2018.10.13 - New York City, New York

RogueSoul

Time to rock, America. Mike's bringing the Post Traumatic Tour to the United States! His first show of his U.S. run is happening tomorrow, October 13, in New York City, New York at The Rooftop at Pier 17!

Last night in Toronto, Ontario was certainly one to remember. Mike dished out loads of surprises on only the second stop of the tour - and there were many surprises to look out for. Starting small, some notable structural changes led to 'Make It Up As I Go' and 'Good Goodbye/Bleed It Out' to be performed in the encore for the first time, and the first time since Mike's show at Identity LA that the mashup was played second-to-last. 'Petrified' was shortened a bit - possibly due to a technical difficulty - and went straight into 'I.O.U.,' which apparently was performed acapella through the first verse (still looking for a confirmation on that). The surprises started strong and early, with 'In Stereo' being performed for the second time on tour, and for the first time with Dan and Matt playing along. Next came something fans have been wanting ever since the tour started: 'High Voltage.' Mike performed the first verse and chorus of the song during the extended bridge of 'Sorry For Now' after Dan's drum solo - seems like 'Sorry For Now' is going to become to new 'Bleed It Out!' Mike continued with the first full performance of the piano version of 'Burn It Down' on the tour, which was followed by a full piano version of 'Numb.' The main set ended with the 'About You,' 'Over Again,' and 'Papercut' run for the first time. The encore began with what is undoubtedly the biggest surprise of the night: tour debuts of the studio versions of 'Wisdom, Justice, and Love' and 'Iridescent' - the first time either of those songs have been played like that since Singapore 2011!

Watch Mike perform the first verse and chorus of 'High Voltage' during the extended bridge of 'Sorry For Now' in Toronto! What other verses do you think we could see over the song?

This isn't Mike's first run around New York - hell, it isn't even his first Post Traumatic show in New York. Earlier this year, Mike played his very first full headlining show at New York's Gramercy Theater for a Post Traumatic Release Show - myself and Mark were both there, and it was one hell of a show! The surprise live debut of 'I.O.U.,' an intimate crowd, and huge energy all led to a fantastic show. Linkin Park and Mike have performed in New York almost too many times to count, so I'll spare you a textbook chapter of notes. But, here's some highlights from NYC history: unforgettable shows in Madison Square Garden in both 2008 (which featured a surprise appearance from JAY-Z) and 2011 (which was actually my first concert ever!) and the iconic Webster Hall show from 2007 (which featured the live debut of 'Bleed It Out') are only some of the epic moments that have gone down in the city.

What can we expect from this show? As we've learned from the first two shows: expect the unexpected. We'll probably see a bit of a mix-up of the setlist he played back in June, but there'll surely be more than just a few substitutions. It's anyone's best bet at this point what Mike will play at these upcoming shows, and nothing's off the table. Could we see the tour debut of the full version of 'High Voltage' soon? Perhaps a live debut from a song off of Post Traumatic like 'Promises I Can't Keep' or 'Can't Hear You Now?' Literally nothing is off the table here. We'll just have to wait and see what happens!

New York is going to have a great crowd. Watch 'In The End' from Mike's show at the Gramercy Theater earlier this year to get a taste of how great this show will be!

Who's heading to the show? If you are, let me know - I'll see you there! I'll be in New York and Philly for the shows, so if you see me be sure to say hi! I don't bite! After this show, Mike heads to Philadelphia on Sunday. grandson is in town in Philly the same night Mike plays - he's opening for Nothing But Thieves. Perhaps we'll see a live collaboration for 'Running From My Shadow' happen! I'll be recording both shows, so stay tuned for sources on those as well.

We'll be keeping you updated on everything that happens at this show, so be be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world (a couple members from the Discord will be at this show - be sure to say hi)! We just launched the new LPLive Archive YouTube Channel that is loaded with hours of rare content from the Linkin Park world, and we'll also be uploading videos from the Post Traumatic Tour there, too. Be sure to subscribe!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's touring schedule here.