The Official Meteora Thread

ChuckCheese

The only real problem I had with this album is that faint, figure .09, and from the inside are all next to eachother, and they all have a similar sound. They all have about the same guitar chord progression, they're all in C sharp minor, all 3 of chesters vocals are practically the same notes (from the inside is a bit different though)

I don't care they sound alike, but it would of been better if they were further apart.

I love all LP albums, but if I need to choose one, who is worst, it would be Meteora.

Almost all songs is *almost* copies of HT songs:

Points Of Authority - Don't Stay

Papercut - Lying From You

By Myself - Hit The Floor

Crawling - Easier To Run

Pushing Me Away - Faint

And in my opinion Hit The Floor and Nobody's Listening is the worst LP songs ever {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_neutral.gif

I really enjoy Meteora, more than HT. I appreciate the 'strive for perfection' that went into the album. Even if some of the songs sound similar to those on HT, they are still good songs!

I'd say that this album produced the strongest group of singles. Somewhere I Belong (although being In the End v2) was a good radio friendly song (and my favourite LP song ever {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif ). Faint was an excellent follow-up. We all know the success Numb had. From the Inside was not that strong but had a good video! And Breaking the Habit was a strong final single.

And don't forget Lying From You became a radio only single.

This is probably my favorite Linkin Park album. It was actually the first one I bought I think, because I was only like 8 when HT came out. I thought this was amazing and bought every other Cd/Dvd they had come out with. Somewhere I Belong is probably my fav song on this album.

I love all LP albums, but if I need to choose one, who is worst, it would be Meteora.

Crawling - Easier To Run

Pushing Me Away - Faint

And in my opinion Hit The Floor and Nobody's Listening is the worst LP songs ever

Are you crazy? Hit the floor was one of the BEST songs ever!

Crawling - Easier To Run

Pushing Me Away - Faint

And in my opinion Hit The Floor and Nobody's Listening is the worst LP songs ever

have you forgotten valentine's day? that is the worst lp song ever.

and how is pushing me away like faint? i'd say numb fits better there.

Are you crazy? Hit the floor was one of the BEST songs ever!

It's MY opinion. And I don't change my opinion - HTF for me is one of the worst songs...

Crawling - Easier To Run

Pushing Me Away - Faint

have you forgotten valentine's day? that is the worst lp song ever.

and how is pushing me away like faint? i'd say numb fits better there.

YESSSSSSSSSS, I DID BIG MISTAKE, SORRY. It should be NUMB instead FAINT.

Valentine's Day isn't good song for me, but it isn't worse than Nobody's Listening or Hit The Floor...

my favs would be htf, lfy and figure.09. and i have to say bth has grown on me over the years, though that's not due to lp playing it piano-version so much. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_rolleyes.gif

on the other hand i used to love easier to run, but now i somehow can't stand it anymore... >.>

• 2 weeks later...

Probably my favorite LP album of the three, I like MTM more but I have a connection with Meteora since it was my first LP album and also the first album I ever bought. It contains my favorite LP track to date, Faint, and I also love Breaking The Habit and rest of the songs on it. Except Session

Edited by Geki

• 2 weeks later...

lets just post favs of meteora in here...

1hit the floor

2don't stay

3figure .09

4lying from you

5faint

6from the inside

7session

8somewhere i belong

9breaking the habit

10foreward

11numb

12easier to run

13nobody's listening (cuz nobody wants to!)

Edit: i'd rather hear foreward being played 200 times in 1 day in a row than my last 3. and nobody's listening is a pointless song. nobody's listening is the best title for it, because noone wants to listen to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why's everyone hating on nobodys listening.Mike has some nice lines on it, plus the intro loop is so unique.

I agree. Nobody's Listening is one of my favorite LP tracks. It has a unique sound overall and I think it adds to Meteora's diversity.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Best album ever.

1. Lying From You

2. Faint [ very close to LFY ]

3. Figure .09

4. Breaking The Habit

5. Numb

6. Somewhere I Belong

7. Don't Stay

8. From The Inside

9. Hit The Floor

10. Easier To Run

11. Nobody's Listening

12. Session

13. Foreword

The TOP5 makes this album better than HT, but HT has more good songs.