs to get it all back), he has plenty of money.

2. He has people following his work from Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog, Audioslave and his other solo stuff. What more attention could he want? There are already people looking at him for a SG reunion. Plus hes been in the buisiness since before I LPXDC was born.

3. He puts in 200 percent in all live shows. He plays more then most bands usually play. He played till midnight at the show i went to. It may seem irrelevant but he could be a cheapass and play a 12 song set.

im willing to bet warner will find a way to fuck this up for us. eh, just think, only 2 more studio albums and LP are free. lets just hope that they do not sign back with them (dont think they will).

i wonder what the games will be like.....as in like guitar hero type games? or a questionare type thing? this will be good, i may buy one of there iPhones just to see this

I shud've made myself clearer sry, I didn't mean sell out by selling out for the money lol. I mean like he tried to do something like mainstream techno and rock and then a mix of his old sound, and I think that he sold out in the music sense. I don't hate the album personally, it's not that bad, but like it's not him at all. Especially the song Scream.

I shud've made myself clearer sry, I didn't mean sell out by selling out for the money lol. I mean like he tried to do something like mainstream techno and rock and then a mix of his old sound, and I think that he sold out in the music sense. I don't hate the album personally, it's not that bad, but like it's not him at all. Especially the song Scream.

Usually one sells out by going mainstream for MONEY lol. I guess its your opinion then. Hes still frigging awesome. Scream has good lyrics (i mean the album and even the song itself).

Keep your eyes out on a new review coming out soon for when i went to see him a few weeks back

but anyways we have gotten way too off topic haha.

So lets get some theories on what these new apps will be!

MTM was a meh for me at first, but when i listened to it more, the lyrics and how different it sounded. But it was a good different. It felt more techincal and better arranged. Dont get me wrong i loved HT and Meteora but it was good.

Chris i liked the new album honestly. Who cares if he changed direction, there are really some good lyrics in some of the new songs.

anyways. this phone application is in no way touching the definition of selling out

From Wikipedia (its a definition cmon not anything major like rumors or anything)

The phrase is frequently heard in the musical community, where it is used to imply that an artist has compromised his or her artistic integrity in order to gain radio airplay or obtain a recording contract, especially with a major label. Often, the label will force a particular record producer onto the performer, insist on the inclusion of songs by commercial songwriters, or the label may even refuse to release an album, deeming it uncommercial.

How is signing a deal to make video game apps not selling out? That definition can apply to different scenarios, not just music.

:rolleyes:

How is signing a deal to make video game apps not selling out? That definition can apply to different scenarios, not just music.

You know how idiotic you sound? You don't even know what selling out is.