Linkin Park in India

ThunderStrike

Move/delete this thread if it's the wrong place to put this.

There are tons of LP fans in India, and we've been blessed with shows my renowned acts like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Shakira etc., but not LP. So I made a petition for a live show here.

Please sign and if possible, circulate it. Thanks a ton.

LINK

Edited by ThunderStrike

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Guys, you must understand that both, the concert host (the company which organizes the concert) and LP's management must be 100% sure that the concert will be at least to 95% sold out otherwise it doesnt make sense to play.

It seems to me that in your countries Linkin Park CD's are not sold well, thats the reason why both (the host and the management) thinks that nobody will come to the concert or at least too less people to make money of it. And well, since both (host and management) are looking at the sellings to analyze success of a band, you guys have to make the sellings better instead of making some petitions, thats how the bussiness works.

Guys, you must understand that both, the concert host (the company which organizes the concert) and LP's management must be 100% sure that the concert will be at least to 95% sold out otherwise it doesnt make sense to play.

It seems to me that in your countries Linkin Park CD's are not sold well, thats the reason why both (the host and the management) thinks that nobody will come to the concert or at least too less people to make money of it. And well, since both (host and management) are looking at the sellings to analyze success of a band, you guys have to make the sellings better instead of making some petitions, thats how the bussiness works.

I completely agree with you brother but we 5-10 Indians here at LPL can't amass a crowd of 20,000 to please LP. Dunno how many will actually come if there's a concert but i can guarantee LP won't be in loss if they come. If so many of delhiites can line up for a crap concert of Akon, i expect many can come for a fucking LINKIN PARK concert. Definitely me n my 5-10 friends. Still there's no problem in getting my hopes high i guess.... ;-P

Edited by Anjum_Agony.In.Disguise

I think it's actually quite hard to get CDs in India in general, therefore of course they don't really sell well... which doesn't mean there wouldn't be a lot of fans showing up at the shows! Otherwise it would have also been senseless for LP to play in Taiwan and Malaysia and stuff.

I think it's actually quite hard to get CDs in India in general, therefore of course they don't really sell well... which doesn't mean there wouldn't be a lot of fans showing up at the shows! Otherwise it would have also been senseless for LP to play in Taiwan and Malaysia and stuff.

Well to make that more specific, CD's are not hard to find here it all (Atleast in my city which is the national capital) rather CD's of artists like LP are a bit hard to find. CD's of Hip-Hop artisits, mainstream rock artists like metallica etc are more easy. Still it doesnt mean that LP isn't popular here. The less sales are due to FREE INTERNET DOWNLOADS i guess........

Well, all i can say on this is that, Warner malaysia/taiwan/korea has made excellent job on promoting LP on Radio televison and ect. The second most amount of Promo CDs/DVD's are coming from there.

• 1 month later...

Linkin park has received constant messages from Lp indian fans ,and mike knows it well from lpu indian fans donno when they r going to come here and play , i donno whether they will even come or not i have waited all long for more than 7 years still no hope :(

thunderstrike

btw when did metallica come ;).................

Linkin park has received constant messages from Lp indian fans ,and mike knows it well from lpu indian fans donno when they r going to come here and play , i donno whether they will even come or not i have waited all long for more than 7 years still no hope :(

I have been waiting for like the last 6 years. It's getting so frustrating. AARGHH!!!!! But somehow i have a feeling that they will surely visit Delhi/Bangalore this year or the next. BTW which city do you live in??

I have been waiting for like the last 6 years. It's getting so frustrating. AARGHH!!!!! But somehow i have a feeling that they will surely visit Delhi/Bangalore this year or the next. BTW which city do you live in??

dude i come frm chennai , i have been on the old lp boards for more than 2 years ,i do visit here often but the new board is quite less impressive and no healthy discussions over there these days ;) , when iron maiden can come i donno why lp couldnt , man we keep on saying next next ............... there seeems to be no end when is the next gonna end and lp gonna see us , only way is to fly 2 some country and see them , and thats what im gonna do this year , man im done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant stand much longer

dude i come frm chennai , i have been on the old lp boards for more than 2 years ,i do visit here often but the new board is quite less impressive and no healthy discussions over there these days ;) , when iron maiden can come i donno why lp couldnt , man we keep on saying next next ............... there seeems to be no end when is the next gonna end and lp gonna see us , only way is to fly 2 some country and see them , and thats what im gonna do this year , man im done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant stand much longer

I really hope that this wait would end soon. Cool bro! I can't afford going to another country for a show. :(

Where you going by the way?? US?Germany? wHeRe???

I really hope that this wait would end soon. Cool bro! I can't afford going to another country for a show. :(

Where you going by the way?? US?Germany? wHeRe???

i know its really expensive going to some other country and watch but no other choice , might be in uk i hope

i know its really expensive going to some other country and watch but no other choice , might be in uk i hope

Yeah! Awesome bro! Enjoy the show. Me still waiting for the time when they'll play here. Approximately how much will all this trip cost you in Rupees (including airfare, tickets, accomodation etc)???

Yeah! Awesome bro! Enjoy the show. Me still waiting for the time when they'll play here. Approximately how much will all this trip cost you in Rupees (including airfare, tickets, accomodation etc)???

bro i have booked my concert ticket ticket is approximately around 4000 grand in indian rupees , and im gonna pursue my masters over there , so i hope ill get more chances to see much more bands ;)

flight charges will be like 26 k [ 2 way] it will be around like total will cost u around 40 ,000 k to see a concert outside India if ur planning to go ;)

bro i have booked my concert ticket ticket is approximately around 4000 grand in indian rupees , and im gonna pursue my masters over there , so i hope ill get more chances to see much more bands ;)

flight charges will be like 26 k [ 2 way] it will be around like total will cost u around 40 ,000 k to see a concert outside India if ur planning to go ;)

Sweet man. How many chucky cheese gold doubloons do I need to see all of the UK shows if I am flying from Dallas, TX? Please include the total to include the price of a round trip as well as the 4 concerts.

Sweet man. How many chucky cheese gold doubloons do I need to see all of the UK shows if I am flying from Dallas, TX? Please include the total to include the price of a round trip as well as the 4 concerts.

lol , dude comon i know u would have seen a ton ;) :) btw gold doubloons rofl , why did that strike u and valon itz really frustrating because of cd's and things lp do not come here is so sad ,and stuffs i have bought are

Posted Image

Frat party at the pancake festival (DVD)

Fort Minor - The rising tied (album)

Reanimation

Minutes to Midnight (European tour edition)

Road to Revolution Live @ Milton Keynes

i also managed to buy Ht and meteora , which i gifted to my nephew for his bday

cd and stuffs when concerned to lp do not release here on the exact day as they release over there , they are available in stores only after like 3- 4 months , when u release the cd's and dvds so late u will almost loose the interest to buy one and warner must take necessary steps in promoting the cds and stuffs for us to get easy access and when stuffs are available for download not much go and buy the cd's but is not the same when it comes to concert , Iron maiden has a extreme huge ban base here and have come almost 3 times and they still count , plus India was featured in maiden flight 666 DVD and it is the first concert which was added for the tour ;)plus megadeath , machine head and much more and why not Lp ??????

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i dont think so even those fans should have all bought licensed original cd's , but why did they they came for the sole reason fans and only if a band tours a place they will come to know the fan base here , and the name Lp is just enough for 30 - 40000 people to turn up on minimum basis and i think it decent enuf for a big band and the rock culture is becoming famous here and is not the exact way it is like in europe or in any other part of the world and in my city itself i know 50 guys upto my knowledge their might be lots even and imagine a country with 28 states imagine the crowd which cna turn up from each and every state !!!!!!!!!! , and lp had even toured singapore , thailand in the previous years why not us !!!!!!!!!!!!! if it is a matter of crowd we are definitely far ahead and can be the one of the best

itz high time lp decides and gives the fans some recognition :)

Edited by aravind221

They came for the sole reason fans and only if a band tours a place they will come to know the fan base here , and the name Lp is just enough for 30 - 40000 people to turn up on minimum basis and i think it decent enuf for a big band and the rock culture is becoming famous here and is not the exact way it is like in europe or in any other part of the world and in my city itself i know 50 guys upto my knowledge their might be lots even and imagine a country with 28 states imagine the crowd which cna turn up from each and every state !!!!!!!!!! , and lp had even toured singapore , thailand in the previous years why not us !!!!!!!!!!!!! if it is a matter of crowd we are definitely far ahead and can be the one of the best

itz high time lp decides and gives the fans some recognition :)

I totally agree with you Aravind. Considering that India is the 7th largest country by land and has a HUUUUGE music listening population, it should definitely figure in the list of LP's touring countries. Tickets are not very expensive and can easily be afforded. And ya, a crowd of 40k can easily gather for such a popular and humongous band like LP. India deserves a show atleast once. I hope we get a show in 2011. I am dying to see them live.

I totally agree with you Aravind. Considering that India is the 7th largest country by land and has a HUUUUGE music listening population, it should definitely figure in the list of LP's touring countries. Tickets are not very expensive and can easily be afforded. And ya, a crowd of 40k can easily gather for such a popular and humongous band like LP. India deserves a show atleast once. I hope we get a show in 2011. I am dying to see them live.

anjum i hope at least they can come here for at least a LIVE EARTH CONCERT ;) and one of our lp indians fans said during the old linkinpark boards long back that Joe hahn visited india , donno how far that's true !!!!!! i believe thats our thunderstrike if im wrong im sorry :)

india is a part of live earth nations india live earth wikipedia source link

Edited by aravind221