Mike Performing in Köln, Germany

hahninator

Good news, Germany! Mike has added another headlining show to his Post Traumatic European Tour, this time at the Palladium in Köln, set for August 29th.

If this venue sounds familiar to you, you might have seen that Linkin Park played the venue in twice in 2001 - opening for the Deftones in March and again headlining in September. LP also returned to the city in 2008, 2010, and 2014 for arena shows.

Where should Mike add a show next?

I'm glad I was expecting shows in middle Europe in late August/early September, so I could plan my holidays accordingly. xD
I hope I can get tickets! My sister and me will be driving for over 5 hours to get to Cologne, but it's worth it.

Thats kinda sad tbh

Well, warner.de says "for the time beeing", they just dont want to spoiler anything or it´s unclear if there´s gonna be another german show (but they definitely know more than they tell)

Cologne is to far away for me on a wednesday ;-(

I need a show in Stuttgart, please!

Chances of a Stuttgart show are pretty much zero. I was surprised that Linkin Park played that often here in the last couple of years.

Köln is a good choice though. Its much better located than Berlin or Hamburg which typically get most of the shows.

I am definitely going!

If this venue sounds familiar to you, you might have seen that Linkin Park played the venue twice in 2001 - once opening for the Deftones in March, and another headlining in September.

This is not totally correct. The show in March was at the "E-Werk" which is located right across the street from the Palladium where they played in September :).

https://www.google.de/maps/@50.9694395,7.0170432,3a,75y,245.52h,86.32t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sqn7d_lI8CL5PAX3atR47yA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dqn7d_lI8CL5PAX3atR47yA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D197.09529%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Hmm, I took a look on the ticket stubs on the show page and they say "Palladium". So I checked the live vid we got from the March show and yeah, it seems I was wrong about that one. I always thought it was the E-Werk in March. So forgive me for the inconvenience, but it was right all along...

Edited by Trumtram

Chances of a Stuttgart show are pretty much zero. I was surprised that Linkin Park played that often here in the last couple of years.

Köln is a good choice though. Its much better located than Berlin or Hamburg which typically get most of the shows.

I am definitely going!

I know and I hate my place

Why do you think there is no chance for a Stuttgart show? As an American it seems like Stuttgart is a very popular place in Germany. I might be completely wrong on that since I follow LP so much and have seen LP there. 30,000+ at the 2009 show is very impressive. And 2010 + 2014 arena shows. It is a city that has been on LP's radar to visit ever since they started expanding their Germany show reach in 2008.

The cities that seem like are obvious for LP/Mike are Berlin, Hamburg, Koln, and Stuttgart. Maybe Munchen or Frankfurt?

Am I wrong?

Why do you think there is no chance for a Stuttgart show? As an American it seems like Stuttgart is a very popular place in Germany. I might be completely wrong on that since I follow LP so much and have seen LP there. 30,000+ at the 2009 show is very impressive. And 2010 + 2014 arena shows. It is a city that has been on LP's radar to visit ever since they started expanding their Germany show reach in 2008.

The cities that seem like are obvious for LP/Mike are Berlin, Hamburg, Koln, and Stuttgart. Maybe Munchen or Frankfurt?

Am I wrong?

Bands usually just play in Stuttgart when they are playing a couple of German shows anyway. Ive never seen a band play here when they only play like one or two shows in Germany (there are exceptions of course). Cities like Köln and Frankfurt are pretty close (around a 2 hour train ride) so most bands just play there.

I can't imagine this will be the only show in Germany. I think they'll announce more later this week

In general, I would agree with you because Germany was always their number one location in amount of shows outside the US.

But, unfortunately, I think this time we have to be satisfied with the Cologne show, because I don't expect the tour to be that huge and Cologne is a central location and good to arrive for all people in Germany. It would be different if the only show was in Berlin, so there would be a need for a second show in Munich or Stuttgart.

But, we'll see - hopefully I am wrong :)