Why Jon Green is a Perfect Fit for Linkin Park

hahninator

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think they are so far into their career that a new singer would be literally almost impossible to find. They are able to survive as 5 no problem, hell Mike can survive as just ONE honestly. They had like almost 20 years of history with Chester, this isn't some case where the singer dies two or three albums in... they had like seven of them. The vibes would be so different that I bet the band this far into their career won't do it. They also probably know the fans would look at a new singer as some sort of replacement for Chester and they'd lose some support, which is likely, but that may not really alter their decision much.

Other bands have done it. AC/DC. Queen. LP is certainly of the status of those bands in the world.

They could EASILY make music as a 5 piece and tour as a 5 piece. 99% of fans would accept it. I'm one of those people who would never accept a replacement for Chester. I used to think maybe they needed to get one, but I'm pretty confident now that I think they should continue as a 5 piece. The show proved to me that they can tour that way, and I know they can make new music that way.

• 9 months later...

Since Mike is touring with some supporting staff (especially Matt as his vocal/guitar/keyboard support), I would like to revisit this thread.

I guess we can all agree that Mike's vocal performances has been getting better and better from each show (Look Castle of Glass) and that has something to do with not having to everything on stage.

I feel like this is one of the better solutions for a possible future of LP and wether it's Matt or Jon - LP definitely has a better chance of going back on stage while having an additional vocalist in the background, who can free Mike from doing everything.

Since all the music since MTM is shit, Jon Green would have no problem with it. Nobody in music would.

I disagree.

Music is subjective. For example, I love HT, M, and MTM, but I also think ATS is a masterpiece start to finish.

Since Mike is touring with some supporting staff (especially Matt as his vocal/guitar/keyboard support), I would like to revisit this thread.

I guess we can all agree that Mike's vocal performances has been getting better and better from each show (Look Castle of Glass) and that has something to do with not having to everything on stage.

I feel like this is one of the better solutions for a possible future of LP and wether it's Matt or Jon - LP definitely has a better chance of going back on stage while having an additional vocalist in the background, who can free Mike from doing everything.

Agreed. This was basically my point from the start but I made the thread so close to the Bowl show that it really triggered a lot of people.

Mike is doing outstanding live. The Reading show... wow. His voice is so much better now than it was in May. Matt is also doing quite well. I think Matt is making people warm up to the idea of someone in the background with LP to do instruments and a few backing vocals.

I wouldn't mind. Muse do that since the very beginning.

Well, they started to use Morgan as backup-everything since 2006 when Chris broke his ankle and they needed a stand-in bassist for a couple of shows, then he stayed as a support musician. But before then, songs like Sunburn or New Born were being played with backing tracks or just the instruments onstage (for example a live version of Sunburn on guitar).

Well, they started to use Morgan as backup-everything since 2006 when Chris broke his ankle and they needed a stand-in bassist for a couple of shows, then he stayed as a support musician. But before then, songs like Sunburn or New Born were being played with backing tracks or just the instruments onstage (for example a live version of Sunburn on guitar).

You get it.

Edited by Chazzy Chazz