What microphone did Chester use live?

Scourge

As far as I know, LP always used Sennheiser microphones. I've seen Chester & Mike using this mic a lot. And since Talinda said that they have the mic at home which Chester used for almost 9 years, I am pretty sure that he always used this Sennheiser mic on stage.

But I have no clue about models, sorry.

As far as I know, LP always used Sennheiser microphones. I've seen Chester & Mike using this mic a lot. And since Talinda said that they have the mic at home which Chester used for almost 9 years, I am pretty sure that he always used this Sennheiser mic on stage.

But I have no clue about models, sorry.

Thank you!!! I will definitely look into this

• 4 months later...

Sorry for replying to a dead thread. Thank you guys for your help! I think it's awesome how much this community knows about the band. I did find his main microphones, the Sennheiser SKM 2000 with the 865-a capsule and the Audio Technica AEW-T6100 with his signature yellow electrical tape (I wish I could've bought one of the ones being auctioned on reverb), but I can't find what microphone he used for the 2001 & 2004 Rock Am Ring shows along with the '04 Download Festival.

linkin-park-rock-am-ring-2001-.png.7fe4761b30121f05f0159b8570d2ee6e.png14026633_885714748201042_1133865605_n.jpg.cd26e29c7c1f858980a5d0c648397235.jpgCYkrahPUoAAlOF3.jpg.8db4e904aa415c9ac06b927b3d314262.jpg

The capsule is almost definitely a Shure Beta 58A, but I'm not sure about the microphone itself. It looks like a Shure microphone, and the tiny little screen looks similar to the ones made by Shure, but I can't find one with the antenna at the end. Maybe it's part of the system? Thank you guys for everything

• 1 month later...

Almost certain these are the Shure UHF series but cant confirm because I can't find that release date. I thought Shure discontinued their wireless systems after the L series (which this isn't) in the 90s re-entering the wireless market in mid 2000s which rules the first picture out. But again looks identical. I know 100% the 2004 pictures he is using that Shure UHF series Microphone (U2 model in MK2 freq) based on the MK2 marked under the picture (which funny enough, was posted by the LPL Twitter account that appeared in a photo.

Long story short, 99.99998% sure it is the Shure UHF Series (So a U4s or U4d receiver, U2 Mic) but the date time line messes with my head. Note, have used these mics before, they are stupidly heavy hahaha.

s-l1000.jpg

DZJnaKeWsAA10LJ.jpg:large

• 10 months later...

Has anyone ever understood why chester tends to hold the capsule? I am a singer myself and I kind of imitated chesters way of holding the mic  but every now and then I have arguments with mixers and audio engineers who tell me that its wrong. For me, it actually works and I have been curios why chester always seemed to get away with it 😃

• 3 years later...

Now, about his unique mic-holding style – it's interesting how different artists have their quirks, right?While it might not be the conventional technique, if it works for you and you're comfortable with it, that's what matters most. Singing is a personal journey, and each artist has their own style. If it works for you and connects you with your audience, that's what counts.Plus, if you ever venture into ASMR microphones for a different kind of performance, your unique approach might just be what sets you apart!

Edited by SaigeGiles

• 2 weeks later...